* iPad 2 part shortage expected

Apple may have problems sourcing parts for its new iPad 2, analysts' research suggests.

Among the iPad parts threatened are its flash memory - used for audio and video storage - and its super-thin battery, which is produced exclusively by Apple Japan, according to a report by IHS iSuppli.

Full story here

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-12782566

Everything is being shut down in Japan at the moment, they are still trying to cool the reactor cores of the nuclear plant.

yeah, sony erriccson is also experiencing problems but I don't think anyone will be to bothered about it

The joys of a single supplier for proprietary parts.

Hmmpfh I dont get what all the fuzz is about...

Quote Originally Posted by Synticus View Post
    Hmmpfh I dont get what all the fuzz is about...
    I didn't to start off with, and I refuse to queue for an iPad 2, but they are startin to allure me in more and more.

I can just imagine using skype and broadcasting a live feed of double chin...

The camera on the back though, what is the point of that?

News of more problems with Japanese production...

Honda Makes 69,000 cars per month in Japan. It will keep all of its car factories closed on Monday.

Nissan Closed all four of its car assembly factories in Japan and will not restart them on Monday. What happens after that depends on securing a supply of parts as well as repairing facilities, the company said. Nissan made 81,851 cars in January in Japan, where it manufactures 22 per cent of its vehicles.

Panasonic Said that continuing earthquake aftershocks were preventing it from inspecting two electronics factories in northern Japan. A spokesman said the two locations likely lacked proper power and water supply.

Canon Said it was discussing whether it would be possible to restart production at three plants that were slightly damaged in the tremor.

Sony Corporation Suspended operations at eight factories in north-east Japan. One factory, which makes optical film, was flooded.

Sourced from the Telegraph

With Tokyo on the verge of being branded unhabitable, will this signal huge electronics shortages?

Apple may have problems sourcing parts for its new iPad 2, analysts' research suggests.
    normally it's done specifically to generate more sales, from previous experience the Apple done exactly the same way with iPhone 4, I do remember last year, it was impossible to purchase it, unless pre-order.
    Low Cost Storage VPS plans at webprovps.com
    VPS Price Match Guarantee on: All our range of DDOS protected XEN HVM VPS
    == Contact us for any online solution development or managed / unmanaged vps hosting ==

Hope to hear good news soon.