Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    58

    what happened to jboost.com?

    Do you guys know the jboost.com? They have been a reseller of BurstNet but it seems BurstNet took back all servers. Now jboost.com goes offline also. Any news?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4,487
    The domain has actually expired yesterday. Hopefully you made backups because it seems jboost has up and run. And if not, I would move anyways since the domain is your business and letting it expire without alerting any clients is never a good sign.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Nevada, US
    Posts
    5,433
    Domain does not look expired to me...just down:

    Domain Name: JBOOST.COM
    Registrar: ENOM, INC.
    Whois Server: whois.enom.com
    Updated Date: 16-mar-2011
    Creation Date: 15-mar-2010
    Expiration Date: 15-mar-2012

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Nevada, US
    Posts
    5,433
    jboost did not just up and run away.
    They contacted us recently and requested us to take over their client base directly, due to personal reasons (very valid/unfortunate reasons we are aware of, but cannot share publicly) needed to honorably exit the business.
    Their account is fully in good standing with us, even at this moment.

    We are in the process of transferring the client base direct to us, and client will be contacted/informed about this shortly.
    This should not be a service effecting issue to anyone, just a billing change really (clients' billing rates will be retained as is, as long as they are found to be atleast our resale rate or higher), unless we find them running something unusual to our offerings.
    .
    .

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4,487
    Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET View Post
    Domain does not look expired to me...just down:

    Domain Name: JBOOST.COM
    Registrar: ENOM, INC.
    Whois Server: whois.enom.com
    Updated Date: 16-mar-2011
    Creation Date: 15-mar-2010
    Expiration Date: 15-mar-2012
    Oops... The whois system I use showed 11 twice.

    I am surprised clients have not been alerted of the take over yet though, even with emergency's you should still be able to reach your clients or have someone able to do it for you. Would have avoided a thread like this.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Nevada, US
    Posts
    5,433
    Quote Originally Posted by techjr View Post
    Oops... The whois system I use showed 11 twice.

    I am surprised clients have not been alerted of the take over yet though, even with emergency's you should still be able to reach your clients or have someone able to do it for you. Would have avoided a thread like this.
    From what we understand from jboost, they were notified that we would be contacting them to take the accounts over direct with us.
    .
    .

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    58
    I can confirm jboost has informed all clients about the takeover to burstnet. What i thought after receiving that message was jboost had a bad relation with burstnet and burstnet just reclaimed back all servers. It turned out they had personal problems. I feel sorry for them

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by techjr View Post
    The domain has actually expired yesterday. Hopefully you made backups because it seems jboost has up and run. And if not, I would move anyways since the domain is your business and letting it expire without alerting any clients is never a good sign.
    whats that?

    is that means when ever host want they can run away with all their client data?

    Man its strange

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    4,487
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexx LL View Post
    whats that?

    is that means when ever host want they can run away with all their client data?

    Man its strange
    Seems the whois source I use is incorrect for some reason.

    Anyways, it happens all the time where issues come up and the host closes. At least the clients were absorbed back into the burst network so they are still getting the same servers they paid for at lower price.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Posts
    785
    Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET View Post
    Domain does not look expired to me...just down:

    Domain Name: JBOOST.COM
    Registrar: ENOM, INC.
    Whois Server: whois.enom.com
    Updated Date: 16-mar-2011
    Creation Date: 15-mar-2010
    Expiration Date: 15-mar-2012
    This is normal at enom.
    They take expired domains and put ads on them and/or auction them.
    If you query whois.enom.com directly, it shows the real expiry date.

    Creation date: 16 Mar 2010 01:08:00
    Expiration date: 15 Mar 2011 20:08:00
    High Quality Web Hosting from Host Ultra
    Visit us online at www.hostultra.com

  11. #11
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    10,482
    They take expired domains and put ads on them and/or auction them.
    Happened to one of my own personal domains about 3 years ago! Let it expire and it ended up being up for sale, I prefer they go back into a re-registration but that is my opinion.

    Just checked it, still for sale 3 years later
    l Dedigeeks (Twitter) Shared Reseller Cloud VPS Since 2010
    l Leading AU Hosting Provider Multiple locations - around the globe!
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    l www.yourcompanynamehere.com Customer Service Rep. Superior Service Guarantee

  12. #12
    JBoost did not last long.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    6,882
    Quote Originally Posted by HostXNow View Post
    JBoost did not last long.
    That is sad but they have made the exit in a comparatively decent manner as we hear horror stories of vanishing hosts.

    They contacted us recently and requested us to take over their client base directly, due to personal reasons (very valid/unfortunate reasons we are aware of, but cannot share publicly) needed to honorably exit the business.
    iHubNet Ltd - Premium Hosting Solutions 4 ALL
    Solid Support Solid Equipment Solid Network
    Shared Hosting / Reseller Hosting / Managed Server
    Matt A.

  14. #14
    To be honest i'm just glad nothing was damaged. If they come back in business I would be happy to be a client of them, and I'm glad they went out as nicely as they did,

    I would like to thank BurstNet for clarifying things up with everyone,
    I also just had my server transferred without problems, so once again thank you for the.
    so if you have a server and want to keep it, contact BurstNet ASAP.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    58
    Quote Originally Posted by alex288288 View Post
    To be honest i'm just glad nothing was damaged. If they come back in business I would be happy to be a client of them, and I'm glad they went out as nicely as they did,

    I would like to thank BurstNet for clarifying things up with everyone,
    I also just had my server transferred without problems, so once again thank you for the.
    so if you have a server and want to keep it, contact BurstNet ASAP.
    yes they might be good.

    but thats to BurstNet for clearing things up, otherwise people will be screwed.

  16. #16
    yep! and its rare, usually its just up and run. so yea burstNet saved everyone lol

    Quote Originally Posted by FH-VM View Post
    yes they might be good.

    but thats to BurstNet for clearing things up, otherwise people will be screwed.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-14-2010, 11:35 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-05-2010, 02:46 AM
  3. Replies: 22
    Last Post: 12-01-2010, 03:20 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •