hosted by liquidweb

Go Back   Web Hosting Talk : Web Hosting Main Forums : VPS Hosting : oh burstnet...
Closed Thread

Forum Jump

oh burstnet...

Closed Thread Post New Thread In VPS Hosting Subscription

Send news tip View All Posts Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 03-11-2011, 10:05 AM
Web Hosting Guru

Angry

oh burstnet...

Hi all

Let me firstv say that im not running here to bash burstnet as they provide a very good service.

Though thats where it stops....Supoort... oh my, so yeah burstnet are unmanaged thats fine, though i bought cpanel ( from burstnet ) and came to install it which went fine.

Now when i access cpanel it comes up with licence error, which only burstnet can solve. I submitted my ticket to burstnet, ( oh by the i bought this over 24 hours agao ) and was told i had to wait for sales fo manually do the licence and this can take upto 24 hours, well i am still waiting and no reply back from support nor sales, not even a simple acknowledge of the ticket.

READ: again i must stress that the service in terms of my vps i have with them has been fantastic and still is, though there support is somewhat to be desired.

RANT OVER.

Steve

Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2011, 10:07 AM
WHT Content Curator

Burst has been quite busy on WHT these last couples of days - have you tried calling/opening/or following up with the ticket?

Old 03-11-2011, 10:11 AM
WHT Addict

Have you tried updating the ticket? Sometimes things happen on the backend and it may have been overlooked.

I had this happen with a software license with a company I use. I simply sent a reply to the ticket asking for an update, and had my information quickly after that.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-2011, 10:11 AM
Premium Member

Burst is usually slower with support and sales, they're a budget provider and are quite large, try calling them

Old 03-11-2011, 10:12 AM
Community Liaison

Quote:
Originally Posted by hungry4knowhow View Post
Have you tried updating the ticket? Sometimes things happen on the backend and it may have been overlooked.
He was told to wait for the sales to come in.

You are most welcome to email me at sales @ jonesolutions.com .

Old 03-11-2011, 10:17 AM
Web Hosting Master

Updating the ticket usually bumps you back down the queue for most providers here.

Old 03-11-2011, 10:20 AM
BEST.CSM.EVER

Please PM me your ticket number. Thanks.

Old 03-11-2011, 10:25 AM
WHT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by net View Post
He was told to wait for the sales to come in.
I would imagine though that sales comes in within 24hrs. The way I read it is he had been waiting 24hrs since being told that

Quote:
Originally Posted by tchen View Post
Updating the ticket usually bumps you back down the queue for most providers here.
True, I was just relaying my experience with my provider. In my case it appeared to me that my ticket was overlooked or something and a simple update brought it back to the providers attention.

I should have stated that in my experience I've never waited more than an hour for a knowledgable response/resolution, so when it had been 3-4 hours after sales had come in, I simply sent a reply asking for an update. Minutes later I was taken care of.

Old 03-11-2011, 10:42 AM
The SpamAssassin

I am so confused with these random BurstNet rants, Ive been a customer of theirs for YEARS and have had an excellent experience. Be it that I manage everything myself, there has been a few cases where I had to open tickets and they always responded within minutes and overall very knowledgeable.

</endpostitiverant>

Old 03-11-2011, 10:46 AM
Web Hosting Guru

Hi

I have followed up and replyed to the tickets and with no success.

zccopwrx - Like i said burst have given me a very good service, though with the cpanel licence its out of my hands and in theres, seem as though i bought it through burst.

Thanks
Steve

Old 03-11-2011, 10:46 AM
WHT Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by zccopwrx View Post
I am so confused with these random BurstNet rants, Ive been a customer of theirs for YEARS and have had an excellent experience. Be it that I manage everything myself, there has been a few cases where I had to open tickets and they always responded within minutes and overall very knowledgeable.

</endpostitiverant>
One thing I've gathered from the rants I've read lately is they all boil down to support.

Burst is pretty upfront with the fact that they are most definitely an unmanaged provider. They hinge their low pricing on this fact.

It seems many of the people ranting, are expecting more management than Burst provides. Not aiming this at this particular rant, but just stating what I see in general from these rants.

Old 03-11-2011, 10:49 AM
Southern Yankee

Quote:
Originally Posted by proudbabys View Post
Now when i access cpanel it comes up with licence error, which only burstnet can solve. I submitted my ticket to burstnet, ( oh by the i bought this over 24 hours agao ) and was told i had to wait for sales fo manually do the licence and this can take upto 24 hours, well i am still waiting and no reply back from support nor sales, not even a simple acknowledge of the ticket.
http://verify.cpanel.net and check the VPS IP for an active license, if you find it is active

Code:
/usr/local/cpanel/cpkeyclt
From a root shell to force the license file to be pulled again from cPanel.

Like us on Facebook or follow @hostigation on Twitter

Old 03-11-2011, 12:26 PM
BEST.CSM.EVER

Okay.

• The ticket was opened at 02:59PM on the 10th.
  • Our first response was at 4:40PM that the order was still in sales processing.
  • This was an upgrade order, and upgrade orders can take 24 hours to process
  • The upgrade order was placed at 6:52AM on the 10th.
  • Sales walked in the door at 9AM today.
  • At 9:08AM his IP was licensed (I should stress that I was not aware of his ticket number at this time, so that was with no intervention from me)
We are working on automating the licensing process, but until then, we're only human, and can only do so much in a day (Hence the 24 hour part).

Old 03-11-2011, 01:16 PM
Web Hosting Guru

8 minutes to license a cPanel IP!? Come on Burst!

</sarcasm>

Old 03-11-2011, 01:17 PM
Web Hosting Guru

Hi BurstNET CSM

I totally understand your comments and take them on board.

This has now been resolved.

Steve

Closed Thread