Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: DVDwriter.com

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    590

    DVDwriter.com

    How much woudl you say DVDwriter.com is worth?

  2. #2
    Are you looking to sell this domain? Or looking to buy this domain?
    Or just testing some sort of waters?
    Only reason I ask is that someone that owns this domain wouldn't be asking this sort of question here
    As they already are aware of what that domain is worth and wouldn't rely on this type of forum for this kind of info

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    590
    Im just trying to test some kind of water thats all I do not own the domain or am I interested in purchasing. Its hard to value a domain so getting an idea of what one is worth help value an other.

    You talk like you know the owner of that domain?

  4. #4
    There's lot's of determinations on valuating a domain name, some good articles can be found at the following links
    Some are from 2007 but pretty much the general consensus remains the same

    Domain Info
    Domain Factors

    and a great source for domain info that a lot of the big name domain players is up at
    Domaining

    And as an FYI: dvdwriter.com returns a valuation of about 70K
    Last edited by sfovllc; 03-15-2011 at 12:35 PM. Reason: Forgot to add a sentence

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    590
    Thanks for your help. Thats useful info there.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    590
    May I ask how you came to the conclusion that it values at 70k?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Postmaster View Post
    May I ask how you came to the conclusion that it values at 70k?
    While there is many factors surrounding the value of a domain
    name, each person puts their own value on something.

    There are many many sites around that "determine" through some algorithm, the placement of rocks, and the direction the wind blows
    that will provide you with a value.

    The factors are many, (read through this thread for some links on what determines a good domain name)

    If you pay for an estimate as I said before you will almost always get a high valuation

    if you use tools that the pro's use, then your determination becomes a little more reflective of the value

    In this case when I refer to Pro's I'm referring to professional domainers, (again, check out the links provided)

    What you would pay or I would pay is way different than what 'we' think that value is

    You can see what I'm talking about here, this is just "one" of the places used to determine a valuation of a domain name, and is a little more reflective of true value than a paid estimate albeit not set in stone, and that a lot of pro's use
    Domain Value

    Hope that helps, there is no hard and fast rule

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    NJ, USA
    Posts
    6,456
    I think 70K is extremely high. Maybe 1% of that..
    simplywww: directadmin and cpanel hosting that will rock your socks
    Need some work done in a datacenter in the NYC area? NYC Remote Hands can do it.

    Follow my "deals" Twitter for hardware specials.. @dougysdeals

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougy View Post
    I think 70K is extremely high. Maybe 1% of that..
    To each their own,
    To own a keyword, direct search domain will cost you though

    Toys.com sold for 1.25 million dollars
    then days later sold for 5.1 million

    I'm sure you think that's high also...but as said, to each their own.

    The days of 1 word domain name are pretty much gone, sure you can find them but they don't mean anything, are a specific niche and limited in scope.

    For giggles and grins, check out the following articles
    Someone knew the value of a good..no great domain name and went out and bought it. The return on a great domain name if done right will bring in minimum double what you paid for it

    Top 10 of 2009
    10 Most expensive

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    590
    Quote Originally Posted by Dougy View Post
    I think 70K is extremely high. Maybe 1% of that..
    If you go to www.Sedo.com auctions and see what people are actually currently bidding for domain names I think you will be surprised to see what kind of money people are willing to pay for them at present.

    The market for domain names is growing each year, as more and more companies are moving to eCommerce and there are less and less good available domains.
    Last edited by Postmaster; 03-18-2011 at 06:26 AM.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    590
    Quote Originally Posted by sfovllc View Post
    While there is many factors surrounding the value of a domain
    name, each person puts their own value on something.

    There are many many sites around that "determine" through some algorithm, the placement of rocks, and the direction the wind blows
    that will provide you with a value.

    The factors are many, (read through this thread for some links on what determines a good domain name)

    If you pay for an estimate as I said before you will almost always get a high valuation

    if you use tools that the pro's use, then your determination becomes a little more reflective of the value

    In this case when I refer to Pro's I'm referring to professional domainers, (again, check out the links provided)

    What you would pay or I would pay is way different than what 'we' think that value is

    You can see what I'm talking about here, this is just "one" of the places used to determine a valuation of a domain name, and is a little more reflective of true value than a paid estimate albeit not set in stone, and that a lot of pro's use
    Domain Value

    Hope that helps, there is no hard and fast rule
    Yeah thats true what people are willing to pay and the scientific valuation of domain are 2 different things.

    dvdrecorders.com has an asking price of 120'000 dollars at sedo.com and dvdrecorder.com has an asking price of 85'000 dollars.

  12. #12
    you own only the .com ? if you sell only the com tld go for $900

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    NJ, USA
    Posts
    6,456
    I've been in the domaining world for a few years. DVD Writer isn't worth 70,000 especially with BluRay coming into play.
    simplywww: directadmin and cpanel hosting that will rock your socks
    Need some work done in a datacenter in the NYC area? NYC Remote Hands can do it.

    Follow my "deals" Twitter for hardware specials.. @dougysdeals

  14. #14
    True since it's now an old technology, there really wouldn't be much use of it. So probably should sell for high $x,xxx to low $xx,xxx.

  15. #15
    Id say around $5,000 on a high end. Have not done research on this though.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •