Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ottawa, ON, Canada
    Posts
    155

    Business License

    Seeing how i Live in Ontario, Canada do i need a Business License even if i wanna start a web hosting company? (I know that i need to Register my Company Name). Just the License part i aint sure about

    Thanks

  2. #2
    If company is privately owned then you don't need.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ottawa, ON, Canada
    Posts
    155
    Well I'm gonna be the owner of the company but I'm purchasing. A reseller account

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    149
    Below is a good link to start and get familiar with all requirements with operating a business in your province. My suggestion seek professional advise if possible.

    http://www.ontario.ca/en/services_fo...ness/index.htm

    http://www.ontario.ca/en/services_fo...06_023541.html
    Hostlumina - Professional Web Hosting Solutions
    Canadian and US Shared Hosting - Domain Registrations - SSL Certificates
    http://www.hostlumina.com

  5. #5
    if you build up your own company so you should purchase it but if you affiliate with some company then you don't need it.

  6. #6
    at my country, register a company is to get extra "trust" for other company to subscribe your business.

    Some do it without register a company too

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Rabaa View Post
    Well I'm gonna be the owner of the company but I'm purchasing. A reseller account
    for such a company license is not required

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Top Secret
    Posts
    11,686
    Read the links provided to you, but do not take ANY advice from ANYONE here as 'this is a lawyer talking'. Contact your lawyer and work things out from there. Too many people rely on WHT and the internet itself as a 'professional' when most are not. Most post their own 'opinion' of things, which will not hold up in a court of law.
    WHMCS Guru - WHMCS addons, management, support and more.
    WHMCS Notifications Extended - Add slack, hipchat, SMS, pushover to WHMCS !!
    Always looking for Linux, WHMCS, Support Desk work. PM for details

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    1,248
    Isn't a lawyer a little bit overkill when we are talking about a 20$/mo reseller account? A lot of resources are available online, and one does not necessarily needs to go to a lawyer unless they can really afford to do so.
    HostGamma.com | HostGamma Europe | HostGamma Asia
    USA, Canada, Brazil, UK, Netherlands, HK, Taiwan, Korea, Japan, Singapore and more

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Top Secret
    Posts
    11,686
    Quote Originally Posted by cycomholdings View Post
    A lot of resources are available online, and one does not necessarily needs to go to a lawyer unless they can really afford to do so.
    Ignorance is no excuse when it comes to breaking the law. You can consult a lawyer before you do something wrong, or you can find out the hard way that you DID something wrong and end up paying a good deal more than you were beforehand.

    Oh, and when using the English language, try not to butcher it next time.
    WHMCS Guru - WHMCS addons, management, support and more.
    WHMCS Notifications Extended - Add slack, hipchat, SMS, pushover to WHMCS !!
    Always looking for Linux, WHMCS, Support Desk work. PM for details

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    1,248
    Hmmm whatever...I repeat that hiring a lawyer is an overkill when one is considering setting up a reseller account.

    English is not my primary language, but I do write and speak 6 international languages. You?
    HostGamma.com | HostGamma Europe | HostGamma Asia
    USA, Canada, Brazil, UK, Netherlands, HK, Taiwan, Korea, Japan, Singapore and more

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    757
    IMO if you are serious about this business then do register your company.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by linux-tech View Post
    Read the links provided to you, but do not take ANY advice from ANYONE here as 'this is a lawyer talking'. Contact your lawyer and work things out from there. Too many people rely on WHT and the internet itself as a 'professional' when most are not. Most post their own 'opinion' of things, which will not hold up in a court of law.
    he is just going to own a reseller, i don't think so he need his laywer assistance.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    LAX, DAL, MIA, ATL, ORD
    Posts
    8,982
    Quote Originally Posted by linux-tech View Post
    Ignorance is no excuse when it comes to breaking the law. You can consult a lawyer before you do something wrong, or you can find out the hard way that you DID something wrong and end up paying a good deal more than you were beforehand.

    Oh, and when using the English language, try not to butcher it next time.



    is Kinected, are you?
    Referring to your custom title don't butcher it either

Similar Threads

  1. Business License
    By E_man3 in forum Ecommerce Hosting & Discussion
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 09-13-2004, 08:21 AM
  2. Getting a Business License
    By Ankit in forum Running a Web Hosting Business
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 03-05-2003, 05:58 PM
  3. Business License
    By cedwards in forum Running a Web Hosting Business
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-07-2002, 07:38 PM
  4. Business License(s)?
    By Rakim in forum Running a Web Hosting Business
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 06-14-2002, 12:39 AM
  5. Business License?
    By DjPaj in forum Web Hosting Lounge
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-12-2002, 03:45 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •