DKIM vs SPF which is better?

DKIM VS SPF which is better.

Do they save you from getting black listed.

or

is there way to send marketing emails to users without getting your ip/domain blacklisted?

Use a email marketing service.

Constant contact and vertical response come to mind. I think Salesforce does this as well.

There is also one with monkey in the name...can't remember. I think that one had a free tier.
    Sajan Parikh - PHP Development | Server Management | Linux Administration | Web Consulting
    Feel free to get in touch with me if I can be of assistance with anything.
    e: sajan@parikh.io | w: sajan.io
    Give me a call at (262) 343-5973.

Neither one is better than the other. They're two separate and different things, though for the same purpose of email delivery.

Why would your IP/domain get blacklisted? Are you spamming?

Use both.
    Use both.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

Quote Originally Posted by kpmedia View Post
    Use both.
    Use both.
    dkim doesnot guarantee you to send emails to any one or guarantee the mails deliver into inbox.

am i right? than how come they are useful for email campaigns

The 'monkey email marketing service' is mailchimp - free for up to 2k names on a list and 12k messages per month.

We use it and it is excellent - the levels of detail in the reports in terms of who did what to the message are superb.

I haven't used any of the competitors but I'd be hard pressed to see what they could do better in terms of function. The only drawback I can think of is cost once you get above the free tier - between 0.5c and 2c per list name on a monthly plan, or 0.5c - 3c per email on pay as you go.

For blacklisting, if you get lots of spam complaints I believe they'll suspend your account, but you won't have your domain blacklisted - but I'd check on this as it's not something I've looked into in great detail as we don't spam!
    Advania Thor Data Centre Iceland - www.thordc.com
    High Spec Colocation and Dedicated Servers, powered by cheap, abundant and 100% renewable energy.
    Enterprise grade hosting, ISO27001 accredited for security, and all at fantastic pricing.

brian.rae@thordc.com

Quote Originally Posted by Brian_R View Post
    The 'monkey email marketing service' is mailchimp - free for up to 2k names on a list and 12k messages per month.
    Haha, yeah. That's the one! Thanks.

I can't believe I described it as "one with a monkey."
    Sajan Parikh - PHP Development | Server Management | Linux Administration | Web Consulting
    Feel free to get in touch with me if I can be of assistance with anything.
    e: sajan@parikh.io | w: sajan.io
    Give me a call at (262) 343-5973.

Its better to go with a specific email marketting service provider, but if you still want to go with any one of them you can choose SPF

Neither SPF or DKIM will keep you off spam lists. Having some of your email recipients report you as a spammer puts you on the spam lists. Some of the spam lists block by IP address, which is shared with every site on your server (if you are on shared hosting).

Getting the server listed on a blacklist usually allows the host to either charge you, or terminate your account immediately, or both, as outlined in the Terms of Service. That's why you should use a commercial email marking service like those listed above. If you have a small customer mailing list and want to self-host it, at least subscribe to a blacklist monitoring service such as http://rblmon.com

Here's HostGator's spam policy, which is pretty typical:
    3.) Zero Tolerance Spam Policy
    We take a zero tolerance stance against sending of unsolicited e-mail, bulk emailing, and spam. "Safe lists" and purchased lists will be treated as spam. Any user who sends out spam will have their account terminated with or without notice.

Please read http://www.hostgator.com/mailpolicy.html for our generalized mail policy.

Please read http://www.hostgator.com/dedicated-mailpolicy.html for our dedicated server mail policy.

Sites advertised via SPAM (Spamvertised) may not be hosted on our servers. This provision includes, but is not limited to SPAM sent via fax, phone, email, instant messaging, or usenet/newsgroups. No organization or entity listed in the ROKSO may be hosted on our servers. Any account which results in our IP space being blacklisted will be immediately suspended and/or terminated.

HostGator reserves the right to require changes or disable as necessary any web site, account, database, or other component that does not comply with its established policies, or to make any such modifications in an emergency at its sole discretion.

HostGator reserves the right to charge the holder of the account used to send any unsolicited e-mail a clean up fee or any charges incurred for blacklist removal. This cost of the clean up fee is entirely at the discretion of HostGator.
    (Emphasis in the last paragraph is mine).

Quote Originally Posted by sysguru View Post
    DKIM VS SPF which is better.

Do they save you from getting black listed.

or

is there way to send marketing emails to users without getting your ip/domain blacklisted?
    Who are you e-mailing?

What are you sending?

Where did you get the list your mailing to?