ipv6 cloud hosting

Any suggestions for affordable cloud hosting with ipv6? Linux only is ok. Need a few servers for a short period of time to perform some apps testing. Thanks.

You know, I was just speaking with someone about this the other day. I have 2 /32's in IPv6. Im not sure if this is very common yet, but I'm more and more thinking We (birdhosting) should learn how we are going to deal with IPv6, and how we are going to be assigning. IPv6.

Very interesting that you've brought this up.

Do you think there is more of a need of IPv6, and start to utilize IPv6?

Thanks,
    Michael Wallace - michael@innoscale.net
    Innovative Scaling Technologies Inc. - A Cloud Service Provider
    24/7 Support, Call us @ 1-307-200-4880
    www.innoscale.net - Seattle, Silicon Valley, Dallas, Chicago, Washington D.C., and Europe

Quote Originally Posted by newcv View Post
    Any suggestions for affordable cloud hosting with ipv6? Linux only is ok. Need a few servers for a short period of time to perform some apps testing. Thanks.
    www.vps247.com offers IPv6. Verio as well, but those are the only two I know of that offer it to the public as of this time.

im really excited about what ipv6 will do to cloud hosting and many other things as we should have it on demand in the next year or so

I reckon that mass adoption of IPV6 is still at least 5 years away. It will be 2-3 years at least before cpe's used, are mostly all ipv6 capable.

IPv6 is a pain but it's around the corner like it or not. Anyway, it's going to be a lucrative job for developers now.

Yes it is. We just bought some hardware IPv6 edge routers. I can just imagine the conversations with customers. Yes, your IP is 3484:19F3:4295:fade:12FE:11ab:84be:ffda .... Was that a B or a C.... crap... :-D
    Michael Wallace - michael@innoscale.net
    Innovative Scaling Technologies Inc. - A Cloud Service Provider
    24/7 Support, Call us @ 1-307-200-4880
    www.innoscale.net - Seattle, Silicon Valley, Dallas, Chicago, Washington D.C., and Europe

That's where DNS really comes to play. Memorizing ipv6 addresses is nearly impossible.

We provide a /64 of IPv6 with every VM as standard on our VMs - www.bytemark.co.uk

We're seeing an increasing number of requests from all our customers for support while they test IPv6 which is very encouraging.

Quote Originally Posted by arisythila View Post
    Yes it is. We just bought some hardware IPv6 edge routers. I can just imagine the conversations with customers. Yes, your IP is 3484:19F3:4295:fade:12FE:11ab:84be:ffda .... Was that a B or a C.... crap... :-D
    Yes.. and just imagine the phone support with someone when you're asking them for their IPv6 IP to unblock them from the firewall.

Or all the other scenario's. I can see as providers, we'll be adjusting the way we do things to make these processes simpler. Yeah I won't lie, I am not looking forward to mass IPv6 adoption.

Softlayer offers IPv6 on their network, including the cloud servers.

thanks for sharing

How can you offer /64 of IPV6 if you get /64 from provider?

Quote Originally Posted by BytemarkDeals View Post
    We provide a /64 of IPv6 with every VM as standard on our VMs[/url]
    Same here, gotta love autoconfig on Linux and Windows...don't even have to assign them, IPv6 just _works_.
    Fast Serv Networks, LLC | AS29889 | DDOS Protected | Managed Cloud, Streaming, Dedicated Servers, Colo by-the-U
    Since 2003 - Ashburn VA + San Diego CA Datacenters

Quote Originally Posted by CloudWeb View Post
    Yes.. and just imagine the phone support with someone when you're asking them for their IPv6 IP to unblock them from the firewall.
    You raise a valid, and interesting point. This is probably going to make helpdesk calls 5 times longer, and ultimately drive-up cost of ownership, or bottom-line (depending on how you look @ it) of hosting companies in general.
    South African Web Hosting - http://www.SoftDux.co.za || SA WebHostingTalk - http://www.webhostingtalk.co.za

Quote Originally Posted by SoftDux View Post
    You raise a valid, and interesting point. This is probably going to make helpdesk calls 5 times longer, and ultimately drive-up cost of ownership, or bottom-line (depending on how you look @ it) of hosting companies in general.
    Probably a moot issue, with IPv6 is also coming a flood of faster broadband. Most if not all of the amateurs that now call help desks will have no need for remote hosting, the desktop and phone will provide all of the power they need. The need is pretty much gone now, the customers just don't know enough to realize it.

Great But ipv6 is not commonly be used now.

Voxel.net also provides full IPv6 for it's VoxCloud service (you would need to request IPv6 specifically as it is not deployed by default)

IPv6 will probably challenge quite a few junior/inexperienced network support personnel when they try and trace traffic and find there is no ARP with IPv6 and they have used stateless auto-configuration :-)

Indeed, once 'World IPv6 Day' comes around, people are going to become even more aware of it, and there will be more and more discussions surrounding it, which leads to more support for it as a means of providing a unique selling point.
    Perigee Global Corporation
    Design, Development and Hosting Solutions
    Dedicated Servers, CDN, Hosted E-Mail, Web Hosting, VPS & Cloud Servers
    1.212.400-7632 www.perigeeglobal.com

Fact is, apnic at least, have run out of their ip's they had allocated for general consumption, you now can't get any more than a /22 including new requirements from new players in the market.

What is going to probably happen is that more and more isps will be deploying 6 to 4 equipment, and allocating ipv6 to customers, dual stack for as long as possible, until all customers have dsl modems etc that are even capable of using ipv6. So what happens when customers are all on ipv6, ipv4 will still be around. Dual stack ipv4/ipv6 will be around for a loooong time.