* Incero would not sell me a server [Thread split]

Do not go with them. This is the most unprofessional, impolite, negligent company i've ever spoken to.

I currently have a server Singlehop. I'm looking to move to another datacenter because i want to upgrade to a superior server. I contacted Incero at [email protected] regarding a quote for a server i was interested in.
    This is the email i sent.
    My name is Mike and I have currently finished reading your post regarding incero.com dedicated hosting package on WHT. I have ran some speed tests over your network and received so far very pleasing results. Furthermore, a miniscule of an interest has aroused in me for what your company provides. I would like to inquest a little more and I was wondering whether you can answer my question or two. I currently have a server with a different hosting on a Gbit line including intermediate style server. I was wondering if you can quote me the price for the following specs:
    Windows 2008 Standard Server R2
    Xeon 3440 (8x 2.93GHz)
    2x 2TB Black SATA
    Hardware RAID 1 (Adaptec 2405) (For 2x 2TB Black SATA)
    2x 120GB Intel X25-M SSD with Raid 0
    1 Gbit (with about 34TB of bandwidth is okay)
    32GB DDR-3 ECC (Kingston)
    Dallas, TX SAS 70 Datacenter
    Dedicated VLAN
    Integrated KVM/IPMI/ Control/Remote Reboot
    I also wanted to ask you if I can test your network on a 1gbit line from inside, if that’s possible (Windows 2k8 OS). I have a friend also who is looking for a new home. If everything fits right, we may consider on moving to incero.com. Please acknowledge.
    Thank you,
    Kindly,
    Mike S.
    This is what Gordon Page replied with:
    snip
    Okay, I understand they do not want to deal with possible spammers but insulting the way i wrote my email? That is totally unacceptable.
    But I give them the benefit of the doubt and send this email.

I do not understand what part of that I have written is incomprehensive to one's understanding. I obtained the speed test link from little searching around on Google. http://mrtg.incero.com/test.tar (I tested this with some folks that I know who live throughout America) Also, I do not understand why a representative of a company would explicitly declare an inquiring customer with the title of spammer and scammer. I find this utterly offensive. Moreover, I feel more comfortable discussing these matters via e-mail or web chat. However, it seems that this situation requires me to verify my identification. So please call me anytime today to discuss this further. [my telephone number]
    Thank you,
    Mike S.
    And i just got this reply from him a few minutes ago:

snip
    I am an American citizen, I don't understand which part of my email he did not understand. However, even if English was my second language the company should not reply back with such barbaric and coarse words to an inquiring customer. If it were a matter of verifying my identity i provided the guy with a contact number he could have called. It seems to me this company (or this guy) does not want any new business. Which makes me doubt the company's reputation and ability to manage servers.

Do not trust this company. Stay away.
    Last edited by SoftWareRevue; 03-15-2011 at 05:14 PM. Reason: clean up
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks for the post Mike.

We refuse service to several potential customers each week. We're very selective about our clients, just as you are selective about your host. Your first email read strangely to me, your second email stated you prefer email contact, those are two signs to me that communication could be an issue with the relationship so I chose not to provide you with service. Simple as that, it is not meant to cause offense.

We're a small, financially stable, company (large 6 figure revenues and owning all our hardware), we're not a megacorp who just sell a product to make a buck. I know all of our clients on a first name basis and communicate with them regularly to ensure that our small team is exceeding their expectations. I know that all of our customers are 100% satisfied with our services, and that high satisfaction levels are the result of great communication and customer selection.

I apologize if I have offended you by refusing service.

p.s. ensure that you get WD RE3/RE4 drives at whatever host you go to, WD Black SATA do not have TLER so you don't want to use them on hardware RAID. Also consider RAID10 or RAID1 for your SSDs over RAID0, as RAID0 provides no redundancy.
    Last edited by ServiceProvider; 03-13-2011 at 09:08 PM.
    Dallas Colocation by Incero, 8 years and counting!
    e: sales(at)incero(dot)com 855.217.COLO (2656)
    Colocation & Enterprise Servers, SATA/SAS/SSD, secure IPMI/KVM remote control, 100% U.S.A. Based Staff
    SSAE 16, SAS70, Redundant Power & Network, Fully Diverse Fiber
      0 Not allowed!

What? are you serious? I come to give you my business with such a high spec server(s) and you turn me down just because your first "intuition" tells you that i could be suspicious? how callow! and as for customer relation why don't you just state openly on incero.com and here that please don't send an email because we only accept those who qualify our phone verification process or something? this is extremely unprofessional!! I do not seek to get service from incero.com after i had that little e-mail conversation, but i want to state how ridiculously you are handling your company. Why even bother advertising on notorious site like WHT when you seek only "mutual understanding" type of customers? lol?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aashiqmunda View Post
    What? are you serious? I come to give you my business with such a high spec server(s) and you turn me down just because your first "intuition" tells you that i could be suspicious? how callow! and as for customer relation why don't you just state openly on incero.com and here that please don't send an email because we only accept those who qualify our phone verification process or something? this is extremely unprofessional!! I do not seek to get service from incero.com after i had that little e-mail conversation, but i want to state how ridiculously you are handling your company. Why even bother advertising on notorious site like WHT when you seek only "mutual understanding" type of customers? lol?
    Yes, I follow my intuition on all leads.

