Is BXmanagement still alive?

I'm getting concerned because their support ticket system is returning errors, and my emails to them are bouncing back to me.

They are hosting sites for me, and apparently I cannot FTP to them to make sure I have them captured.

I'm hoping they are just having technical difficulties, but figured I had better check to see if anyone else has any info..

Do you mean, http://www.bxmanagement.com? If yes, it works for me fine and site loads properly from my end.
    http://we3cares.com/
    Seven years in server management!!.
    Performance exceeds expectation.

Quote Originally Posted by hosting_we3cares View Post
    Do you mean, http://www.bxmanagement.com? If yes, it works for me fine and site loads properly from my end.
    Also loading properly from my end...however as a company i'm not sure as i've never dealt with them.

What happens when you go to their Customer Portal (https://secure.bxmanagement.com/)?

Or try to email them via the contact page?

BTW, I really wasn't asking about the WEBPAGE, I was asking about the COMPANY. They are hosting several of my sites and I don't want to have them just go away suddenly. It makes me nervous that I can't reach the company via their normal contact channels.

May be their server is down or under maintenace. Be patience and keep trying to contact them.

What happens when you go to their Customer Portal (https://secure.bxmanagement.com/)?
    That link loaded for me just fine.

A few days ago I got a newsletter from Club Uptime that they have merged with bxmanagement, so maybe Mat can chime in here. I am not sure his pull involvement with BxManagement at this point.

New Club Uptime Brands

Club Uptime is constantly looking to add new services to our companies offerings. Over the past two weeks, we have merged with two companies that offer amazing services at very reasonable prices.

BX Management

The goal of BX Management was to offer secure, reliable, and cost effective server management solutions businesses and websites, with staff based solely in the United States. The staff at BX Management are here to serve you and are dedicated to doing so in a prompt, professional, and friendly manner. http://www.bxmanagement.com
    Kevin Kopp - MonsterMegs Business Class Hosting Services
    Pure SSD Powered Shared, Reseller, and Enterprise Hosting Solutions
    US & NL Locations :: [US] PhoenixNAP | [NL] EvoSwitch Datacenters

Quote Originally Posted by Rich Z View Post
    I'm getting concerned because their support ticket system is returning errors, and my emails to them are bouncing back to me.

They are hosting sites for me, and apparently I cannot FTP to them to make sure I have them captured.

I'm hoping they are just having technical difficulties, but figured I had better check to see if anyone else has any info..
    We moved the main BXManagement website to a new set of servers within the Club Uptime Network itself yesterday afternoon, so it's likely that you're hitting DNS Propagation issues.

Don't worry, though: Everything still works as it always has and we're not changing a thing.

If you clear your DNS Cache, you should be able to get to the helpdesk no problem at all.
    Matthew Rosenblatt, and I do lots of things.
    Currently a Master Electrician on Broadway.
    My company, BurstAV, specializes in A/V Systems Design and integration.
    I also own ConcertCables. We build power/data cables for the entertainment industry.

Also, if necessary, you may contact me directly in the interim if you're unable to access the BX Management systems.
    I also own ConcertCables. We build power/data cables for the entertainment industry.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt R View Post
    Also, if necessary, you may contact me directly in the interim if you're unable to access the BX Management systems.
    OK, thanks!

I was getting REAL nervous. I've had a hosting company die on me leaving me in the lurch, and it wasn't a pleasant experience. I lost everything. Lesson learned about making local backups...

In any event, it sure would have been helpful to either send clients a notice of this change or even make mention of it direction on the BXmanagement website.....

OK, thanks!

I was getting REAL nervous. I've had a hosting company die on me leaving me in the lurch, and it wasn't a pleasant experience. I lost everything. Lesson learned about making local backups...

In any event, it sure would have been helpful to either send clients a notice of this change or even make mention of it direction on the BXmanagement website.....
    It was our understanding that notification was sent out.

Either way -- we'll be sending out a message to the entire client base shortly with regards to the merger. We've made some DNS changes (geographically distributed). You would just need to add a third DNS server to your nameservers list. It's optional, but recommended.

Simply put -- we're making things better. Hosting clients are now on CloudLinux based servers with Litespeed on much more powerful hardware with Raid 10 as opposed to Raid 1. You should notice a nice bump in performance.

We're out to make things better -- not inconvenience anyone

I STILL cannot log into the ticket system. Getting these kinds of errors:

Ubersmith Token Update
    Error updating token: Unable to create lock file: Permission denied Failed to start up concurrent users module! Instance Not Found, has the hostname of your Ubersmith server changed?

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: open(/tmp/sess_f792d9a2d21e475f109adcbf99480beb, O_RDWR) failed: Permission denied (13) in /home/secure/public_html/include/pre.inc.php on line 94

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cookie - headers already sent by (output started at /home/secure/public_html/include/pre.inc.php:94) in /home/secure/public_html/include/pre.inc.php on line 94

Warning: session_start() [function.session-start]: Cannot send session cache limiter - headers already sent (output started at /home/secure/public_html/include/pre.inc.php:94) in /home/secure/public_html/include/pre.inc.php on line 94

Notice: sql query failed in /home/secure/public_html/include/config.inc.php on line 146
    An emailed reply to an email from [email protected] has bounced back as a failed delivery as well.

So in effect I cannot reach BXmanagement if I need their help. A phone call I placed a couple of days ago via the number on the site has not gotten a response neither.

And btw, regardless of your understanding, there was NO message sent to me about this transfer of ownership.

So basically if my server flops over dead right now, I am SOL because I can't reach BXmanagement about it.

I STILL cannot log into the ticket system. Getting these kinds of errors:

An emailed reply to an email from [email protected] has bounced back as a failed delivery as well.

So in effect I cannot reach BXmanagement if I need their help. A phone call I placed a couple of days ago via the number on the site has not gotten a response neither.

And btw, regardless of your understanding, there was NO message sent to me about this transfer of ownership.

So basically if my server flops over dead right now, I am SOL because I can't reach BXmanagement about it.
    As stated, you can always contact myself or the Club Uptime helpdesk ([email protected]) for the time being while we transition the two companies.

You should not be seeing any of the errors you are, however: They existed on the old servers and the DNS has not pointed to the old servers for 5-7 days now.

As stated, you can always contact myself or the Club Uptime helpdesk ([email protected]) for the time being while we transition the two companies.

You should not be seeing any of the errors you are, however: They existed on the old servers and the DNS has not pointed to the old servers for 5-7 days now.
    Actually, I tried it from two different locations on diverse ISP paths and different DNS resolvers and the errors that guy is complaining about exist.

The dns has various issues:

http://www.intodns.com/bxmanagement.com

Looks like your nameservers do not agree on the SOA serial. Ths SOA records as reported by your nameservers:
    74.86.23.32 -> 2010101501
    109.74.193.36 -> 2011031501
    50.22.149.56 -> 2011031501
    I did some testing, and it appears that some ISPS are caching your old ip and some isps are not. Likely from non-consistent SOA.

Big name ones such as opendns, level3, google dns show it correct. But my charter does not, neither does gigenets caching nameserver.
    Last edited by Steven; 03-20-2011 at 12:46 AM.

Well the ticket system seems to be working finally.

However, it would be REALLY nice to have someone actually respond to the tickets I place there.... I don't even get an acknowledgement that the ticket has been received by the system.

If this is NOT the proper ticketing system to use with the monthly service I pay for, could you be so kind as to direct me to the correct system? Please use my present login info and if possible, copy those existing tickets over to the new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    Actually, I tried it from two different locations on diverse ISP paths and different DNS resolvers and the errors that guy is complaining about exist.

The dns has various issues:

http://www.intodns.com/bxmanagement.com

I did some testing, and it appears that some ISPS are caching your old ip and some isps are not. Likely from non-consistent SOA.

Big name ones such as opendns, level3, google dns show it correct. But my charter does not, neither does gigenets caching nameserver.
    You were correct -- One of the three DNS servers (NS2) had not been updated on the registrar level and was pointing to the previous network.

Everything is squared away with the settings at this point.

@Rich: I've responded to your ticket within the helpdesk. It includes all information necessary for both tickets opened as well as some other notes.

@Rich: I've responded to your ticket within the helpdesk. It includes all information necessary for both tickets opened as well as some other notes.
    Well, how about checking that help desk at least once a day to address issues there? Or are you planning to treat the former BXmanagement clients as abandoned orphans in your takeover? Yeah, I prepaid for hosting for a year with them. Does that mean my support tickets don't count?

Seriously, this Club Uptime taking the reigns from BXmanagement doesn't seem to have done me any favors....

Interesting....

Now Club Uptime is claiming that although BXmanagement and Club Uptime are the same company, they do not deal with the issues of BXmanagement's clients. So if the old clients of BXmanagement are not getting responses, then tough luck for them..

Yet they are still taking my money for the server management I am paying. I get a receipt from Club Uptime every month for that payment.

Fancy that.... Doesn't this seem to contradict what Matt said earlier about the two companies MERGING?

On 5/13/2011 1:04 PM, Club Uptime, LLC Sales wrote:
    >
    > Club Uptime, LLC
    >
    > Hello,
    >
    > BXManagement and ClubUptime are the same company, but are not operated by the same staff. As I've explained to you before, we do not deal with BXManagement issues at ClubUptime.com - please refer your issue to support there.
    >
    > Thank you,
    > Andrew Colbourne
    > Club Uptime, LLC
    >
    > ----------------------------------------------
    > Ticket ID: #577724
    > Subject: Outstanding support ticket on BXmanagment's ticket system.
    > Status: Answered
    > Ticket URL: https://my.clubuptime.com/viewticket...724&c=TUj8yV6F
    > ----------------------------------------------
    >

Interesting....

Now Club Uptime is claiming that although BXmanagement and Club Uptime are the same company, they do not deal with the issues of BXmanagement's clients. So if the old clients of BXmanagement are not getting responses, then tough luck for them..

Yet they are still taking my money for the server management I am paying. I get a receipt from Club Uptime every month for that payment.

Fancy that.... Doesn't this seem to contradict what Matt said earlier about the two companies MERGING?
    Merging meaning that they are the same legal entity, not that they have cut the staff in half or gotten rid of the staff of one or the other.

For example - Brent owns HostGator and ASmallOrange, but that doesn't mean that you can submit a ticket to the ASMallOrange help desk for a HostGator issue and expect them to assist you.

If you have an issue with your BXManagement service, you need to submit a ticket to BXManagement's support department regardless of who owns the company.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    Merging meaning that they are the same legal entity, not that they have cut the staff in half or gotten rid of the staff of one or the other.

For example - Brent owns HostGator and ASmallOrange, but that doesn't mean that you can submit a ticket to the ASMallOrange help desk for a HostGator issue and expect them to assist you.

If you have an issue with your BXManagement service, you need to submit a ticket to BXManagement's support department regardless of who owns the company.
    I did try going through BXmanagement, but they are completely non responsive. Which was the reason I originally started this thread and Matt chimed in with posts of this nature.

Three days have not elapsed since I posted that trouble ticket with BXmanagement. An email I sent via their contact page has not been replied to.

Matt Rosenblatt has stated that there has been a merger of BXmanagement and Club Uptime, and obviously service ticket to BXmanagement are being completely ignored.

It was our understanding that notification was sent out.

Either way -- we'll be sending out a message to the entire client base shortly with regards to the merger. We've made some DNS changes (geographically distributed). You would just need to add a third DNS server to your nameservers list. It's optional, but recommended.

Simply put -- we're making things better. Hosting clients are now on CloudLinux based servers with Litespeed on much more powerful hardware with Raid 10 as opposed to Raid 1. You should notice a nice bump in performance.

We're out to make things better -- not inconvenience anyone
    Matt responded to some of the trouble tickets directly through BXmanagement's ticket system. I receive a billing invoice from Club Uptime every month for the server management service I pay for monthly.

In my opinion, since I prepaid for the hosting service for four domains with BXmanagement before the takeover, I suppose this is not considered as a revenue stream for Club Uptime, so therefore they aren't interested in helping me with issues related to those accounts. In my opinion, this TAKEOVER" appears to only be interested in taking the assets and dropping any liabilities associated with the takeover.

Fortunately the problem is only the fact that emails are not able to be downloaded from the account to my mail reader. God help me if the sites were actually down, as it appears that Club Uptime/BXmanagement has absolutely NO intention of helping those legacy BXmanagement clients. They are saying I MUST go through BXmanagement, who for all intents and purposes does not have ANY staff working with clients.

So how do you know what they have done with staffing? It appears to me that cutting out the BXmanagement staff is EXACTLY what they have done. Otherwise, why aren't they responding to trouble tickets?

And you want to tell me that is acceptable in this business and standard procedure? Well I know I will never do any business with YOU in the future, if that is do....

BTW, as far as BXmanagement and Club Uptime being separate entities.....

[Querying whois.enom.com]
    [whois.enom.com]
    =-=-=-=
    Visit AboutUs.org for more information about bxmanagement.com
    a href="http://www.aboutus.org/bxmanagement.com"AboutUs: bxmanagement.com/a

Registration Service Provided By: Club Uptime

Domain name: bxmanagement.com

Registrant Contact:
    BX Management
    Matthew Rosenblatt ()

Fax:
    7926 Tennyson Court
    Boca Raton, FL 33433
    US

Administrative Contact:
    BX Management
    Matthew Rosenblatt ([email protected])
    +1.5619531115
    Fax: +1.5619531115
    7926 Tennyson Court
    Boca Raton, FL 33433
    US

Technical Contact:
    BX Management
    Matthew Rosenblatt ([email protected])
    +1.5619531115
    Fax: +1.5619531115
    7926 Tennyson Court
    Boca Raton, FL 33433
    US

Name Servers:
    dns1.bxmanagement.com
    dns2.bxmanagement.com
    dns3.bxmanagement.com

Creation date: 06 Sep 2009 17:24:00
    Expiration date: 06 Sep 2011 17:24:00
    BXmanagement IS Matthew Rosenblatt.

In my opinion, they are just refusing to service a client that came with their takeover of BXmanagement.

BTW, as far as BXmanagement and Club Uptime being separate entities.....

BXmanagement IS Matthew Rosenblatt.

In my opinion, they are just refusing to service a client that came with their takeover of BXmanagement.
    Just because a name is the administrative contact on a domain registration does not mean that that person *is* the company, it means they're the administrator for the domain.

I know nothing about BXManagement, all I'm saying is you can't expect one company to provide support to you for another one (even if the companies are related).
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

Did you try calling them? 888-889-4443

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    Just because a name is the administrative contact on a domain registration does not mean that that person *is* the company, it means they're the administrator for the domain.

I know nothing about BXManagement, all I'm saying is you can't expect one company to provide support to you for another one (even if the companies are related).
    Have you read this entire thread? If so, do you REALLY understand what the words in the posts are saying?

They MERGED the two companies, meaning they became ONE company. Club Uptime took over the accounts from BXManagement. It wasn't actually a merger as much as it was a buyout and/or takeover.

Even if they are still separate entities, the CEO of the parent company (Club Uptime), which is Matt Rosenblatt, has been made aware of the fact that BXmanagement is not responding to trouble tickets and is completely unconcerned about it. Told me flat out that it is not "their" problem. He doesn't CARE that the BXmanagement branch of his company is not responding to customers.

this is all news to me

This is all news to me.

I sent a ticket several weeks back with no response, so I emailed Nick directly--no response. So, I called and spoke with Nick directly (I guess formerly of bxmanagement) about the stale ticket, over a week old at the time, that had received no response. He mentioned something about a medical problem, but NOTHING about selling out. He said "the techs" should be responding to tickets and said he would call and make sure someone picks up the ticket...no response as of yet.

It's now been about 3 weeks with no response whatsoever. This is just all so unprofessional. I've received no notice and seems I have little hope of recouping my investment of 1 year paid in advance (for tiered pricing) management on 2 servers and guess I have learned my lesson there.

So "Matt" are you going to support the existing customers of your new acquisition, or continue to ignore us? I would be interested to know which line of bxmanagement's TOS you could point to to justify such irresponsible behavior?

I don't understand how it makes any business sense to pay money to acquire a company and then screw the customers of the company being acquired.

And for those of you who would chastise me for "flaming" this company, you can review my very discreet discussion of past dealings with bxmanagement (unnamed in the thread). I've been VERY patient and understanding...Nick always "seemed" like a great guy. Now I'm just kind of pissed and exploring options.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleSource View Post
    This is all news to me.

I sent a ticket several weeks back with no response, so I emailed Nick directly--no response. So, I called and spoke with Nick directly (I guess formerly of bxmanagement) about the stale ticket, over a week old at the time, that had received no response. He mentioned something about a medical problem, but NOTHING about selling out. He said "the techs" should be responding to tickets and said he would call and make sure someone picks up the ticket...no response as of yet.

It's now been about 3 weeks with no response whatsoever. This is just all so unprofessional. I've received no notice and seems I have little hope of recouping my investment of 1 year paid in advance (for tiered pricing) management on 2 servers and guess I have learned my lesson there.

