Hosting in Costa-Rica

As it's quite difficult to find a serious and reliable hosting in this country, i think a good approach is to follow long players in this domain with a good reputation which need extreme good quality of service. I'm thinking of players like sport betting web sites, for examples 5dimes, bodog, betcris and so on...

Do you know some hosting services they use ?
    Is it possible to know some of them and how ?

Thanks

Bodog is hosted in Canada on the native reserves in Quebec. by http://www.continent8.com

Thanks for the information, i didn't know it were Continent8.
    Unhappily, we can't see their offers.

whatever, i checked one time bodog server and saw they were located in Canada but as far as i know, bodog is established in costa-rica, so i though i must have made a mistake regarding Canada as this country prohibit online sport book.

where am i wrong ?

Indian reservates are not under Canadian jurisditction, even though they are inside of Canada.

There are several online gambling operators licensed and hosted in Kahnawake (Mohawk Territory), Canada.

http://www.gamingcommission.ca/interactiveURL.asp

The companies holding these license in turn often have rather complex structures with separate ownership across various jurisdictions.

Continent 8 is a rock-solid host.

As for hosting in Costa Rica, I've come across a few. If you search the offers forum here or even check Google, you should come across them. Finding reviews of them is however quite difficult.

From what I can tell, 5Dime and Betcris host at least their main websites with American Data Network and Instituto Costarricense de Electricidad.

Interesting, Thanks, Continent 8 Kahnawake based is a solution but a very regulated one as to obtain the licence, it seems to be a complex path of verifications and i presume quite pricey... so seems cool for a mature business but less to start a new one.

So i heard 5Dimes were hosted by ICE but i don't find any concrete useful web page information regarding ICE and their offer, that's quite disturbing and discouraging.

Does anyone has some informations on what they propose ?

Do they propose dedicated servers ? or do we have to bring our own servers in their datacenter ? or can we have our own physical datacenter in san Jose and ICE just provide the internet connection ?

Do they have added value in terms of security like DDOS protection ?

Just questions examples on information it seems so hard to obtain

I searched quite some time hosting services there and for the time being, my preference order is :
    1. Abdicar
    2. EasySpeedy
    3. Rack Lodge
    4. ServerPronto

I'm sure that on the first stage you need to find out more about web hosts there. That could be there is no web hosting company at all there.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Madiou View Post
    I'm sure that on the first stage you need to find out more about web hosts there.
    Yes, first, and that's why i came here to open a new thread.
    Second is that's also the precise object of my questions, do you have any answer ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Madiou View Post
    That could be there is no web hosting company at all there.
    You mean any serious one ? as serious or not, theyy are plenty of them and i named a few.

Angry Avoid Abdicar hosting

I know this thread is a little old, but I did want to warn people away from Abdicar hosting.

I had a dedicated server with Abdicar.com. They flagged me as a spammer (possibly hacked) and immediately wiped my machine.

No chance of recovery of my email history or other important information.

the summary: DO NOT HOST HERE - if you're ever hacked (or if they think you are) all your data is immediately deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris_oon View Post
    I had a dedicated server with Abdicar.com. They flagged me as a spammer (possibly hacked) and immediately wiped my machine.
    That's not entirely unusual for hosts to do when unmanaged servers get hacked and start sending out spam emails.

Unfortunately, if you are hacked, they cannot really give you the data back since if that data is contaminated with a virus they could in turn be seen as spreading viruses. Try to reason with them about this though.

the summary: DO NOT HOST HERE - if you're ever hacked (or if they think you are) all your data is immediately deleted.
    The lesson should be to secure your server so that you do not get hacked.

This is a very delicate situation and I'm not sure if I would put all the blame on the host. They have their own interests to protect. Always keep an off-site back-up, including emails.

I hope it works for the best.

Abdicar isn't even in Costa Rica.
    AS30058 FDCSERVERS AS

Quote Originally Posted by n!ghtmare View Post
    Abdicar isn't even in Costa Rica.
    AS30058 FDCSERVERS AS
    They offer hosting both in the US and in Costa Rica.

Quote Originally Posted by pilsentico View Post
    You mentioned it for its Datacenter center offering ? http://www.cyberfuel.com/data-center

That's the thing which may be interesting depending of price.
    I would be interested by this kind of offering and different competitors if you know some.

For dedicated server, maybe this one could be of some interest http://www.webhostcr.com/web-hosting-dedicado.html
    Last edited by kynao; 09-27-2011 at 03:04 PM.

CR Servers is an example of alternative to cyberfuel for datacenter http://www.crservers.com/colocation.html
    and also Racklodge http://www.racklodge.com/colocation.html
    Last edited by kynao; 09-27-2011 at 03:31 PM.

Talking

I know this thread is a little old, but I did want to warn people away from Abdicar hosting.

We usually check the logs before terminate a machine. We do it according to our policies.

http://abdicar.com/company-policies/
    We have zero tolerance w/ SPAM.

But in any case, if you send us an email, or if you open a ticket in the Customer Portal ( https://abdicar.com/cp ), and if we found any mistake we will setup a server for free, and give you a month free.

Thank you!

BTW, we are in Costa Rica <<snipped>>

Happy New Year!
    Last edited by bear; 12-31-2011 at 09:40 AM.

Are you just searching 3 month unreplied threads for fun?
    I wish all my traffic went through AS174.