Like I said in my email, enjoy your weekend!
    Colocation & Enterprise Servers, SATA/SAS/SSD, secure IPMI/KVM remote control, 100% U.S.A. Based Staff
      0 Not allowed!

You should not advertise on this site if you're so particular about your clients.

Word of mouth would be a better option for you. Or perhaps some sort of referral system for existing customers.

Frankly speaking you cannot advertise on this site and then reject potential customers.
      0 Not allowed!

There is no point on conversing with you anymore.. let the public decide what is right and what is wrong.. "thank you and have an awesome life also"
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by gordonrp View Post
    p.s. ensure that you get WD RE3/RE4 drives at whatever host you go to, WD Black SATA do not have TLER so you don't want to use them on hardware RAID. Also consider RAID10 or RAID1 for your SSDs over RAID0, as RAID0 provides no redundancy.
    I'm very well aware of the speculations of my server Gordon. I "require" raid 0 for my server. Nevertheless, this is digressing from my point of this post.
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks for making my day , but I do agree he could of been a little less blunt about telling you to go elsewhere.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Aashiqmunda View Post
    I'm very well aware of the speculations of my server Gordon. I "require" raid 0 for my server. Nevertheless, this is digressing from my point of this post.
    Server's don't make speculations.

You're a real pain Mike, plain and simple. I don't want to do business with you or your "friend", and for good reason. Sending threats of "damage to your business on facebook and twitter" and then posting reviews on yellowpages is just childish. Seriously how do you have so much time to post all this crap on the Internet? What the heck do you do when McDonlads forgets to hold the mayo?

Thank god I didn't sell you a server, no doubt when your self proposed RAID0 array failed at 3AM you would of caused a storm on WHT!

Get a life Mike!
    Last edited by ServiceProvider; 03-13-2011 at 11:35 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Your English seems perfectly fine, I have no clue how that could have come across as broken English...

Anyway, best of luck to both of you.
      0 Not allowed!

Server's don't make speculations.

You're a real pain Mike, plain and simple. I don't want to do business with you or your "friend", and for good reason. Sending threats of "damage to your business on facebook and twitter" and then posting reviews on yellowpages is just childish. Seriously how do you have so much time to post all this crap on the Internet? What the heck do you do when McDonlads forgets to hold the mayo?

Thank god I didn't sell you a server, no doubt when your self proposed RAID0 array failed at 3AM you would of caused a storm on WHT!

Get a life Mike!

If you're going to treat people like that, on a public forum, I sure hope you realize that you make yourself out as quite an ass.

Just sayin'
    $this->hasFlavr() ? $nom->nom('nom') : $want->doNot()
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Obvious View Post
    If you're going to treat people like that, on a public forum, I sure hope you realize that you make yourself out as quite an ass.

Just sayin'

To clarify I did call the customer after the second email. The number is a google voice number and he didn't pick up.
    Last edited by ServiceProvider; 03-13-2011 at 11:53 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Don't really care what you think as you're not one of my customers. I have 100% faith in the fact that Mike's sole purpose it to cause grief, I wouldn't be surprised if is a competitor.

To clarify I did call the customer after the second email. The number is a google voice number and he didn't pick up.

I'm filing legal action against Mike this week for various slander posted across the web.
    That's the best you can do?

Good luck with your legal action mate.
      0 Not allowed!

Mike and I have resolved the situation by phone.
      0 Not allowed!

LOL! This thread was hilarious! I wish it didn't end so abruptly sweet though! You threaten legal action, then come back and say it was resolved by phone.. Haha.. I can only imagine the phone call. "Your slandering my business mhen.. you better stop that or ima take u to court!"
      0 Not allowed!

Arrow

I've just finished talking with Gordon over the phone and it seems like there was a lot of misunderstanding and misconception between us. Firstly, let me apologize to Gordon for any miscommunication or any type of traducing about him or his company. After talking with him, I have came to conclusion that he is truly a very nice guy. If we had discussed this from start, I'm sure there had been no misunderstandings between us. He explained his reasons for stating 'scammer' and 'spammer' due to the fact of high volume of spam e-mails their company receives. He has also apologized for the use of these words and disrespecting the customer(me) and I have well acknowledged his contrition. Bottom line about incero.com: Gordon has acknowledged the situation and well understood the cause of my action. Incero might be a good hosting, as far as my experience they only accept customers who give off "this might be a good customer" aroma or something of that sort, if you know what I mean.

Mike S.
      0 Not allowed!

Mike and I have resolved the situation by phone.
    Good to hear. I'll be closing this one up then.
      0 Not allowed!