Talking UK: Red-nose day, What are you doing to support it?

Good evening Ladies and Gents,

Please, if this needs moving; I apologise for the inconvenience. I believe this maybe a more popular thread in this section of the forum.

Every year in the UK, we have Red-Nose day. A national day to help raise money for helping poor and vulnerable people across the UK and Africa.

I am a huge supporter of Red-Nose day. In fact, for the last week; I agreed to donate 40p of every Ł we earn. Believe it or not, all Costs are still met and wages are still paid and we have just over Ł1,200 to donate.

So, what are you doing for Red-Nose day and if you are willing; how much will you donate?

I look forward to your comments.
    Garbott Ltd - Professional web development & consultancy services
    Oxford.Hosting - Prestigious shared, cloud, dedicated and gaming hosting solutions.

I believe this should probably go in the web hosting lounge, but I've never heard of red nose day. Can you provide some details regarding the details of this holiday (how it originated, why its called red nosed day..ect)?
    Need Web Hosting? Click Here to Learn Why You Should Switch To FernGullyGraphics
    FernGullyGraphics --- 426 14th St. Suite #115 --- Modesto, California --- 95354

Need Business Cards? Click Here

:O I point you to this website sir: http://www.rednoseday.com/

Its called "Red Nose day" as through out the UK, Little red noses go on sale as a form of generating money for the event. I'm not talking a few Ł100,000 to be donated, I'm talking near Ł80 Million (That was last years amount).

As it stands 21:45 (GMT), the total donated is Ł26 Million, so quite a way to go, but this goes on all night and tomorrow morning. You can look at previous events here; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comic_Relief

Red noses are mass produced with money donated by Corporate Companies such as Supermarkets who then sell them in their stores in aid the event. Then, all the cash generated from selling the red noses is donated to the cause.

I hope this has helped.
    Oxford.Hosting - Prestigious shared, cloud, dedicated and gaming hosting solutions.

Agreed with Fernando!

Not much I can do really, I mean I am in Australia we have our own Red-Nose Day. I'd rather support it in my own country on this occasion.

Not saying I am not supportive of it, but I'd rather help support it in Australia first.
    l Dedigeeks (Twitter) • Shared • Reseller • Cloud VPS • Since 2010
    l Leading AU Hosting Provider • Multiple locations - around the globe!
    l cPanel/WHM • R1Soft Backups • 24/7/365 Support • 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    l www.yourcompanynamehere.com • Customer Service Rep. • Superior Service Guarantee

When I was a kid I used to put together bake sales and things like that in my village. Perhaps I should do something great next time I'm around. Putting a few quid in a collection tin doesn't feel like enough.

Donated some money to Chris Moyles & Comedy Dave's rather epic adventure.

Linkage for those not in the know:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2011...o-comic-relief
    l 201TB.com • 201TB bandwidth as standard in three USA DC’s. KVMoIP, auto reboot & OS install all included - Now available in the Netherlands!
    l udedi.com • UK, USA & NL unmetered 100mb & 1GB 100TB premium bandwidth servers
    l Assiva Ltd • UK Shared & Reseller LiteSpeed • 10 years of hosting • R1Soft

Done, I have donated all of the money we set aside, I held off donating till we got a little more, managed to add another Ł250 tonight

Total donated: Ł1,458.86

My and my team are going out for a quick drink to celebrate at 00:34 (GMT)

Total raised this year by Comic Relief: Ł74m

Missed it on TV though, going to have to try and catch the inbetweeners on reply