Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thumbs down Virpus won't refund even they promised

As you probably know, some time ago Virpus.com had a huge problem with their virtual servers. Almost all their machines got hacked and data removed.

They promised in a newsletter a refund to all customer who wish not to continue with them anymore due to the hacking (lagging, bad disk I/O and several outages daily).

We had two VPS from them, the other one already paid for 6 months and the other one shorter time period. We cancelled both virtual servers as before hacking there was also huge performance issues.

Virpus staff just notified us later that according to their TOS they won't refund anything. After that they have been just closing the tickets all the time.

We haven't been using those virtuals anymore since the hacking.
    But we are certain that we will not recommend Virpus to anyone as you can't trust them and the functionality of their VPS's are bad even at the best.
    Click yourself to Atrahost
    .: Shared, Reseller and VPS hosting on: US and EU servers :.
    .: AWESOME LAST FREE 60 DAYS IN A YEAR GUARANTEE :.

Hmmmmmm

I think I read first bad review about virpus.

Why not just take more time and solve the issue with them?

instead of coming here?

Hello,

When you sign up for services you agree with TOS, and that's it. Now, just move out to another host, and read the TOS before sign up, or better contact live sales directly and ask about refund policy.

Quote Originally Posted by lithuania View Post
    Hello,

When you sign up for services you agree with TOS, and that's it. Now, just move out to another host, and read the TOS before sign up, or better contact live sales directly and ask about refund policy.
    Yes, it could be a clue as well.

we never take time to read TOS.

Quote Originally Posted by Alexx LL View Post
    Hmmmmmm

instead of coming here?
    Actually there is a lot of bad reviews on Virpus and this issue ha already taken for two months now, the data was informed on January 22. We have been trying to communicate with them 2 months, I think we have been very patience.

We regret to inform you that Virpus has had a security breach in our network, which has caused ~19 servers to have complete or partial data loss. There is only one server that has had partial data loss.

For those who do not want to continue, we will be able to offer partial refunds for those who have prpaid their accounts. Please work with our Sales Department to make such arrangements.

Then later they will tell.

I'm sorry but we don't offer refunds as explained in our terms.

Hello,

I have no problem with no refund policy, but they actually promised the refund earlier.. maybe just to get the clients continue with them, but it was just a lie.

Quote Originally Posted by GwebHosting View Post
    Actually there is a lot of bad reviews on Virpus and this issue ha already taken for two months now, the data was informed on January 22. We have been trying to communicate with them 2 months, I think we have been very patience.

We regret to inform you that Virpus has had a security breach in our network, which has caused ~19 servers to have complete or partial data loss. There is only one server that has had partial data loss.

For those who do not want to continue, we will be able to offer partial refunds for those who have prpaid their accounts. Please work with our Sales Department to make such arrangements.

Then later they will tell.

I'm sorry but we don't offer refunds as explained in our terms.
    As stated in their terms they don't offer refunds.

But as stated in their email they will refund, then they need to.

Can we've screen shot of new letter?

From which letter?

The one that says they refund, or the one which says they wont.

Paste both of them. It's bad idea lie to your customers... Very bad.

From which letter?

The one that says they refund, or the one which says they wont.
    yes, the one you got from them

Paste both of them. It's bad idea lie to your customers... Very bad.
    Here, both from Virpus.

First after the data loss and the second after a month as an answer to cancellation.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails virpus1.jpg   virpus2.jpg  
    Last edited by GwebHosting; 03-16-2011 at 03:27 AM.

Here, both from Virpus.

First after the data loss and the second after a month as an answer to cancellation.

I take a look, and they clearly said that they will refund partially.

WHOA!
    That's one serious headline, all 19 of their servers we're whiped out at once? What do hackers get out of that? I don't understand why some people can do these things and never occurs how many businesses that was with families and people behind it.
    Greg Landis | Director of Growth Jaguarpc - Unlock Superior Hosting with JaguarPC
    Managed Servers - Virtual Private Servers | AMD EPYC Dedicated servers
    Follow us @ Facebook.com/Jaguarpc | (888)-338-5261 | greg @ jaguarpc.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jag View Post
    WHOA!
    That's one serious headline, all 19 of their servers we're whiped out at once? What do hackers get out of that? I don't understand why some people can do these things and never occurs how many businesses that was with families and people behind it.
    You are right, I don't really understand what they get doing this.

Hackers enjoy the process not the goal.

i think you must contact virpus billing, if they had promised in newsletter about refund there must be a two side story to not refund your money on prorate basis. I am waiting to hear virpus's side of story
    █ l Host Monsterz Pvt Ltd • Superb Support Network • DES 64 bit Secured Network
    l Linux Shared/Reseller Hosting • Virtual Server • Dedicated Server • cPanel®
    █ l Nginx • Softaculous • Fantastico • RVSite Builder • WHMCS • 24x7 Available Server Admin
    l Premium Managed VPS • Reliable & Sustainable • Instant Setup • Raid Drives

you might have been un-clear when asking for refund.
    My friend has 2 vps with virpus, one of them got hacked, he asked for refund for the hacked vps and instead of taking it in cash - he used it as a payment for the other vps he had with them.
    Virpus aren't that bad, support is slow agreed but if u can hit the nail, they will help u out. (I have noted refunds are happening slowly, may be it takes upto 30 - 40 days, I am not sure - no personal experience)

I think this is a simple case of the OP not being specific. We have refunded thousands of dollars due to this, so why would we deny your individual case. Given that you're responding to a cancellation confirmation notice, (and assuming you responded saying you want your money back), yes, you would have received a e-mail back from us saying we arn't going to do so as we possibly didn't know that you were effected (won't know unless you say so).

We have stuck to our word and have refunded all who have asked for one if it was related to the hacking.

Feel free to e-mail me at kenneth.odem@virpusnetworks.net with your ticket ID and I'll look into it.

Jag,

It's not 'all 19 of our servers'. Those 19 servers accounted for 30% of our servers. But don't get me wrong, 19 servers is still a lot.
    ColoInSeattle - From 1U to cage space colocation in Seattle
    ServerStadium - Affordable Dedicated Servers
    Come visit our 18k sq ft. facility in Seattle!
    Managed Private Cloud | Colocation | Disaster Recovery | Dedicated Servers

Hmmmmmm

instead of coming here?
    Do you actually read these forums? As the OP said they have had numerous issues with Virpus and if so have legitimate reasons for leaving them. IF a host (despite what their TOS says) notifies their customers that due to poor service they will offer refunds then they should (as it looks Virpus is doing).

The only thing that isn't clear to me is if they OP cancelled their VPS prior to the refund notice going out (or the start to the issues that prompted the refund offer).

I had a VPS with Virpus that was wiped out during the hack and I got a full refund for that month's bill when I cancelled. Just wanted to put that out there.

Just a Koinky-Dink that the majority of the posts on the first page sound like they are the same person?

Best luck.

I do understand both sides, but I do know Ken will work with people.

From what Ken has stated, The best thing for the OP is to do is to e-mail him and provide the ticket number and show that he was a effected client, on the effected servers.
    FusionNET Solutions
    OpenVZ & XEN VPS available in US & UK.
    IRC & Adult Allowed, RDNS Control, 24/7 Helpdesk, VPN Ready, Native IPv6 Ready!

Hmmmmmm

instead of coming here?

they won't reply you!!!!!!! that's the question.

can you teach me, how to solve the problem

with a provider who say nothing, do nothing, reply nothing???

Ken has fraud me

2 Month!

Quote Originally Posted by Tanut007 View Post
    Ken has fraud me

2 Month!
    This is serious complains. Can you prove fraud action?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast