Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 62

Thread: Bad BurstNET

  1. #1

    * Bad BurstNET

    Ticket Details
    Ticket ID: 2612913
    Status: OPEN
    When Created: 03-14-2011 - 11:32PM
    Elapsed Time: 10 hours
    Since Last Action: 3 seconds


    Subject and Description
    Need refund

    Since I bought this server , this server almost can's used .It always down and down again . Never keep working more than 24 hours.

    So my client request refund this server , and he will buy a new server with you .


    Replies/Followups
    Jennifer B. 03-15-2011 - 06:21AM

    Hello,

    I apologize, however, we are unable to provide a refund per the terms of our service agreement. Please contact our support team if you are having issues with your service so that they can assist you. I apologize for any inconvenience. Thank you so much.


    --
    Jennifer B.
    Customer Support Representative
    BurstNET Technologies, Inc.
    Customer Support/Billing is available 8am - 5pm(Eastern Time) Monday - Friday
    ***********************************************************************
    SAME LOW PRICES - NOW ON TWO CONTINENTS!

    BurstNET� Services are now available in the USA & Europe!
    See the official press release at http://burstnet.eu/news/europe.shtml
    ***********************************************************************



    Rate this reply/followup
    Tong 03-15-2011 - 06:57AM

    They can assit me ? Since my client bought the server at Mar 3th ,the server never keep working. It had replaced an motherboard ,4 HDD. 12 days ,it still can't working normally.

    If you are my client , do you will pay for a server which unusable ?
    Jennifer B. 03-15-2011 - 08:12AM

    Hello,

    We do not offer refunds per our service agreement. Have you contacted our support team for assistance at any point? If so please provide the ticket number(s) so that they can be reviewed. Thank you so much.


    --
    Jennifer B.
    Customer Support Representative
    BurstNET Technologies, Inc.
    Customer Support/Billing is available 8am - 5pm(Eastern Time) Monday - Friday
    ***********************************************************************
    SAME LOW PRICES - NOW ON TWO CONTINENTS!

    BurstNET� Services are now available in the USA & Europe!
    See the official press release at http://burstnet.eu/news/europe.shtml
    ***********************************************************************



    Rate this reply/followup
    Tong 03-15-2011 - 08:22AM

    Ticket ID: 2599090, 2599268, 2600782, 2600783, 2602259, 2603870, 2606750, 2607429, 2608316, 2608503, 2609511 .

    So many tickets, but the issue is still in there.

    I need a new server ,not this server ,the server so many problems.
    Tong 03-15-2011 - 08:26AM

    when the issue has happend, support just do reboot.

    I need a new server , this server was so bad .
    Jennifer B. 03-15-2011 - 08:39AM

    Hello,

    I apologize, however, there is no refund due. There were delays in resolving your issue because you kept opening duplicate tickets and closing your tickets before they could be resolved. There were some tickets with resolution and then you either closed then yourself or let them close. If you are having issues open ONE ticket with our support team and ;eave it open so we can assist you in resolving any issues. Thank you.


    --
    Jennifer B.
    Customer Support Representative
    BurstNET Technologies, Inc.
    Customer Support/Billing is available 8am - 5pm(Eastern Time) Monday - Friday
    ***********************************************************************
    SAME LOW PRICES - NOW ON TWO CONTINENTS!

    BurstNET� Services are now available in the USA & Europe!
    See the official press release at http://burstnet.eu/news/europe.shtml
    ***********************************************************************



    Rate this reply/followup
    Tong 03-15-2011 - 09:34AM

    That mean : if this month ,this server can't useable, I need pay for the server ?
    Jennifer B. 03-15-2011 - 09:35AM

    Hello,

    We can not reimburse for the March invoice but as long as you cancel within our terms of service you will not need to pay Aprils invoice. Thank you.


    --
    Jennifer B.
    Customer Support Representative
    BurstNET Technologies, Inc.
    Customer Support/Billing is available 8am - 5pm(Eastern Time) Monday - Friday
    ***********************************************************************
    SAME LOW PRICES - NOW ON TWO CONTINENTS!

