Thumbs up Host Polar - Review

About a month ago we started looking for a VPS server as we had outgrown our shared reseller hosting. Due to our lack of knowledge we decided to go for a fully managed VPS provided by Host Polar. Not only did they provide us with a cPanel/WHM ready server but they also went out of their way to help install the other programs that we required as hosting provider.

Since our move over to the VPS we have experienced no downtime and the server has been fast and stable. Host Polar have been there throughout to answer any questions we had and to guide us.

We are now moving up to a dedicated server but because of the service they have provided we are going to keep the VPS running for our main site. Host Polar will also be taking on the management of our new server as well.

We cannot thank the Host Polar team enough and would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a VPS.

Thanks for the review

How long have you been customers with them ?
    Fast & Reliable Unmanaged VPS w/SolusVM ★★ Sandy Bridge E3-1270 @ 3.40Ghz pr Core
    OpenVZ | XEN | KVM | VPS Reseller Hosting Program | Semi-managed VPS
    Manchester, UK | Fremont, US | Falkenstein, DE | Native IPv6 | OpenVZ w/VSwap | TUN/PPTP Enabled
    www.nordicvps.com/wht

Thanks for the kind words! We are glad we have been able to meet your requirements and expectations! Looking forward to many months of working with you and fulfilling your expectations!

Quote Originally Posted by HUGOBLUE View Post
    Thanks for the review

How long have you been customers with them ?
    Just over a month. I will post a further review in a couple of months to let you know how things progress.

keep up the good work Justin.

Great job Justin and the team, thanks for the review!

hm glad to hear that you are happy with them.

Support matter much in this field.
    Last edited by no69_2007; 03-11-2011 at 01:34 PM.

AVOID HOST POLAR!

Just thought I'd post to this thread since it was the one that originally got me looking into hostpolar.com. For the record I don't hold anyone responsible, i'm sure it might have been OK at one point

Anyway I work in IT and starting doing some web sites on the side for some clients. Needed a new host so gave host polar a try as they sounded reasonable, answered questions before I signed up, etc. Once I actually got into the service things started going south from the start. First it took about 2 days to get a proper CPANEL login, they kept sending the wrong user name or password. A few bad logins also got me 'blocked' so I had to change my router MAC just to get back in.. lovely.

Anyway, get things setup.. get a client who is close to signing up but wants to see a demo. I create a demo and send him the url to check things out. This is over a holiday weekend. Apparently hostpolar decides to change their DNS settings over said weekend, send out an email the saturday morning stating such and apparently its on the users to update their accounts. I'm out of town so I don't get this until the following tuesday.. site is of course down all weekend.. i apologize to client but damage is done i dont get the deal bye bye several thousand dollars. Complain to host polar that this was crazy unprofessional to do with literally 0 notice over a holiday weekend but basically get nothing.

After this more problems persist. Site is slow or down more than its up and eventually its just totally down. I switch over to Downtown host (so far so good!) and write off my initial 3 months at hostpolar. I start waiting for the time limit to expire so I can transfer my domain over to downtown host (yes learned my lesson, keep domain registration seperate from hosting).

So a month or so later i contact host polar about moving my account, just need the EPP code etc. Find out hostpolar has been sold to an india-based company. The new host polar tells me that they can't move it because they don't have access to old domains yet, blah blah. Week or so goes by I ask again.. now they can't find my user information, need to verify my email. We go back several times with me finally forwarding them the original welcome email with my email address, etc. They go silent.

This was about 2 months ago. A few weeks ago I renew my effort to get my old domain. Since nobody will respond off the original ticket i try to call host polar directly.. number disconnected. I try the 'chat'.. ask for a number to call.. get +44.. india.. ask for a US number. No, sorry no US number only india. Arggh. So i go into chat ask about my now 2-month old ticket. They tell me to submit another ticket? why? what happened to my old ticket? whatever.. submit a new ticket and wait.

I get an email back pretty quick on new ticket telling me that - and i quote -

" Sorry for the delay caused you. Our management they will update you regarding this. Please be awaited."

Shockingly a week passes no further communication. I send an email asking for update and no reply.. just like before. I go back into chat and ask whats the deal. Tech support tells me to contact sales, sales doesn't know what an EPP code is. I ask to chat with a manager, the host polar person justs leave the chat instead. Finally i get somebody to commit to an escalation:

Sales Representative:
    not sure about it as I am not aware of EPP code but I think within 8 hours it will have to answered.

Of course 24 hours later.. nothing. I go back into chat, have to explain my story again. They can't even find my ticket number have to cut and paste the link for them. Get the same message, its been sent to management. Yes, management has had it for 3 months with nada. Finally get Jibby to commit to 24 hours on resolution. That was 2 days ago.. the hostpolar website is now down for maintenance. Looks like i'll have to explore legal options.. if any even exist.

So bottom line i would definitely recommend folks take a long look at host polar before they decide to give them any money or worse yet.. rely on them for web hosting. The fact that they offer no US based phone number is cause alone for concern. For the record I have nothing against india or indians, it's not their fault that they are being put into a situation with inadequate training forced to speak to people in a foreign language.. but at the same time it is equally frustrating for me as a client as i've paid for this service and all I can seem to get is broken promises in broken english. With so many decent webhosts available at similiar pricing i'd say definitely stay clear of hostpolar!