how to get traffice at your site

Hi,
    Last month I created a blog but still i could not get any traffic.
      0 Not allowed!

SEO, link building, directory submission, creating a signature on a forum like this one, word of mouth, quality articles.

You won't receive steady traffic right away, it will take time and a lot of work. I bet thousands of people started a blog last month...
    TheHostGenie.com
    cPanel | Softaculous | R1Soft | Ksplice
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | VPS | Dedicated
    [email protected]
      0 Not allowed!

Exchange links with other blogs, submit it to search engines, put things that people may want to read, make them come back with good contents, submit articles with your signature (and URL) on it, etc, etc, etc.

Search "how to get traffic to your site" on google.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore
      0 Not allowed!

i found a good seo it's called attracta.com you should use them to see how your site ranks and so forth. it's free thats what i use.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by arif1 View Post
    Hi,
    Depending on what your blog is about, it might be good to create a Facebook for it and cross link the sites. Other than that, of course cover the basics and make sure your site is optimized to the best of its abilities.
    Need Web Hosting? Click Here to Learn Why You Should Switch To FernGullyGraphics
    FernGullyGraphics --- 426 14th St. Suite #115 --- Modesto, California --- 95354

Need Business Cards? Click Here
      0 Not allowed!

Not a mod, but this belongs in the SEMetc. section of da forums dood, lol. Though would avoid those. The SEM/SEO section of this forum is some of the worst I've seen. I canna even stand going in that section. So many clueless people. Discussing things they obviously know next to nothing about.

SEM/SEO,( online marketing in general )... are things I actually know a bit about. The internet is not a build it and they will come proposition. You've got your work cut out for ya, many sleepless nights. Digging through mountains of information. Then field testing and tracking the effects.

A LOT goes into that. With 4 gazillion different approaches to getting results and 19 gazillion sites online. SEM/SEO and online promoting, is wayyyyy more complicated than getting a handle on web hosting AND that is really sayin something it seems. Here's whatcha do. Begin your quest on the search engines. Including forums specifically dedicated to the subject. ... Read until your eye's bleed.

Shut down computer after 20hrs straight of intensive research into the topic, go to bed. Get up the next day and repeat the process for the next several months. Provided you've got the touch to begin with. About then you'll be getting the hang of it.

Easy enough ... right ? LOL.

Last edited by checkingthisout; 03-17-2011 at 06:24 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

the best and free way i kept doing to get traffic is posting youtube videos and putting the link of my site in the description of the video.
      0 Not allowed!

PS, not trying to be overly harsh. But questions like this, I've seen sooooooooo many times. Never fail to annoy me, lol. There's no easy button to building up a website. It's ridiculous to expect anyone to give you a summary or step by step to accomplish it.

No shortage of great informational resources online on the topic for free. But any webmaster who isn't willing to either A. Hire people to handle it. Or B. Do their own homework into the subject. Are never going to make headway with building up a website regardless. No easy button, or 10min solution exists with this. Buckle your seatbelt and begin a long and tedious trip down the information super highway OP.

Done competently at the end of that trip. You will then come to a sun filled pasture covered with wild flowers, lol. Where you can begin to enjoy the fruits of your labor.

gd luck and so forth.
    Last edited by checkingthisout; 03-17-2011 at 06:37 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Done really competently, there will be hot naked serving girls. Running around with endless pitchers of adult beverages in your sun filled pasture, lol.

0 Not allowed!

use social networks to drive traffic. social networks are powerful and very helpful to drive much traffic.
      0 Not allowed!

you should promote your blog in a following way:
    Link building
    Forum posting
    Directory submission
    url submission in search engine
    article submission
    blog commenting
    yahoo answer
      0 Not allowed!

Hi,

Your blog is very new and will take to generate traffic, try to post atleast three unique articles will give you good result in coming month. I think current you blog need content and not promotion. So after some time you can start using SEO techniques to promote your blog.
    VPS Hosting | Premium Web Hosting Service In India
    -----------------------------------
    India's Fastest Growing Premium Web Hosting and Domain Registration Service Provider
      0 Not allowed!

Don't rush too quickly, the first few months you need pay your attention to contents building, after you get enough contents, traffic will pursue your website.
      0 Not allowed!

For you to get more traffic, do more SEO techniques such as link building campaign like bookmarking, directories or article submission. You should create quality site content to attract visitors to view your site. In that way, you can improve your backlinks and traffic.
      0 Not allowed!

Hi,
    SEO is the process of time. Only one month old blog will not get huge traffic.

Well you can do following for increasing traffic -

1. social book marking
    2. hubpages and squidoo lenses
    3. Comments on good news sites
    4. Twitter, social media sites.
      0 Not allowed!

I have seen there are many places that optimize your web site and you have good page ranking - it will generate traffic to your web site.
      0 Not allowed!

Hire a professional person and have onpage seo & high PR link building.
      0 Not allowed!

Hi,
    Try to update posts with unique and informative content regularly. Update every post on twitter, facebook and linkedin. Try to grab some relevant and quality links.
      0 Not allowed!

Have an attractive profile. Interesting, frequently updated content should be added. Upload more pictures! Avoid annoying songs that play automatically and scripts that take forever to load.
      0 Not allowed!

There are many ways to get traffic on website or blog..
    1. Search Engine Marketing
    2. Social Media Optimization
    3. Digital Marketing
    4. E-mail Marketing
      0 Not allowed!

to get trafic and visitors creat a fun page on facebook + twitter + digg and you have a lot visitors
      0 Not allowed!

Thumbs up

Hi,
    Select right software
    Title tags
    Write creative content
    Use attractive designs
    Try to use images
    Optimize your blog
    Run without ads
      0 Not allowed!

Just my two cents.
    Get a really niche blog, or at least change your blog that suited to your domain and sitewide structure to become unique and niche and bot-friendly.

Make Ur content as unique as possible.
    No copy and paste should be done.

Keep posting REGULARLY at your robot.txt and info on meta tag.

Submit to as many search engine and directory as possible.

Keep going to forums and share thoughts on mailing list.
    Put newsletter script on your blog, so user will get notified on any new posts.

Use twitter. Use facebook.
    So many things to be done.
    Do your research.
      0 Not allowed!