    BurstNET� Services are now available in the USA & Europe!
    See the official press release at http://burstnet.eu/news/europe.shtml
    ***********************************************************************



    Rate this reply/followup

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    2,882
    This is not uncommon, they tend to have very poor response times
    XeHost.net - Hosting websites since 1999!
    Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers
    End-User Support, WHMCS, and WHMReseller Available on Reseller Plans!
    Follow us on Twitter - new special every Sunday! @XeHost

  3. #3
    maybe this billing month had past, the server still can't use.
    I had paid them a month ,but not do anything.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,036
    Tong,

    You are so not giving the full picture, here.

    I looked at every ticket you've opened with us since the 6th of march. The majority are reboots you asked for because the OS YOU INSTALLED stopped working. You have a KVM and unlimited access to that server.

    However, we can't support your OS as we did not install it. While it is possible for someone to have multiple HDD issues, it IS rare. Since you have full reign over the box, and reboots of that box, I can't rule out that multiple reboots during troubleshooting could have played a part.

    While I agree you do seem to have had some issues with the server, we've been very responsive and working with you every step of the way. You have closed tickets without responding to our questions, and without supplying items we requested.

    How are we supposed to help you when you don't respond to us.

    We will work to make it right for you, however. I will speak with our billing department regarding it.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    503
    There might be more behind the story, but I had terrible experience with support in the past also. Customer service did sort of help me out with few things. Tech support does need improvement such as the ability to troubleshoot network I had crawling slow speed with many sites, and I also had a VPS with their reseller and the same sites were fine. They ran their own speedtest which was on a server in the same facility, and said look you are getting full speed. They also said there was no problem with the switch or the port, but clearly there was a problem somewhere.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET_CSM View Post
    Tong,

    You are so not giving the full picture, here.

    I looked at every ticket you've opened with us since the 6th of march. The majority are reboots you asked for because the OS YOU INSTALLED stopped working. You have a KVM and unlimited access to that server.

    However, we can't support your OS as we did not install it. While it is possible for someone to have multiple HDD issues, it IS rare. Since you have full reign over the box, and reboots of that box, I can't rule out that multiple reboots during troubleshooting could have played a part.

    While I agree you do seem to have had some issues with the server, we've been very responsive and working with you every step of the way. You have closed tickets without responding to our questions, and without supplying items we requested.

    How are we supposed to help you when you don't respond to us.

    We will work to make it right for you, however. I will speak with our billing department regarding it.


    Yes ,I closed the ticket.When the server working ,I had closed the ticket ; of course ,when the server down ,I will submit a new ticket, but you always reboot the server ,not relsove the issue of auto down.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    503
    Quote Originally Posted by tongsite View Post
    Yes ,I closed the ticket.When the server working ,I had closed the ticket ; of course ,when the server down ,I will submit a new ticket, but you always reboot the server ,not relsove the issue of auto down.
    Just because your server was working at that moment you still have to reply to the ticket to update the status, so it can be useful for future troubleshooting.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by LayerHosting View Post
    Just because your server was working at that moment you still have to reply to the ticket to update the status, so it can be useful for future troubleshooting.

    But now the server still have problem ,it still will auto down .The motherboad and HDD had been replaced . Why ? the support not give me the answer , they just reboot the server when it down.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    503
    Quote Originally Posted by tongsite View Post
    But now the server still have problem ,it still will auto down .The motherboad and HDD had been replaced . Why ? the support not give me the answer , they just reboot the server when it down.
    Have you tested the server to diagnose the problem? It can be the OS or w/e you are running, and not the hardware. They are budget unmanaged provider, so they wont really troubleshoot anything. Even though I do agree their support is horrible.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by LayerHosting View Post
    Have you tested the server to diagnose the problem? It can be the OS or w/e you are running, and not the hardware. They are budget unmanaged provider, so they wont really troubleshoot anything. Even though I do agree their support is horrible.

    The OS is new install ,it's not install other software, only install IIS.
    I had checked the event, it not show any error.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,036
    Quote Originally Posted by LayerHosting View Post
    There might be more behind the story, but I had terrible experience with support in the past also. Customer service did sort of help me out with few things. Tech support does need improvement such as the ability to troubleshoot network I had crawling slow speed with many sites, and I also had a VPS with their reseller and the same sites were fine. They ran their own speedtest which was on a server in the same facility, and said look you are getting full speed. They also said there was no problem with the switch or the port, but clearly there was a problem somewhere.

    I can't prove or disprove what you are saying without a ticket # to look at, but I can state that our techs are supposed to look at things like this from multiple locations, and NOT just our Scranton, DC.

