Backup MX servers?

I have a client whose email is more important than website.

They have their own mail server on site.

Can anyone suggest backup MX servers?

I have looked at mxsave.com and dyndns.com who seem reasonable on price.

Any thoughts on these or others?

DNSMadeEasy offers this service as well.

Aside from backup mx, you may want to look into using an external email service itself as well. Google Apps is one option.

Quote Originally Posted by layer0 View Post
    DNSMadeEasy offers this service as well.

Aside from backup mx, you may want to look into using an external email service itself as well. Google Apps is one option.
    Thanks.

I would love for them to use Google Apps (which would deal with the spam and virus) but we're stuck with an Exchange server for a while.

Actually, I'd like to use an offsite spam filter like http://www.dyndns.com/services/sendlabs/relay.html as 80% of the mail traffic is spam.

Exchange 2007 and above is IMHO the best antispam capable on premises server. But I always use an incoming gateway server to ensure availability and to prevent the very obvious spam from reaching the network. SmarterMail seems decent enough for this task.

Well, if their Email is more important than their website, they should really look into outsourcing their email to Reputable Email Host with a rock solid SLA.

Outsourcing Email would be beneficial, not only in terms of security and uptime, but the addition of other features such as: backup & recovery, archiving, mobile apps, SLA, spam, etc.

Now, if its truely important that email stays inhouse, then your clients need to also look into hiring/contracting a dedicated/part time email server admin. I'm sure the cost could be justified knowing their email is more important than their website.

Thanks. I agree about offsite/outsourcing etc. but I'm talking about a small non-profit who does not have the resource to throw out a working server at the moment.

So I am trying to improve their current situation for now (no backup MX and loads of spam swamping their bandwidth).

Just my 2 cents: The only similar service I've used is the Antispam service from Trend Micro bundled with Worry-Free Advanced. Quite decent hits and acts as a Backup MX too.