Does Twitter cache help in SERP?

These days I am using twitter for my one site promotion. My twitter profile has been cached one time but after that it is not caching again. I am twitting on regular basis. So want to know more caching will help or will move on other seo channel would be better idea?

Twitter will only help as Matt Cutts has said if you have a lot of tweeters with reputable reputations(lots of followers) and than they re-tweet your link multiple times to show its a news worthy article. I would love to set up a special doing this just dont have the means to do so.

Its not the amount of caches that you need to worry about. Its creating good content and having it retweeted. You want to have some sort of link bait out there so that it is retweeted by not only your followers, but also theirs.

Thanks for replies. One more question, should I use tiny URL or actual link to promote my site link? If I use tiny url then google will count my actual link.

For that you need some good and unique contents tweeted.

Twitter links are NoFollow so I dont think they would help you much in attaining higher SERPs. So I think if you use tinyurl or full URL then it doesn't make a difference. Mostly, the blog post URL is so big that it doesn't fit in 160 characters of twitter status so tinyurl come in handy for this purpose.
    Aniqa - Support Representative
    █ WooServers - Affordable, Fast & Reliable Servers
    █ 24/7/365 Premium Monitoring & Highly Qualified Staff!
    █ WooServers.com | cPanel Dedicated Server | European Dedicated Servers

according to robots.txt at twitter its noindex, how did you cached?

I don't personally believe that no-follow links are worthless. Clearly someone sharing your Tweet shows that they want people to see your post.

Over time, it's also important to point out that your Twitter profile itself gains significant PR. Mine is a PR 5 as an example, making it one of the most valuable links I have (the bio section)

Well, social networking pretty help in getting quality traffic but with regards to the ranking, social networking doesn't affect it.

Hi,

Do you mean create backlinks through Twitter for off-page SEO? I think it's not effective to establish backlink via Twitter but yes you can drive lots traffic using Twitter. If your site has huge visitors, the Alexa rank will be better but I'm not sure the effect for Google ranking.

cheers

Well thanks to all for helping me here.

Quote Originally Posted by nancysmith View Post
    Thanks for replies. One more question, should I use tiny URL or actual link to promote my site link? If I use tiny url then google will count my actual link.
    tiny urls help to increase traffic from twitter.

You can get traffic from twitter with simple social networking techniques by increasing your followers

Twitter activities will only helpful to increase the traffic. There will be no effect on PR by the activities on twitter. Twitter will be helpful for your product promotion, website promotion and branding with the help of tiny url.

Quote Originally Posted by bryanbell View Post
    Twitter activities will only helpful to increase the traffic. There will be no effect on PR by the activities on twitter. Twitter will be helpful for your product promotion, website promotion and branding with the help of tiny url.
    +1 - Twitter, Facebook etc. is no good for backlink's if that is what you were trying to get at.

i didn't heard this thing before. may be it would help because twitter is a very powerful social network.

I think that facebook cache doesn't help in SERPs ranking. It only help in getting targeted traffic towards your website.

Only more and more followers can help you to achieve your target. If you have more followers your tweets will be retweeted at greater volume and it will bring you traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by RyanMattew View Post
    according to robots.txt at twitter its noindex, how did you cached?
    Go through it. "This is Google's cache of http://twitter.com/Mjoseph83. It is a snapshot of the page as it appeared on 16 Mar 2011 07:55:26 GMT." and check.

nofollow can't help SERP

Quote Originally Posted by tinycoin View Post
    nofollow can't help SERP
    Wrong, Twitter is used by google in search results
    Jon Black