    I also again stress that as a budget hosting company, support is not there to answer within moments of your ticket request. You are paying less for just that reason. if you want pampering and tons of (usualluy) unnecessary staff, you're goping to have to pay more for it. Our support team USUALLY respods within minutes. But at certain times, it may take longer.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    503
    Quote Originally Posted by tongsite View Post
    The OS is new install ,it's not install other software, only install IIS.
    I had checked the event, it not show any error.
    It might be some sort of power issue because from what it sounds like you are using "Windows," and usually when their is a hardware problem you get a blue screen which leaves an error in the logs.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,036
    Quote Originally Posted by tongsite View Post
    But now the server still have problem ,it still will auto down .The motherboad and HDD had been replaced . Why ? the support not give me the answer , they just reboot the server when it down.

    Becasue for the most part, that's all we can do. You are installing your own OS. We cannot look at it nor troubleshoot it without charging you to do so. The ONLY thing we can do is examine HW issues with your setup, unless you pay us for abnormal support.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET_CSM View Post
    Becasue for the most part, that's all we can do. You are installing your own OS. We cannot look at it nor troubleshoot it without charging you to do so. The ONLY thing we can do is examine HW issues with your setup, unless you pay us for abnormal support.

    Although it had replaced motherboad and HDD, but it may be RAM or CPU or power or other HW problem .

    If I pay you for abnormal support, but the end found it's the HW issue, do you will refund the money ?

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,036
    Quote Originally Posted by tongsite View Post
    Although it had replaced motherboad and HDD, but it may be RAM or CPU or power or other HW problem .

    If I pay you for abnormal support, but the end found it's the HW issue, do you will refund the money ?
    Of course we would. If the problem is found to be our Hardware, then it's something you shouldn't be charged for. We're not here to fleece customers. We've been around almost 20 years. you don't get there by treating your customers wrong.

    But as you were told in the ticket, you cannot specify hardware you want. We make systems run on our equipment with no issue. if you want to specify hardware, you must ask for a special sales quote.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET_CSM View Post
    Of course we would. If the problem is found to be our Hardware, then it's something you shouldn't be charged for. We're not here to fleece customers. We've been around almost 20 years. you don't get there by treating your customers wrong.

    But as you were told in the ticket, you cannot specify hardware you want. We make systems run on our equipment with no issue. if you want to specify hardware, you must ask for a special sales quote.

    I'm not want specify hardware, I just need a new same plan to replace the existing server. I don't belive the existing server, it happend so much problems .

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,036
    Let's take this to the ticket you have with us then, and you can report back here how it works out.
    Last edited by BurstNET_CSM; 03-15-2011 at 12:57 PM.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    295
    Communication problem from client side. I've been associated with burst.net for a couple of years and they really provide value for money service. I suggest that no one should opt unmanaged server/vps without proper experience as eventually they all end up in mess.
    █ l Host Monsterz Pvt Ltd • Superb Support Network • DES 64 bit Secured Network
    l Linux Shared/Reseller Hosting • Virtual Server • Dedicated Server • cPanelฎ
    █ l Nginx • Softaculous • Fantastico • RVSite Builder • WHMCS • 24x7 Available Server Admin
    l Premium Managed VPS • Reliable & Sustainable • Instant Setup • Raid Drives

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by hostmonsterz View Post
    Communication problem from client side. I've been associated with burst.net for a couple of years and they really provide value for money service. I suggest that no one should opt unmanaged server/vps without proper experience as eventually they all end up in mess.
    I have several servers with burst.net too. At the same day ,I bought two same plan, the first server working fine, but this one can't working. Do you will pay for one server can't used ?

  20. #20
    Hello Tong,

    The best suggestion I can provide is patience. If you're experiencing an issue with one of your dedicated servers, then submit a ticket to their support team asking for help. If indeed they say it's an issue with the custom operating system you're using, then I would suggest trying to fix it yourself (you can try a third-party source if you're inexperienced) or pay the abnormal support fee for them to do it for you.

    Unfortunately, many clients believe that support technicians remember what tickets came through and were closed, and what issues you were experiencing previously. If you continuously open/close tickets regarding the same issue then it will be hard to assist you further as the communication isn't going to be as smooth which will in-turn confuse the technicians. Just a friendly tip -- submit the ticket, and if you don't have a response within a business day, give it a bump and then leave it for them. Most places handle tickets in the order they were received, so the fastest way to get a response is to wait.

