* BurstNet 4 Month Review.

So I must share my feelings about Burst.Net now being 4 months with them and on and off for many years including their VPS product.

I have a server right now that costs me Amount Due: $289.90 USD a Month.

Wow I must be running some crazy hardware eh? 8gigs extra of ram costs me alone $100 per month for my Large Minecraft server.

Core i7 860 a pretty cheap CPU...

Anyways let me put it this way. I been getting deals and offers from many months ago when I applied to many companies looking for a server. I found Burst.Net and I thought lets do it and it was more of a emergency too because the previews company was having major issues. Almost the same specs but cost me $80 a month and so go figure..

I have experienced nothing but bad customer service that ends up sometimes being 2-3 days before they reply. Now tech support is not as bad but sales and inquires can take days and I mean days.

I tried to make a deal with them having this server now for 4 months means I have put out $400 Just in 8 gigs ram costs...

They sent me this nice little letter that they would not be able to do that they pay something about costs and alala...

Funny because the company that rents space in their Datacenter offered me a server at $50 same specs.

Best part I have had a server with them for $70 same specs for 7-8 months now and the service and speed is the same.. If I ping one server to another server it's about 0.02ms I think or something really low.

Anything I'm sorry if my review sounds like a rage more then a review I am tired of people taking advantage of me.

Oh and their network is bad for some reason about 20% of our Minecraft players get a we call it a netsplit but a router goes down for about 10-30 seconds every few hours and causes about 20% to drop out including me.

Anyways I don't recommend Burst.net anymore their prices are climbing their hardware is getting old and they are not providing good customer support anymore.

Only thing that might be worth it is their VPS systems. They seam to be pretty good when I used them last.

This is for my server 196090.

Thanks

they are budget providers, thats why support is pretty slow

Your server contains a 1Gbps port upgrade, 16GB RAM, & DirectAdmin....besides the powerful i7 server itself.
    Yes, the extra RAM is a good chunk, as we had to use much larger DIMMs to get up to that high capacity at the time ordered, which were quite expensive.
    The price you are paying is more than reasonable.

And it is NOT possible/true our prices are climbing...we have not raised them recently (and only ever once in 20 years of business have we raised prices, due to a vendor doing the same to us, 7-8 years ago).

$50/month on the same server is NOT sustainable long term.

How are we taking advantage of you?
    Did we force you to order the server?
    We don't hide prices either...they are plainly listed on our website.

This is one of the few times I have ever heard we are too expensive... ...usually people this we are too inexpensive and wondering why!

i7 CPUs are not that "old" either...
    If you think we should charge $50/month for similar specs AND only want "new hardware" (swapped out before provider even met their hardware ROI, not even considering operating expenses)...which is basically what you are saying in this thread---well, what you are really asking for is a provider that will loose money and potentially go out of business at any time.

Sorry, but $50/month with constant newest hardware, is NOT sustainable long term.

Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET View Post
    Your server contains a 1Gbps port upgrade, 16GB RAM, & DirectAdmin....besides the powerful i7 server itself.
    Yes, the extra RAM is a good chunk, as we had to use much larger DIMMs to get up to that high capacity at the time ordered, which were quite expensive.
    The price you are paying is more than reasonable.

And it is NOT possible/true our prices are climbing...we have not raised them recently (and only ever once in 20 years of business have we raised prices, due to a vendor doing the same to us, 7-8 years ago).

How are we taking advantage of you?
    Did we force you to order the server?
    We don't hide prices either...they are plainly listed on our website.

This is one of the few times I have ever heard we are too expensive... ...usually people this we are too inexpensive and wondering why!
    TBH, I really think it's just the ram that really pisses me off. You are right though DA, 1Gps port are a pretty sweet deal. The $150 for the full box with 8 gigs of ram is not that bad. But I really really am hating the Ram fee and when I even tried to get the price on just the ram costs lowered I got the run around like it be the end of the world for your company.

Your support is sometimes amazing and fast. Other times it's like knock knock anyone home?

I have always gone towards budget servers and I know in fact a half dozen people at least use you in the last couple of months because of my Minecraft server. I get emails and private messages almost daily who is my hosting company and why I choose them.

I tell them your offer great ddos protection and that was mainly the reason you sold me.

But the damn ram prices are just making me cry. Yeah the low price over killed server company beside you? Or should I say inside ya? I don't know how that works... We have had the $70 well it was I think $80 when we first started lowered down to $60 now and we have ordered one of these crazy machines they had on sale for 16$ gigs of ram.

Yes it's stupid crazy. But they offer pretty much everything you offer and they been a bit more hands on with me. I know it sounds crazy but I'm just saying damn same building I paid $80 for 8 gigs of ram to be added ONETIME fee. And with you I'm paying $100 per month for that 8 gigs of ram.

Also I been busy but you need to monitor what router/switch that keeps farting every 3-4 hours and causing 30 seconds or so interruptions.

Anyways I just paid my $290 bill. But I think this might be me last month with you guys. I'm sorry but I need to feed myself too and maybe I'm not cut out for a mid expensive company.

Thanks for your time.

EDIT: Will have to make the payment tomorrow. Paypal some really bad reason unlinked my CC that expires in less then a month. I guess they don't understand how some companies don't send them out right away.
    Last edited by refreshed; 03-17-2011 at 05:17 AM.

So are you saying your customer has an unsustainable business model? Wouldn't that be cause for concern?

well, what you are really asking for is a provider that will loose money and potentially go out of business at any time.
    It's what minecraft customers are looking for. Since most can only afford to pay for a server for 1-2 months before cancelling it anyway, why bother with a host who will be in business longer than that?
    Phoenix Dedicated Servers -- IOFLOOD.com
    Email: sales [at] ioflood.com
    Backup Storage VPS -- 1TBVPS.com

why dont you order
    2x Core2Quad Q9300 QUAD CORE 2.5GHZ 1333FSB 8GB
    for $100 each / month

then split the load.
    2x c2q 9300 would have better cpu power than 1x i7

would be cheaper than your current bill.
    Jon Fatino
    WireSix - Great Network - Great Servers. Great Deals.
    WireSix - Atlanta - Dallas - Phoenix - Clifton - LA

Quote Originally Posted by wazzgod View Post
    why dont you order
    2x Core2Quad Q9300 QUAD CORE 2.5GHZ 1333FSB 8GB
    for $100 each / month

then split the load.
    2x c2q 9300 would have better cpu power than 1x i7

would be cheaper than your current bill.
    Only if Minecraft would work that way

Quote Originally Posted by funkywizard View Post
    It's what minecraft customers are looking for. Since most can only afford to pay for a server for 1-2 months before cancelling it anyway, why bother with a host who will be in business longer than that?
    I'm hoping that was meant to be sarcastic