Site5 is continuing to grow and we are looking to add some new people to our support team. Although we are looking for people with technical expertise, more importantly, we would like for them to have a background in helping people use and understand technology. Site5 believes that part of what makes us unique is the outstanding support we provide to our customers and we are looking for people who share that vision.
Our support team provides technical support for our shared, reseller, dedicated, and VPS customers.
Why would you want to work at Site5?
* You will be working from the comfort of your home.
* We are a smaller company with open communication at all levels.
* All employees receive 17 days of paid time off per year.
* Health/dental/vision insurance is available to U.S. employees.
* Your input and suggestions matter, and we encourage them.
* We encourage learning new skills and we will pay for the books to help.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Love of helping people and love for the Internet!
- A high speed Internet connection.
- Phone & computer microphone for Skype.
- Fast typer.
- Fluent in English (written and oral).
- Responsible person who can work remotely with little direct supervision.
- Provide customer support through our ticket system for L2 issues, which have been escalated by our live chat operators and L1 technicians.
- Occasional call backs via phone to customers.
- Assist our server managers with any stability and load related issues on servers.
- Respond to and investigate abuse issues (spam/phishing).
- Advanced experience with cPanel & WHM and providing technical support to people using it.
- Advanced experience with all of cPanel's sub-systems, including Apache, BIND, MySQL, PHP, Exim, etc.
- Experience with a broad set of web hosting topics and popular open source software (Wordpress, Drupal, phpBB, etc.)
- Understanding of sales and able to handle tickets that involve both support and subtle sales pitches.
- Experience in troubleshooting Ruby on Rails applications deployed via Phusion Passenger.
- Virtualization experience, specifically with deploying and managing OpenVZ and/or Xen.
Both openings are full-time (40 hours/week). We are looking to fill the following shifts:
Monday through Friday, 10am-6pm US Eastern Time
Thursday and Friday: 2am-10am US Eastern Time (8 hour shifts)
Saturday and Sunday: 2am-2pm US Eastern Time (12 hour shifts)
How to Apply?
You must be at least 18 years of age to apply.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and references to [email protected] -- be sure to mention which position and shift you are applying for! Your cover letter does not have to be extensive, but it should tell us something about you and what sets you apart from the rest of the qualified candidates. No phone calls, please.
Compensation is dependent on previous experience. We expect Site5 to be your sole job as these are not pay-per-ticket positions. You cannot work for another hosting company while being employed at Site5. No hiring agencies or outsourced support companies.