    Anyways, I hope BurstNet resolves your issue and I hope you have a great week!

    Kind regards,
    BoastHosting
    Last edited by BoastHosting; 03-17-2011 at 05:02 AM.

  21. #21
    Hi,

    Is the hardware based in the UK or US? If it is in the UK in their European offering then they legally have to give you a refund under the distance selling legislation and sale of goods act (as the service is faulty). If they do not provide you with this then I would contact your bank and discuss charge backs. If the server is US based and not from the EU offering then I don't know where you stand really.

    Regards

    Rob

  22. #22
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    200
    I have multiple services with burstnet data centers (Europe/PA/CA)

    There price is great.
    There support is ok.
    There network is ok.
    There uptime is good.

    Burstnet is a budget provider.
    They have basic free support. if you require managed / SOMEONE HOLDING YOUR HAND expect to pay for it.

    If you have kvm, run memtest. if hardware issue then you have room to talk/refund.
    But if its your own problem. then dont cry about it. Fix it your self / pay someone to fix it for you.

    Sorry if i sounded harsh.
    People come on here flaming bad reviews about data centers and there complete noobs.
    Jon Fatino
    WireSix - Great Network - Great Servers. Great Deals.
    WireSix - Atlanta - Dallas - Phoenix - Clifton - LA

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by wazzgod View Post
    I have multiple services with burstnet data centers (Europe/PA/CA)

    There price is great.
    There support is ok.
    There network is ok.
    There uptime is good.

    Burstnet is a budget provider.
    They have basic free support. if you require managed / SOMEONE HOLDING YOUR HAND expect to pay for it.

    If you have kvm, run memtest. if hardware issue then you have room to talk/refund.
    But if its your own problem. then dont cry about it. Fix it your self / pay someone to fix it for you.

    Sorry if i sounded harsh.
    People come on here flaming bad reviews about data centers and there complete noobs.


    If you don't know what happend ,please shut up.

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by robputt796 View Post
    Hi,

    Is the hardware based in the UK or US? If it is in the UK in their European offering then they legally have to give you a refund under the distance selling legislation and sale of goods act (as the service is faulty). If they do not provide you with this then I would contact your bank and discuss charge backs. If the server is US based and not from the EU offering then I don't know where you stand really.

    Regards

    Rob

    Thank you.

    All of the hardware has been replaced , now it working fine .I'm keeping Monitoring the server.

  25. #25
    I can affirm that their support is awful. Our e-mails to customers who use Yahoo get bounced, not an uncommon issue, and they haven't been able to resolve anything in nearly a month. My ticket (2584567) resembles a soliloquy and calling it in doesn't help matters. When you don't get an answering machine, they merely lie to your face about "responding in the ticket in a few minutes" when all I ask for is a simple update on when we can expect our e-mail to be back up and working (everything's been down for a whole day apparently because they couldn't get DKIM working). Needless to say, we are currently considering other, more reliable alternatives.

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by Honey Almond View Post
    I can affirm that their support is awful. Our e-mails to customers who use Yahoo get bounced, not an uncommon issue, and they haven't been able to resolve anything in nearly a month. My ticket (2584567) resembles a soliloquy and calling it in doesn't help matters. When you don't get an answering machine, they merely lie to your face about "responding in the ticket in a few minutes" when all I ask for is a simple update on when we can expect our e-mail to be back up and working (everything's been down for a whole day apparently because they couldn't get DKIM working). Needless to say, we are currently considering other, more reliable alternatives.
    But isn't it your job to configure DKIM in the first place?

  27. #27
    Not mine, we're a small business so we hire outside help for that. We are managed, but since BurstNet mucked it up, we'd at least expect them to be able to put things back as they were.

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,036
    We mucked nothing up. Yahoo is blocking ips up and down with no way of finding out what is blocked or why. We've been fighting the fight for 6 years but recently yahoo went crazy. We are nOt the only host having this issue. We have had several people dedicated to trying to work with yahoo but they are simply too big to care.

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET_CSM View Post
    We mucked nothing up. Yahoo is blocking ips up and down with no way of finding out what is blocked or why. We've been fighting the fight for 6 years but recently yahoo went crazy. We are nOt the only host having this issue. We have had several people dedicated to trying to work with yahoo but they are simply too big to care.
    Their blocking system is indeed working in a strange way.
    In some cases they could refuse an e-mail at one time, and then accept it a few hours later without any issue.

  30. #30
    i had a similar refund issue with them
    they don't give any refunds.

  31. #31
    Just putting in my 2 cents, but have been with BurstNet for a couple years now and currently have 5 servers. The customer support you get for the low cost is in my view, a good deal. I agree with the previous statement that you get what you pay for. It's impossible to provide immediate customer support when you have a limited number of support personnel. Its one of the basic principles of business, cut costs where you can and pass on the savings to customers in hopes of gaining a larger market share. I have opened my share of tickets with the company and every time, I have had nothing but professional, responsive, and courteous support personnel fixing the issues every time. Anyhow, glad to see the issue has been fixed.

  32. #32
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    93
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottdaleHosting View Post
    Just putting in my 2 cents, but have been with BurstNet for a couple years now and currently have 5 servers. The customer support you get for the low cost is in my view, a good deal. I agree with the previous statement that you get what you pay for. It's impossible to provide immediate customer support when you have a limited number of support personnel. Its one of the basic principles of business, cut costs where you can and pass on the savings to customers in hopes of gaining a larger market share. I have opened my share of tickets with the company and every time, I have had nothing but professional, responsive, and courteous support personnel fixing the issues every time. Anyhow, glad to see the issue has been fixed.
    I agree. However as the Burst.Net is a budget provider, and yet not only provides the basic management (i.e. software updates), but also seems to provide support beyond that, then in that case you (and other Burst.Net customers) surely get more then what you pay for. This deal for those folks who need this extra support is awesome, considering the cost of the management services alone.

    The baseline for budget providers is to only provide hardware support for free, and basically the boxes are self-managed after the initial OS installation. Otherwise the provider simply can't be a budget one, as it has to pay the salaries of all the extra techs to deal with the servers management and factor this into the server's monthly pricing. And that is the way it should be.

    I'm for one prefer to get the lowest possible price for the server. A good server, in a good facility and on a good network, but without the extra cost of all the technical "hand holding" factored into the price, simply as I don't need it and thus don't want to pay for it.

    This "bare metal" approach is also a lot more fair IMHO - if you don't need any extra help managing the server you don't pay any extra. If you need this extra support then you are the one to pay for it (by paying per hour fee to the provider or hiring an external help). There is no hidden subsidy on the account of those who never use the extra support services to these who do.

  33. #33
    If you paid for them ,they still slowly too.

    I had paid for them to upgrade, but it past 24 hours, they not do anything.

  34. #34
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    688
    Quote Originally Posted by tongsite View Post
    If you paid for them ,they still slowly too.

    I had paid for them to upgrade, but it past 24 hours, they not do anything.


    I've never used Burst.net before, so I might be wrong about this. But even if you have paid them, I'm pretty sure it still needs to go the accounting department and depending on the upgrade it might take time to do it.

  35. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by benj114 View Post
    I've never used Burst.net before, so I might be wrong about this. But even if you have paid them, I'm pretty sure it still needs to go the accounting department and depending on the upgrade it might take time to do it.
    But it so long ,past 40 hours.

  36. #36
    48 hours now.

  37. #37
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,036
    Please pm me the order number of your upgrade.

  38. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET_CSM View Post
    Please pm me the order number of your upgrade.

    I had pm you ,and send the ourder number to you .

    How long you will completed the upgrade ?

  39. #39
    still no responed .

    since this experience, I think I had complete lose heart with BurstNET.

  40. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,036
    Tong. You may not believe this but I don't sit and wait for responses on wht on my weekends. I write to you this morning, then took my daughter to her gymnastics and ballet classes. I just got back and saw your pm. I have asked someone to look into it and get back to me.

    I understand your frustration with this, and I hope there's a logical explanation.

    As soon as I know, I will report it back here

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. BurstNET=Bad!!
    By andya in forum Dedicated Server
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-09-2007, 12:21 PM
  2. Burstnet Network Issues. Bad Bad Bad
    By tearbleu in forum Dedicated Server
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-04-2007, 10:16 AM
  3. Nocster / Burstnet = Very Bad
    By Spider210 in forum Dedicated Server
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 12-24-2003, 11:46 PM
  4. Bad Reseller Xelanti / Bad Service BurstNet
    By humbug in forum Dedicated Server
    Replies: 54
    Last Post: 10-26-2003, 06:02 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •