Thread: VolumeDrive

VolumeDrive

Review Of Volumedrive
    Current Mood: Unhappy

I will be updating this as I feel it needs to be.

Day 1: Server Order day

SERVER INFORMATION:

Server: AMD AthlonII X4 620 (4 cores)
    Ram: 4 GB Memory
    Hard Drive 1: 250 GB Hard Drive
    Hard Drive 2: None
    Hard Drive 3: None
    Hard Drive 4: None
    RAID: None
    Operating Sys: CentOS 5.5 64 Bit
    Control Panel: cPanel / WHM
    IP Addresses: 2 IP Addresses

TOTAL COST:

Monthly Cost: 69.95
    One-Time Cost: 0

Day 4:
    I currently Orderd a server about 5 days ago. This place has a garentee of 48 hours max server setup time that they currently are failing. At the bottom of my first email it reads

"Dedicated orders can take anywhere from 24 - 48 hours to process from the time you place the order."

At this point I would suggest not useing them.
    Andrew Sargeant
    KlickPointe Hosting
    24/7 Support - 99.9% Uptime - Shared/Reseller

Have you tried to reach them? they must be overloaded due to the great promotion they are running on Xeon at 49$ currently.
    • UnderHost Inc. • Offshore Hosting Solutions and USA/Canadian based servers.
    • 24/7 Rapid Support / 99.9% Uptime Guarantee / Shared / Cloud / VPS / Dedicated Servers
    • Managed OnApp Cloud • USA Cloud Virtual Datacenter - Dedicated and Scalable Resources
    • Hong Kong - Netherlands - Canada - Panama - United States - Russia •

There's the massive thread where they're updating people (wish they'd use twitter or something else)

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...029407&page=24

With a specific post from them

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpo...&postcount=346

Hope that helps.

I think you should be more patient, Volumedrive was flooded with orders. Besides you can always cancel since I bet there is someone who would like to take your place.

You can't really review our service if you haven't used it yet. We normally have a 24 - 48 hour setup time on standard servers such as the X4 systems. However, due to the Xeon sale, that has not been the case for the past week. We are getting the hundreds of pending Xeon setups out of the way first and then focusing on the remaining standard setups. That being said, we've located your order and will have it online for you later this evening.
    Fast SSD Dedicated Servers || 24/7 365 Support || Money-Back Guarantee
    Dedicated Servers || Colocation || IP Transit
    Need to get in touch? Drop us an email at info[at]quadix.co

Quote Originally Posted by volumedrive View Post
    You can't really review our service if you haven't used it yet. We normally have a 24 - 48 hour setup time on standard servers such as the X4 systems. However, due to the Xeon sale, that has not been the case for the past week. We are getting the hundreds of pending Xeon setups out of the way first and then focusing on the remaining standard setups. That being said, we've located your order and will have it online for you later this evening.
    Glad to know that you are getting good people.

But I think you should update your site for a short period of time remove the setup time.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx LL View Post
    Glad to know that you are getting good people.

But I think you should update your site for a short period of time remove the setup time.
    If you've noticed, we've basically taken down almost all servers on our site because they are sold out. It's sort of pointless to remove setup times because the servers are not available.

If you've noticed, we've basically taken down almost all servers on our site because they are sold out. It's sort of pointless to remove setup times because the servers are not available.
    Maybe you should have actuly set up an amount of servers in whmcs
    the amount you actuly have befor letting people order them?
    Andrew Sargeant
    KlickPointe Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by illone View Post
    Maybe you should have actuly set up an amount of servers in whmcs
    the amount you actuly have befor letting people order them?
    They are not using WHMCS, I understand they only have some delay to setup servers has you aware mounting/setup servers take some time if you have let say 30 staff and 3000 servers ordered that's cause some delay.
    • UnderHost Inc. • Offshore Hosting Solutions and USA/Canadian based servers.
    • 24/7 Rapid Support / 99.9% Uptime Guarantee / Shared / Cloud / VPS / Dedicated Servers
    • Managed OnApp Cloud • USA Cloud Virtual Datacenter - Dedicated and Scalable Resources
    • Hong Kong - Netherlands - Canada - Panama - United States - Russia •

Day 6
    Mood is happy

Well I got amazingly fast service lastnight from VolumeDrive there email response time was super fast. And my server is up after the delay.
    Andrew Sargeant
    KlickPointe Hosting

So it turns out patience is key. I think just work with your provider. Given the sale and the communication from them in that thread everyone should have expected longer delivery times.
    Andrι Allen | E: aallen(a)linovus.ca
    Linovus Holdings Inc
    Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers & Public Cloud | USA, Canada & UK - 24x7x365 Support

Day 7
    I cant seem to get an email respone now kinda strange the server has not went down nothing big to report only the fact that there "support" will not respond to email also they dont have a ticket center
    Andrew Sargeant
    KlickPointe Hosting

Yeah, I noticed the lack of support system there, little bit worrying really. You get one hell of a server for your money but can we rely on a service with no proper support system for anything more than a backup/hobby server?

Day 7
    I cant seem to get an email respone now kinda strange the server has not went down nothing big to report only the fact that there "support" will not respond to email also they dont have a ticket center
    Please advise with your issue and send a follow up if you need a quick response.

Quote Originally Posted by jimsefton View Post
    Yeah, I noticed the lack of support system there, little bit worrying really. You get one hell of a server for your money but can we rely on a service with no proper support system for anything more than a backup/hobby server?
    Our support system has been proper enough to support thousands of clients over the past five years of being in business. We're sure you'd be fine.

Personally, if 24-48hrs is advertised, I would have expected an email to say that current setups are being delayed to an unexpected influx.

This is blatently an example of poor preperation for a sale

Quote Originally Posted by Digg View Post
    Personally, if 24-48hrs is advertised, I would have expected an email to say that current setups are being delayed to an unexpected influx.

This is blatently an example of poor preperation for a sale
    That has been more than stated in our sale thread on WHT. In addition, we've provided updates every single day on the status of pending orders in relation to the delivery dates. We've also stated that if a setup is taking too long, we'll gladly cancel the order and send the client a full refund.

Updates on the forum are great for people who are considering ordering an account, I'm just saying that if I had placed an order and was epxecting it to be up latest 48hours, I would expect an apologetic email. If I'd got an email I then wouldn't moan about it, just consider the options.

If you had sent the customer an email, then I retract my comment, but if you hadn't, I stand by my guns

Quote Originally Posted by Digg View Post
    Updates on the forum are great for people who are considering ordering an account, I'm just saying that if I had placed an order and was epxecting it to be up latest 48hours, I would expect an apologetic email. If I'd got an email I then wouldn't moan about it, just consider the options.

If you had sent the customer an email, then I retract my comment, but if you hadn't, I stand by my guns

All clients with pending setups on the Xeon special were updated and kept aware of the setup times. This was in spite of an overwhelming response to our sale.

That has been more than stated in our sale thread on WHT. In addition, we've provided updates every single day on the status of pending orders in relation to the delivery dates. We've also stated that if a setup is taking too long, we'll gladly cancel the order and send the client a full refund.
    How about answering e-mails. You've asked folks to e-mail your info address, but it appears in my case, you're not responding to those e-mails. I've sent two in the past 72 hours, none with a response.
    I support the Human Rights Campaign!
    Moving to the Tampa, Florida area? Check out life in the suburbs in Trinity, Florida.

Day 7

After sending 3 emails in the last 3 days I am unable to get a reply from VolumDrive, I feel that there support maybe lacking or there isent enough people to support there huge amound of clients
    Andrew Sargeant
    KlickPointe Hosting

Also they have an Msn address they never seem to login to
    Andrew Sargeant
    KlickPointe Hosting

I am looking to use their service, overall would you recommend their servers?
    <<Please see rules for signature setup>>

I wouldent lie they have amazing server for low a low price you just need to make sure that you never need support from them
    Andrew Sargeant
    KlickPointe Hosting

I wouldent lie they have amazing server for low a low price you just need to make sure that you never need support from them
    What support issues have you've had that have gone unanswered?

Quote Originally Posted by sirius View Post
    How about answering e-mails. You've asked folks to e-mail your info address, but it appears in my case, you're not responding to those e-mails. I've sent two in the past 72 hours, none with a response.
    Support requests, etc.. get the highest priority as always. We do apologize for any delay in communication. Someone will be getting back to you shortly.