Server4You - Have not refund and cancelled my account

I have tried contacting server4you for past 1 week, sending them emails and so on. No replies from any of them after their emails of requesting my signature on a printed document to be sent to them for cancellation.

Reason i cancelled is because they only allow 4 IP despite mentioning that you can contact sales if you need more. Another thing was that they have mac filter on their network where they dont allow you to do virtualization such as virtualbox. They wont even make the effort to allow that specific mac address as they say its a policy and i respect that.

Therefore i decided to move out of server4you just after 2-3 days of usage. I paid additional services such as RDNS where you need to pay USD 7.50/mth for that service and USD4.50/mth per ip out of the 3 allocated ip given to you.

Wasted all the time despite my urgent setup and i thought a provider who is willing to spend effort advertising on google would spend effort in keeping their customers but i was wrong.

Till today, i have not receive their email reply about my refund. Best of all, they already removed my customer login account to their WHMCS. I am really lost now.

Im in the SAME boat right, Ive been emailing they told me it would take 8 business days, got their 60 dollar server, but only to realize ya no IP address's

i didn't even GET service, i canceled WITH written notice like they requested. and still haven't got a response... disappointed

Most providers can't give refund on dedicated server but if you didn't get the server you expected, that is a different story.
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

I don't expect any money back, its been too long now ive been patient and very professional about it,
    but they did say they would provide a money back

And like i mentioned, i didnt even get to login to the server.
    i canceled before it was deployed. emailed them notice of cancellation,
    they auto billed me. so i will wait and see how it turns out.

lets keep each other posted. I was informed by the support to make a written notice.

I gotten the USD2 they auto charge for fraud detection, but i didnt get my USD82.89 back for the servers and ip / rdns service that they charged me for.

I have been waiting patiently. Atleast some email reply would be good but there is none. And my account was cancelled without even a stupid email notice.

How great was that.

hi sorry to hijack your thread but can anyone confirm if you can use xen virtulisation on there dedi systems?

I just purchased a dedi and planned to get a couple of extra Ips to run a few vms on it will this be possible or not?

thanks
    Last edited by bongo2; 03-19-2011 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cripperz View Post
    I have tried contacting server4you for past 1 week, sending them emails and so on. No replies from any of them after their emails of requesting my signature on a printed document to be sent to them for cancellation.

Reason i cancelled is because they only allow 4 IP despite mentioning that you can contact sales if you need more. Another thing was that they have mac filter on their network where they dont allow you to do virtualization such as virtualbox. They wont even make the effort to allow that specific mac address as they say its a policy and i respect that.

Therefore i decided to move out of server4you just after 2-3 days of usage. I paid additional services such as RDNS where you need to pay USD 7.50/mth for that service and USD4.50/mth per ip out of the 3 allocated ip given to you.

Wasted all the time despite my urgent setup and i thought a provider who is willing to spend effort advertising on google would spend effort in keeping their customers but i was wrong.

Till today, i have not receive their email reply about my refund. Best of all, they already removed my customer login account to their WHMCS. I am really lost now.
    You can still run virtualization even if they limit MAC's.

Quote Originally Posted by bongo2 View Post
    hi sorry to hijack your thread but can anyone confirm if you can use xen virtulisation on there dedi systems?

I just purchased a dedi and planned to get a couple of extra Ips to run a few vms on it will this be possible or not?

thanks
    Yes.

I forget the name of term.. which is really bad of me.. but there is one you can use.
    simplywww: directadmin and cpanel hosting that will rock your socks
    Need some work done in a datacenter in the NYC area? NYC Remote Hands can do it.

Follow my "deals" Twitter for hardware specials.. @dougysdeals

thanks
    What is written here as well; for virtualization the VM's get their own MAC address. Server4you is using MAC filtering, so data requests from these virtual interfaces will never reach their destination.
    The only thing you can do with them is NAT-ing, which is often a no-go.

We have had the same issue as the original TS, we ordered the boxes and virtualizing was just not possible within normal use.
    Us was told to 'move' to one of their daughter companies; Plusserver or Serverloft, since they would support adding of MAC addresses to their filters. However these servers are at least twice as costly and so on not so interesting anymore.

You can use something called Routing. (But yeah; its not a good idea)

Thanks for your information. May i ask why nat routing is a bad idea?

So far there sales department seems to be incredibly slow at replying to anything however im keeping an open mind.

It's not a bad idea, but it takes time and you need to do it manually for every VM. I think I have a guide somewhere if someone is inetersted

Yes im very interested if you can post it please.

This is not a problem for me as im only looking to run 2 xen windows virtuals off my dedi with seperate Ips so it would not be a problem for me to manually do them.

Sure. Please PM me your email adress to send you the guide.

hmm dont think i can send Pms maybe due to my postcount.

E-mail is james7967 @ hotmail . com

No spaces obviously.

Thanks

Sent. Check your inbox

Thanks mate appretiate that ill give it a try when my server is ready.

It is quite true they are slow in their tikets, and now I seem to have problems with IP addresses as I have hope and 2 months and assigned me my additional IP addresses. But when you come to an agreement it will create credit notes because the server does not use itself.

But that implies that if these emergency you have to go to another supplier and paid the money that still remains unused.

Quote Originally Posted by netandino View Post
    It is quite true they are slow in their tikets, and now I seem to have problems with IP addresses as I have hope and 2 months and assigned me my additional IP addresses. But when you come to an agreement it will create credit notes because the server does not use itself.

