Lightbulb How many hosts have you had in the last 3 years?

Hello,

How many hosts have you had in the last 3 years? If you have had more then 1, What motivated you to leave to another?

Im looking for insight beyond what I may "think" why a client would leave.

Thank you.
    JixHost | U.S.A. based hosting & support for 8+ years. | Powerful, reliable network.
    JixHost.com | Instant Activation | Trusted by over 115,000 clients served globally.
    █ Cloud VPS | Alpha Reseller | Master Reseller | Reseller | BBB Rated "A+".
    █ 24/7/365 Help desk support | Recurring Affiliate Program available.

Are you just looking for feedback from end-user consumers such as shared/reseller/vps customers or anybody from shared all the way up to colo?
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    Are you just looking for feedback from end-user consumers such as shared/reseller/vps customers or anybody from shared all the way up to colo?
    I was hoping to get feedback mostly from end users on shared accounts and reseller accounts.

Thank you.
    JixHost | U.S.A. based hosting & support for 8+ years. | Powerful, reliable network.
    JixHost.com | Instant Activation | Trusted by over 115,000 clients served globally.
    █ Cloud VPS | Alpha Reseller | Master Reseller | Reseller | BBB Rated "A+".
    █ 24/7/365 Help desk support | Recurring Affiliate Program available.

Quote Originally Posted by JixHost View Post
    I was hoping to get feedback mostly from end users on shared accounts and reseller accounts.

Thank you.
    Ok, I won't comment further then
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

I was with a well known unlimited provider that gets poor reviews and thought I would switch to a well known unlimited provider that gets great reviews. It turned out that my Joomla and WordPress sites didn't run any better (with no traffic), so I moved to a VPS. They were super friendly and spoke perfectly fine English, but that won't power a website.

Quote Originally Posted by TheJoker View Post
    I was with a well known unlimited provider that gets poor reviews and thought I would switch to a well known unlimited provider that gets great reviews. It turned out that my Joomla and WordPress sites didn't run any better (with no traffic), so I moved to a VPS. They were super friendly and spoke perfectly fine English, but that won't power a website.
    and who is that well known provider?

There are several categories of the end users I assume.
    Some of them are looking for the new web host constantly. Some just shift from one discount to another.

Some are loyal users and stay with the same host for ages.
    WebIntellects - Fully Managed Dedicated and Virtual Private Servers since1999.
    WebhostGIANT - LOW Cost Hosting

I've had to switch occasionally on both VPS and Resellers. Not due to bad service (because I do my research) but due to the demands of the business.

If I get an influx of new web design clients on a particular continent, or their projects grow or diminish, then my requirements will change accordingly.

At the moment we're having a push with a new site in the US geared towards the south. If demand continues to grow then we'll have to consider a reseller account to compliment the KnownHost VPS.....and when that happens I'll be reopening my previous reseller account with MDDHosting.

recently i had shifted from dollar2host to site5.com
    I had reseller hosting account with dollar2host (not actually for reselling but to manage my domains separately) but they have massively overloaded servers.So even at 20$ per month i am not getting quality so i had moved my websites from D2H to site5.Till now site5 is good but they charge a 15$ fees to just install a SSL(copy paste work) which i think should be free at least.
    Last edited by DBEW -JS; 03-11-2011 at 05:11 AM.

OK I will answer, as a typical user.
    Well, I've been in this business for over 10 years now so I guess my 2-3 hosts in the last 3 years might be more based on experience than other reasons usual customers will have. I simply know what I need and I know I can pay good price for good services.
    Of course, I often test companies so it would mean being in a stable contract with 2 hosts at once plus 2-3 tests for one month every year or so.

Quote Originally Posted by teper View Post
    recently i had shifted from dollar2host to site5.com
    I had reseller hosting account with dollar2host (not actually for reselling but to manage my domains separately) but they have massively overloaded servers.So even at 20$ per month i am not getting quality so i had moved my websites from D2H to site5.Till now site5 is good but they charge a 15$ fees to just install a SSL(copy paste work) which i think should be free at least.
    by the way you can do it your self, as compare to asking them to install.

I have used only one host for the last three years.

in two years... i've had 5(not including the one im with now) Hosts

Host number's 1,2,3 where shared hosts i had reseller plans with

the reasons i left:
    1, was windows shared hosting very good performance, excellent customer service but was expensive for the resources i was getting access to

2, was an unlimited host i quezzed before signing up and they promised me all kinds, but did fail miserably when it mattered.

3, was a great host offered amazing resources was very fast, had 24 hour support (tested many times at 1-2 am in the morning) unfortunately their custom in house control panel didn't have enough features and any monitoring of customer accounts at all (the only let down with this host really)

The following 3 are VPS hosts

4, was a very good company however when i looked at the larger vps's they where offering i noticed my vps was moving round processors, hard disk size would fluctuate and their support would take a day to respond

5, Their VPS was Slow, very very slow (my guess would be megaly oversold) customer service was excellent, the company offered enough feature/addons to keep most pople happy, used singlehop servers. just speed with this host was attrocious.

6, my current host(clubuptime) I now have 4 VPS's with them one managed vps which does all the web serving,mail,ftp. Two unmanaged that act as dns servers (with cpanel dns only on) and a third unmanaged server configured as a nagios monitoring device.

What can i say read the review i've wrote on WHT (there amazing)
    speed is good, customer service is good, i get what i pay for, they don't keep there customers in the dark

i hope that gives you some insight

joe
    www.JGwebhosting.co.uk - CPanel Control panel, domain registration, Reseller packages And 24X7 Technical support! - Now Taking in Hosting Refugee's

www.JGpcrepair.co.uk - Computer repair, New Systems, Software, Hardware

i have used 4 or 5 shared hosting providers. I tend to leave them when i find bad clauses in the packages such as charging for each domain on the account.

I've been with 1 host, on a shared/reseller plan (started as shared for 1 year then moved to reseller since) and haven't had any problems.

I have share account at hostmonster, in some evenings there is a feel of oversell as page load time gets higher but generally it runs fine;

How many hosts have you had in the last 3 years?

How many hosts have you had in the last 3 years?
    I would say about 2.

I have been with 3 web hosts and still am with them: Bluehost, ASmallOrange and Hostgator.

1 host over the years. The main reason to leave would be due to poor service and/or support. That, or some major price increase :-)
    John Rasri
    Private Label Live Chat Provider For Resellers
    GotLiveChat.com
    White Label/Brand-able live chat software solutions

Quote Originally Posted by no69_2007 View Post
    and who is that well known provider?
    It really matters not since many here on WHT love them and many hate them, so why go there.

With two: Godaddy and now LiquidNet.
    More than three years ago, I was with Shieldhost on a very cheap plan. A year or two after I started with them, they stopped advertising it and started advertising more expensive plans. But they continued to charge me for the cheaper priced one, which was good of them.

I have been with 4 host providers but I am with 3 now I'm with LiquidNet too, so happy with them <3 Fast support, fast speed when access from my hometown.

DICHVU.IT: All about SSL.
    BudgetVPS: Where to find the cheapest VPS Offer!

I have used one shared hosting around 2008 then moved to VPS. Now running own VPS company

30+ and still using many of them. Some hosting companies go out of business and I like to have standby hosting space in case of any problem with a particular host.

2008 - 2009 - HostGator
    2009 - 2011 - LunarPages ( still using till September ... payed 68.8$ for 2 years ... now i have to pay 166.80$ .. Not gonna happen, poor service ).
    2010 - 2011 - HawkHost ( will continue using )

I recomand HawkHost!!!
    Last edited by PublicSB; 03-13-2011 at 03:52 AM.

Three, I think.Totalchoicehosting, Site5, Downtownhost and now - Totalchoice.
    It was a question of stability,recourses/price ratio and the main thing being stability.

I started with a free webhost that had cpanel so I could learn to use cpanel.That was zerozerozero web host about 3 years ago.It was just a little hobby site, but had lots of downtime with them.

I use both Hostgator and HawkHost for my 2 hobby sites now. Will be with Hostgator 2 years next month (April 2011) I will be with HawkHost 2 years June 2011.I plan on staying with both HawkHost and Hostgator because both are excellent hosts.

There doesn't arises the matter of changing the host if the host provides the better service and better hosting plans.

I myself have used maybe 3 web hosts and now I have sticked with the best.

i have had only 2 hosts so far, had to change the host as my site had exceeded the shard hosting solution.