West Coast Location

HEllo,

I am looking for a stable provider on the west coast to host DNS servers. I require atleast 10-15 GB space, 512 MB memory, 1 IP Address.

I am looking for a provider that knows when to work to keep a customer up. Been @ Burstnet's LA location and after multiple down time this month, i decided it is no longer wroth.

My budget is up to $20/mo i can extend it to $25/mo if need be. I dont want to cheap out but i dont want to spend tons and tons of just a DNs server, i just need a provider that can be up and not make me worry.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMan View Post
    HEllo,

I am looking for a stable provider on the west coast to host DNS servers. I require atleast 10-15 GB space, 512 MB memory, 1 IP Address.

I am looking for a provider that knows when to work to keep a customer up. Been @ Burstnet's LA location and after multiple down time this month, i decided it is no longer wroth.

My budget is up to $20/mo i can extend it to $25/mo if need be. I dont want to cheap out but i dont want to spend tons and tons of just a DNs server, i just need a provider that can be up and not make me worry.

What downtimes?
    Our LA location has been pretty rock solid.
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!
    http://www.smarthost.net - sales@smarthost.net - Resale/Affiliate Programs
    Cloud Hosting - VPS Hosting - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Flux Capacitors

Quote Originally Posted by EvilMan View Post
    HEllo,

managed, unamaged?
    control panel?
    Last edited by net; 03-18-2011 at 10:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Up2vps View Post
    managed, unamaged?
    control panel?
    Unmanaged, No CP

256MB RAM VPS normally is sufficient for DNS Server
    Last edited by net; 03-18-2011 at 10:34 PM.

Thread clean a little bit.

Let's avoid the signature spam and help the OP.

Check out CleverKite.

We have their LA VPS to host our secondary DNS server.
    So far so good..didn't experienced any downtime recently.
    But this may on different node.

By the way any other preferred location you looking for?
    ControlVM.com :: Elastic Cloud Hosting Alternatives to VPS Reliable Cloud Server
    Enterprise Hosting @
    Malaysia ● Germany ● USA ● Singapore
    We Accept: Paypal
    Alipay GrabPay Credit/Debit Card FPX Bank Transfer Bank TT

For $20/month, I'd recommend Linode in Fremont. For less than $20/month, I'd recommend eNSCloud in Los Angeles and Lightwave.net in San Jose.

I might say go with knownhost if you want some more stability and no downtimes.

also a good sleep at night as well.

Go with Up2VPS, they offer vps plans perfect for backup or running a dns server.

LA/Seattle location based off Intel Core i7.

with your budget, it might make more sense to go with dnsmadeeasy.com instead of hosting your own distributed dns servers. The only downside is you can't really integrate dnsmadeeasy into cpanel or anything like that, but for hosting dns for your own domains it works well and is very reliable and inexpensive.
    IOFLOOD.com -- We Love Servers
    Phoenix, AZ Dedicated Servers in under an hour
    ★ Ryzen 9: 7950x3D ★ Dual E5-2680v4 Xeon ★
    Contact Us: sales@ioflood.com

Check out BuyVM - they provide a reliable service and have VPS in the west coast

I'll list a few, and my opinion on them. I've used all these providers excluding CleverKite.

BuyVM - Not the best performance, but it works.

BurstNET (LA) - I've tried a vps and the latency was horrible, I was getting 100ms or greater when I'm in LA probably a few miles from the DC the ping should be under 20ms in normal conditions for me.

QuickWeb (LA WEBNX, Phoenix NAP) - Absolutely amazing, I HIGHLY recommend QuickWeb no matter the location you will be satisfied.

PhotonVPS - Decent.

CleverKite - Haven't used them, But I've heard good things. They have a vps with cpanel for 20 month.(cPanel is added on for 10 dollars)

All of these providers meet your requirements in price, I could list more but that wouldn't fit your budget.

Quote Originally Posted by Aarin1993 View Post
    BurstNET (LA) - I've tried a vps and the latency was horrible, I was getting 100ms or greater when I'm in LA probably a few miles from the DC the ping should be under 20ms in normal conditions for me.
    Was this when the location first opened?
    We made alot of routing changes since then...and latency is where it should be currently.

If it is more recent, have/did you contact our support dept with the traceroute showing this? If you had, we would have corrected the issue.

A bad route can happen anywhere, from any provider. It is not as reason to leave, but rather to contact the provider and get adjustments made.

We have thousands of VPS clients already in Los Angeles, after only a few months, and you would see alot of complaints around here if our routing was as you claim. You don't, because it is not...
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!
    http://www.smarthost.net - sales@smarthost.net - Resale/Affiliate Programs
    Cloud Hosting - VPS Hosting - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Flux Capacitors

Cleverkite, Quickweb, Photonvps, you cant go wrong with these decent providers

Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET View Post
    Was this when the location first opened?
    We made alot of routing changes since then...and latency is where it should be currently.
    Yes, This was when your first opened the LA location. I'm sure the latency issue is fixed by now, I was just sharing my experience.