openVZ vs Xen on SolusVM node

Hello,

I already use OpenVZ with SolusVM on my VPS node, i`m building new one and i was thinking about running Xen on it. From what i know it gives more isolate environment. What is your opinion, what platform you prefer Xen or OpenVZ ?!
    And second in SolusVM when i go to create new VPS i see 2 options for Xen.
    Xen paravirtualization and Xen HVM-ISO. What is the difference ?!

Are you using the VPS's for your self or are these been sold as a service to clients?
    - Buying up websites, side-projects and companies - PM Me! -

Xen gives you more isolation since every VPS runs its own kernel and manages its own resources. With OpenVZ there is only one kernel that manages everything - the kernel of the hardware node. Because there are less "layers" with OpenVZ it is probably the most resource efficient virtualization/isolation technology available today.

Quote Originally Posted by iTom View Post
    Are you using the VPS's for your self or are these been sold as a service to clients?
    Selling to clients

If your clients plan to host memory intensive applications, then Xen machines would be the best choice.
    Time4VPS - flexible, worry-free, fast and affordable VPS hosting in Europe.

I'd recommend you go for Xen as now a day many people like xen very much as it is more dedicated like environment. Furthermore, people are now moving away from openvz due to the host frequently oversell the node.
    ControlVM.com :: Cloud Hosting Reliable Xen VPS :: Serving Customer From More Than 40 Countries.
    Hosting Services Available in the USA ● Germany ● Malaysia ● Singapore and Hong Kong

Quote Originally Posted by CH Hosting View Post
    I'd recommend you go for Xen as now a day many people like xen very much as it is more dedicated like environment. Furthermore, people are now moving away from openvz due to the host frequently oversell the node.
    it could be good, to go with xen if your dedi is power full.

I agree with almost all the posts in this thread. I will definitely go with XEN VPS (PV,HVM) as it provide more performance and speed. Xen is compatible with Windows PPTP and not need to install any other software.

As XEN uses it own kernel, you can change to a different one using pygrub and other features. XEN has many great features and that is why almost everyone is moving to it.

OpenVZ can get laggy when the host oversells as the resources are not as dedicated and most customers don't like that.

Hope this helps.

You can check this topic at WHT.

Regarding the PV vs HVM question, Linux VPS can be based on Xen Paravirtualizaion: VPS containers use the modified Linux kernel and you can quickly and easily reinstall the OS using the Control Panel and from the templates.
    Xen HVM - using this technology your VDS looks and works exactly like a dedicated server. You can use it to run any software and build any kernel. You can also use Xen HVM to install any OS from .iso file (FreeBSD, NetBSD, Windows, any Linux, etc). The installation is done via VNC/Java Console and you install the OS from scratch.
    NQhost.com - Flexible Solutions
    Linux VPS, Windows VPS and Xen VDS
    USA, Germany and Russia Data-centers