But that implies that if these emergency you have to go to another supplier and paid the money that still remains unused.
    I'm not quite sure what you mean, because new IP's were for me always easy.
    You can do this in the panel yourself (my.server4you.de)?!

No reply in over 10 hours to my email now and no server setup within 24 hours as advertised.

Not a nice provider so far even for budget they should not take 10 hours to reply to a ticket.

It's Sunday and you are contacting sales department. I guess your server will be ready tomorrow.

Gota hold my hands up..... it was my mistake i e-mailed the wrong e-mail address yesterday. i just sent another e-mail and got a reply within 10 minutes explaining there was a technical problem and would be resolved within 24 hours.

Do clients really have to pay 7.50$ extra per month for RDNS? Is this for RNDS for all IP-addresses or 7.50$ per IP-address?

Quote Originally Posted by Henrik View Post
    Do clients really have to pay 7.50$ extra per month for RDNS? Is this for RNDS for all IP-addresses or 7.50$ per IP-address?
    Correct, it's one of their "premium" services

It is for all ip address which is maximum ip you can get is just 4 IP.

USD4.50 /mth for per ip (max 4 ips only)
    USD7.50 /mth for RDNS service for all ip you have

Quote Originally Posted by i<3DUO View Post
    Sent. Check your inbox
    Sir , could you send it for me too please , I have 15 from server4you and I would like to give it a try but the way I'm their reseller and I would be happy to provide servers for anyone interested ,

Thank you sir

I also then to suspend my account because of the cancellation request was not to recover money

Well, looks like i got my refund this morning from Server4You, being nice does pay off

Quote Originally Posted by i<3DUO View Post
    Sure. Please PM me your email adress to send you the guide.
    Me too, please.

i had absolutely no luck with the guide its not a nice guide lol, as many of them out there all just leave you in a dark hole.

Anyway, after 5 days of slogging ive done it. xen virtulised systems assigned seperate ips and accepting incoming connections via nat.

i can point you in the right direction to where i found the info if you pm me. Its easy once you know but took me 5 days of slogging to work it all out.

got my refund after escalating to Paypal . =P Thank god i used paypal mate. Coz there is no reply from server4you at all.

I got my refund from them too, it them a while to admit that they owe me money.

hi guys,

i had absolutely no luck with the guide its not a nice guide lol, as many of them out there all just leave you in a dark hole.

Anyway, after 5 days of slogging ive done it. xen virtulised systems assigned seperate ips and accepting incoming connections via nat.

i can point you in the right direction to where i found the info if you pm me. Its easy once you know but took me 5 days of slogging to work it all out.
    I also want to rent a linux root server at server4you.
    And I also want to set up a win 2K8 R2 vm. (Can i use virtual box or do i have to use xen virtulisation?).

So could you please send me your tutorial at my email adress:
    rhymin . simon @ gmx . de
    without the spaces!

That would be really nice.

greets

rhymin

Do you recommend Server4you ??

Quote Originally Posted by rhymin View Post
    hi guys,

I also want to rent a linux root server at server4you.
    And I also want to set up a win 2K8 R2 vm. (Can i use virtual box or do i have to use xen virtulisation?).

So could you please send me your tutorial at my email adress:
    rhymin . simon @ gmx . de
    without the spaces!

That would be really nice.

greets

rhymin
    Windows server 2008 costs 15$/m, but Server4yuou does not support virtualization, the company has a more expensive brand called Serverloft.
    Managed1.com - Affordable budget Fully Managed Hosting Services for individuals and business clients. Website Hosting. Domain Name management. High Availability Cloud servers - 99.9% Uptime, Self-Healing Failover, Load Balancing and Mirrored Backups.
    Whisperdale.net - Internet Service Provider since 2007!

Quote Originally Posted by DmitrijCSR View Post
    Windows server 2008 costs 15$/m, but Server4yuou does not support virtualization, the company has a more expensive brand called Serverloft.
    Meaning they don't support it in the setup process or that they do not allow it?

Meaning they don't support it in the setup process or that they do not allow it?
    Sadly, they use Mac filtering on their Server4you network.
    Managed1.com - Affordable budget Fully Managed Hosting Services for individuals and business clients. Website Hosting. Domain Name management. High Availability Cloud servers - 99.9% Uptime, Self-Healing Failover, Load Balancing and Mirrored Backups.
    Whisperdale.net - Internet Service Provider since 2007!

i have no problem running openvz in with them.. i dont know about running xen. as it does not work.

It is for all ip address which is maximum ip you can get is just 4 IP.

USD4.50 /mth for per ip (max 4 ips only)
    USD7.50 /mth for RDNS service for all ip you have
    its 1 USD for 1 Ip! i ordered for 1 USD

I totally do not see why they would want to charge for an IP and RDNS. Can't they just include that? Geez!

Then again till this day, I have never had anyone charge for RDNS before.
    Aaron Ong
    Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
    Servers in Central, East/West Coast USA, EUROPE and ASIA
    Welltodo Century
    - www.welltodocentury.com

Yeah thats the point. Do they only don't support it (with the mac filter) or won't they even allow it.
    If they won't allow it, than it's ok.
    But if they wont support it there are many ways to do it like nat and iptables you know.
    But i don't know how to configure this on ubuntu server....
    So I'm searching after an installation guide for linux.
    Wy should I pay for a win2k8 license ten bucks per month if i have an original win2k8 r2 version at home?
    So I want to run it in a vm you know.

greets
    rhymin