Unhappy Serverbing made me feel scared!

Hi,
    I bought a share web hosting at Serverbing in January 31st, 2011. It costs $20. Features include UNLIMITED disk space and bandwidth, and everything else.

Today, this morning, I got a message from them, your account is being suspended due to overload.

Then, I tried to access to the WHMCS client area to open a support ticket. I found out my email address registered with the client area doesn't exist at all.

It seems like they deleted my account, and client area account. My forum's database, files are all gone!!!

What should I do????

This is a pretty common thing to run into with the 'Unlimited' hosts. If you read their ToS, I'm sure there is a clause in there that says we'll terminate your account if you are using too much.

The fact that they didn't even provide you with your files seems a little shady.

*I tried looking into this for you, but their site doesn't properly load for me.

You're better off paying for what you need to a provider that will provide that, rather than an unlimited host that'll cut you off whenever they feel like it.

+1.876424644
    There is the phone number listed on the WhoIs. The country code is for US/Canada, but the address seems to be in Ireland.

I hope you had your own backups, something that you should always do.
    Sajan Parikh - PHP Development | Server Management | Linux Administration | Web Consulting
    Feel free to get in touch with me if I can be of assistance with anything.
    e: sajan@parikh.io | w: sajan.io
    Give me a call at (262) 343-5973.

Re:::

Thanks! I have a 5 days ago backup! That still sucks because I have about 20 new registered users in these 5 days.

You are right, not buying unlimited! But the thing is that it is a registered company.

Registered or not, established or not. A company can still have terrible service.

What were your disk and bandwidth usage? How many members did you have online at the same time? on average? on peak? throughout the day?

There's a good chance you may need to move onto a more powerful environment for your site. Shared environments aren't really great at handling busy, CPU intensive scripts.
    Sajan Parikh - PHP Development | Server Management | Linux Administration | Web Consulting

Disk space usage is about 700 MB. bandwidth...not sure! but should be several hundred MB

We have 74 registered users. The most users and guests online was 20. Daily active users were 14.

Quote Originally Posted by HinsmartHostingServe View Post
    Disk space usage is about 700 MB. bandwidth...not sure! but should be several hundred MB

We have 74 registered users. The most users and guests online was 20. Daily active users were 14.
    Wow. That's definitely not something a host should kick off for. Especially if their claim is 'high load.'

Was there anything else on the site, or just the forums? What forum software were you using? Any intensive mods?

Mybb forum open source! We have about 26 plugins. Everyday, server goes down for from about 5 minutes to 19 mins.

Nothing else on my site.

Quote Originally Posted by HinsmartHostingServe View Post
    Mybb forum open source! We have about 26 plugins. Everyday, server goes down for from about 5 minutes to 19 mins.

Nothing else on my site.
    While I've never actually used MyBB. I can't imagine having that amount of users would cause anything to break.

I hate to say it, but it seems you've lost out.

Which companies do you host?
    #My Blog is on hostgator shared baby plan.
    5K visitor per day.
    #Disable awstats, webalizer for saving CPU usage.

Quote Originally Posted by adulu View Post
    Which companies do you host?
    The OP is hosting with Serverbing as stated in the title.

Quote Originally Posted by Noppix View Post
    The OP is hosting with Serverbing as stated in the title.
    oops

----------
    The unlimited hosting plan is too cheap for $20 annually
    #My Blog is on hostgator shared baby plan.
    5K visitor per day.
    #Disable awstats, webalizer for saving CPU usage.

Their database issues make me feel scared already, I am not bashing them but the content looks a little out of place

http://www.serverbing.com/whmcs/
    http://www.screen-shot.net/ss/2268426916447082687.png
    l Dedigeeks Shared Wordpress Dedicated Established 2006
    l Leading AUSTRALIAN Hosting Provider Sydney & Melbourne Datacentres
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support SMS Hosting Alerts*
    l www.dedigeeks.com Managing Director Service Superstars

Quote Originally Posted by adulu View Post

----------
    The unlimited hosting plan is too cheap for $20 annually
    Annually? If that's the case all your really paying for is to keep it ad free
    www.websitemagick.com "Add a little Magick to your Website"
    IwebNews.net

I've never heard of this company however a couple of things stand out to me..

- Bad Grammer on the site
    - Most of the images on their site are pixilated and of poor quality.

Aside from that, the obvious, they are claiming to offer unlimited diskspace (which in my opinion is almost certainly a sign of bad things to come).

At least you have a back-up, otherwise you would pretty much be out of luck. Have you already started looking for a new web host?
    Looking for an awesome VPS Offer? CLICK HERE

"Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do." – Bruce Lee

Noppix are you bad mouthing unlimited hosting companies ? Say it ain't so, after ya chewed me out for that very thing. Just a few short hours hence, lol ? Just kidding round, had to raze you over it though.

Although I am but a lowly WHT addict, agree with the other folks. Not 100% sure what you can do at this point. Would still keep bugging them if they've got the latest backup of your sites files. Hmmmm, maybe find out who's hosting them and complain of fraud. whois the domain and see what comes up.

$20/mnth and they kick you for that amount of usage ? Ouch ... that's crazy imo. This whole sitiation, makes me feel scared too. Could find zero mention of them in any of the places I do basic checkups on hosting companies.

Site says they are out of Ireland of all places. No mention of what year. Could google for ireland business check. If they are actually licensed somehow out of there. See if you can file a complaint or summin. Noticed the same thing FernG did. Thought even with the fuzzy images and stuff site looked decent, shrugs. But seemed to be plenty of other warning signs. Big one would be that UNLIMITED plastered everywhere on it.

Too much stuff ... for too little price. etc.

Sorry you got burned. Hopefully it's only $20 bucks, if you can get 2mnths worth of your sites files back anyway. Seems like web hosting is definitely buyer beware. Why Im taking such pains in approaching it. Summin like $20 bucks wouldn't be that big a deal. Although revenge would be swift and certain one way or another ... out of general principle. Times like this, blackhat things start running through my head. But that's something you'd have to sort out for yaself.

A client I referred to them screaming you idiot !!! I paid this and that and my friggin website is nowhere to be found !?!?!? I wan't all my money back as per your guarantees. Now that would hurt on many levels. Sighs.

Not that it helps to say. Not that it helps now regardless. Butcha didn't do your homework ahead of time OP. Still sorry to see someone get swindled.
    Last edited by checkingthisout; 03-18-2011 at 06:52 AM.

Hmmm ... didn't read through things well enough. $20 yr ? Plus have recent backups ? Scratch what I said from da above if that's the case. Yikes. Was too busy jumping down to razz Nop, lol. Oh well this sounds like a live/learn type deal. What could someone poss expect for $20/yr ?