So "Matt" are you going to support the existing customers of your new acquisition, or continue to ignore us? I would be interested to know which line of bxmanagement's TOS you could point to to justify such irresponsible behavior?

I don't understand how it makes any business sense to pay money to acquire a company and then screw the customers of the company being acquired.

And for those of you who would chastise me for "flaming" this company, you can review my very discreet discussion of past dealings with bxmanagement (unnamed in the thread). I've been VERY patient and understanding...Nick always "seemed" like a great guy. Now I'm just kind of pissed and exploring options.
    That is unfortunate that they would disappear over night. I would suggest you start your search with a long term established provider known for providing quality and not just a one-man shop offering you the cheapest deal. Wth management more so than anything else in this market, quality *DOES* cost money. If it's cheap, there is a reason it's cheap.

Secondary to that, I would always be suspicious of a place offering services like that on long term up front payments. I personally would never pay anything longer than a month in advance.

Best of luck!

Quote Originally Posted by RyanD View Post
    That is unfortunate that they would disappear over night. I would suggest you start your search with a long term established provider known for providing quality and not just a one-man shop offering you the cheapest deal. Wth management more so than anything else in this market, quality *DOES* cost money. If it's cheap, there is a reason it's cheap.

Secondary to that, I would always be suspicious of a place offering services like that on long term up front payments. I personally would never pay anything longer than a month in advance.

Best of luck!
    Yeah it stinks, but I'm not sure what can be done about it at this point. It just happened to coincide with all of the storms that rolled through the south here, which made doing certain routine tasks difficult (i.e. no power for several days) and impractical. Responsive support couldn't have disappeared at a worse time.

They were very well recommended on this forum at the time I chose them. They seemed to have a decent mix of value + quality service, were stateside, were responsive initially, very good, and did have several employees when I signed up. I wonder where all of the recommenders are now? Are any of the rest of you guys left out in the cold by this deal with bxmanagement? The more of us there are who are voicing concerns to this new company ( clubuptime ) on this forum, the more likely we are to get some sort of adequate response.

Again, to ignore customers = bad business and makes zero sense. I can't believe any business owner would stand for such nonesense, which says everything we need to know about clubuptime.
    Last edited by SimpleSource; 05-18-2011 at 02:19 PM.

Still no response from them of my trouble ticket posted two weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by SimpleSource View Post
    This is all news to me.

Nick H has done this several times with several server management companies. Hes a serial starter/seller.

Rich is there no contact number mentioned ? Try calling them, may be ur ticket has been missed some how

Quote Originally Posted by ransome View Post
    Rich is there no contact number mentioned ? Try calling them, may be ur ticket has been missed some how
    Not likely. I've posted SEVERAL trouble tickets lately, and none have been responded to. I'm not calling them and wasting time on a phone call. If a web based management service cannot operate in a web based environment with their trouble tickets then perhaps it is time for them to get on with another type of business. I WANT all my correspondence to be in writing with these sorts of situations. I WANT a record of my problems with their services to be archived for future reference. A phone conversation does not give me that service.

Accordingly, I have cancelled the management agreement with BXmanagement and will dispute all charges placed against my credit card account in the past couple of months.

How this guy Matt can claim that he Club Uptime has no association with BXmanagement, yet he blithely accepts my payments every month for service is completely beyond me.

On 5/6/2011 12:30 AM, Matthew Rosenblatt wrote:
    >
    > Thank you for your order!
    > Order Information
    > Merchant: Club Uptime, LLC.
    > Description: [17] ayk.herpnet.com May/06/2011 - Jun/06/2011
    > Invoice Number: 1013-10290
    > Customer ID: 1013
    >
    > PO Number: 1013-10290
    > Tax Exempt: Yes
    > Billing Information
    > Rich Zuchowski
    > SerpenCo
    > xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    > xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    > US
    > [email protected]
    > 850-xxx-xxxx Shipping Information
    > Item Description Qty Taxable Unit Price Item Total
    > 17 ayk herpnet com 1 N US $29.00 US $29.00
    > ayk herpnet com
    > Shipping: US $0.00
    > Tax: US $0.00
    > Duty: US $0.00
    > Total: US $29.00
    >
    > MasterCard
    > Date/Time: 05-May-2011 09:30:46 PM PT
    > Transaction ID: 3611618700
    >
    That invoice above is for management services for my server that I arranged with BXmanagement.

Quite frankly, it is my opinion that this Matt Rosenblatt is not acting in a very ethical manner in this situation.