how profitable are 3 caracter domain names

I mean I know there is alot of people out there that seam to think that a domain name is worth thousands of $$$ but most of them are all .com what about the other TLD's like .co.uk or .net.fr or even .org what sort of value does a 3 caracter domain name hold with them.
    Buzzhosting | Shared hosting | Reseller Hosting
    We treat you like a person and not just a number. Custom setup unlike what you've seen before.
    End User Support | SSL Certs | WHMCS Reseller

I have several 3 character .us domains. I paid pretty good money for my personal domain (cph.us) and I got my "blog" domain (if you call it that - dmz.us) at a steal ($25). I have a few others with the same result but over all, I think the market for .us domains is wild and crazy. People value these domains differently; the guy who sold me my personal domain valued it very high because of a personal idea that it was worth that much. The guy who sold me that DMZ domain, didn't care about it, and dumped it.

The other TLD's besides .com's seem to have no pricing structure and/or reason for their pricing. Just go to sedo.com and search for three character domains in some other TLD, then organize the list by price. You'll see the craziness that I'm talking about.

Its matter of time when 3 character ccTLDs would be worth a lot. I remember a few years before most 4 letter .coms would trade for a little more than reg fee but see now not a single 4 letter .com is available in less than three figure amount. Its all about finding an end user whether it is 3 character, 4 letter, 2 word or 3 word domain.
    Aniqa - Support Representative
    █ WooServers - Affordable, Fast & Reliable Servers
    █ 24/7/365 Premium Monitoring & Highly Qualified Staff!
    █ WooServers.com | cPanel Dedicated Server | European Dedicated Servers

There's no fixed price, you're just gonna have to be lucky that the buyer "really" wants it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aniqa View Post
    Its matter of time when 3 character ccTLDs would be worth a lot. I remember a few years before most 4 letter .coms would trade for a little more than reg fee but see now not a single 4 letter .com is available in less than three figure amount. Its all about finding an end user whether it is 3 character, 4 letter, 2 word or 3 word domain.
    It's funny though... have you noticed that people dumping 4 character .com's will practically give them away because they have some "non-desirable" character in them? Check this thread (I have nothing to do with DNF btw) at DNForum... some 4 char. .com's are dirt cheap.

wow thats crazy prices I wonder how well he will do
    I am not interested in doing the reselling trading of names just curious if there was really money in it for those how do it lol it seams to be but also could like someone mentioned above could be a timely thing waiting on the right person to come along
    We treat you like a person and not just a number. Custom setup unlike what you've seen before.

I suppose all 3 char domain names are taken and there are ready projects on them. So In the present moment I suppose that is not good idea to invest in those domain names.

well I noticed that there were a good number of 3 character names out there they just are not .com .net or .org country names and such are available

.co.uk is good because in the UK, the .co.uk domain is very well regarded (equal with .com in many circumstances to the local audience). Other ccTLDs don't quite have the same cachet even with their local audience so may not attract the same value.

I think three letter domains tend to make more business sense than 4 letters, because thing of the number of companies who's name can be abbreviated to three letters...
    Darren Lingham - UK Webhosting Ltd. - (0800) 024 2931
    Tsohost.co.uk - Quality UK Windows and Linux hosting since 2003
    UK WordPress Hosting - Fast, easy, cloud based WordPress Hosting