High RAM VPS provider? (Cheap)

Hi,

Does anyone know a high RAM VPS provider for low budget? Looking for around 2GB RAM for hopefully under the $25 mark, the cheaper the better. Not sure if this is possible for the price, but any help would be appreciated if you know one!

Quote Originally Posted by Bonken View Post
    Hi,

Does anyone know a high RAM VPS provider for low budget? Looking for around 2GB RAM for hopefully under the $25 mark, the cheaper the better. Not sure if this is possible for the price, but any help would be appreciated if you know one!
    Hello,

What will be the use for the server?

You may want to check out VPSLatch.net also its for a game server like mine craft I do know 123systems.net offers some "high ram" plans which will may suit your needs so be sure to check those out.

Hi,

It's for running multiple java background processes. Each one takes up around 450MB. It'll also have VNC installed.

Thanks I'll check those out!

Do you need any specific location?
    LVPSHosting.com|Virtual Private Servers|Dedicated Servers|
    Managed Hosting Solution|24/7/365 Support
    Datacentar and servers location: Holland, Europe

Check offers section, you will find one that suits your needs.
    Time4VPS - flexible, worry-free, fast and affordable VPS hosting in Europe.

Location doesn't really matter, but US/EU would be prefered. Thanks Lithuania, I'm browsing through the offers section currently (have been a while) but haven't found one yet, gonna keep looking though!

Quote Originally Posted by Bonken View Post
    It's for running multiple java background processes. Each one takes up around 450MB. It'll also have VNC installed.
    Java and OpenVZ (the virtualization of choice for most budget providers) don't mix well. If you can, choose Xen or some other system instead to keep things simple. But if you must use OpenVZ, try to find a provider offering significantly more burst memory than you think you need (at least double, more would be good) and be prepared to limit the memory usage of each process through the command line.
    Chris

"Some problems are so complex that you have to be highly intelligent and well informed just to be undecided about them." - Laurence J. Peter

Thanks yeah I've been told to look for xen servers by the support staff actually, I forgot about reading that in the documentation until you just mentioned it, cheers.

There are quite a few OpenVZ offerings in that range, but it'll be hard to find a Xen VPS with 2GB RAM for that price.

IOFlood.com has a Xen VPS with 2GB for $30 I think. PRGMR.com has one for $36.
    Last edited by Squidix - SamBarrow; 03-19-2011 at 08:32 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Sam Barrow - CEO @ SQUIDIX (1-855-SQUIDIX)
    Ask Us About Sponsoring Your Web Site (High Traffic Sites Only)
    Squidix - Shared, Reseller, Semi-Dedicated, Managed VPS and Managed Dedicated Hosting
    Midwestern Web - Web Design & Development Services