CDNetworks reseller

I've searched high and low (including these forums) for a reseller of CDNetworks CDN and ADN services.

I've used CDNetworks previously and consider going back but the minimum of 1400 GB/month I was offered is just too high to begin with so I am looking for someone who can offer pay as you go (ideally) or a lower monthly commitment (ideally no more than 300 GB)

Thanks,
    Kenneth

The only one I'm aware of is BrightBox, a Rails hosting company in the UK:

http://www.brightbox.co.uk/services/brightbox-cdn

Thanks lockbull, I appreciate it!

It's strange that its so difficult to find a CDNetworks reseller, they even advertise with the program on their website: ...us.cdnetworks.com/reseller

(Sorry about the strange looking URL but apparently I am not permitted to use URLs until I have five posts..

Regards,
    Kenneth

Hi Kenneth,
    Could you tell us what they quote for 1400GB/month?

Thanks

Hi Soroush,

I am sorry, but I can't reveal that for confidentiality reasons.

Regards,
    Kenneth

CDNetworks Reseller

The problem with Brightbox is that you cannot use your own domain, you must use a cname under brightcdn.com. Another reseller is http://www.i5labs.com/cdnIntroduction.html which is more expensive, but does offer your own cname support and net storage.

Any reason for CDNetworks?

Yes, their distribution of POP's match our requirements for a global service. Many of the other popular vendors don't have POP's in Asia and that is a no-go for us. I've tested and worked with CDNetworks previously and their implementation support was outstanding.

Erm... A lot of them do have POPs in Asia. Akamai, EdgeCast and etc.... they all have POPs in Asia as well. Have you looked at their offerings?
    Aaron Ong
    Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
    Servers in Central, East/West Coast USA, EUROPE and ASIA
    Welltodo Century
    - www.welltodocentury.com

Yes I looked at both Akamai and Edgecast. Akamai was too expensive. Edgecast never used their local Asian POP's but routed to California, even when I tested from a country where there was a POP. Their explanation was that "they used the quickest route, not the shortest route", which makes sense, except when you test from the same country where they have a POP. Secondly, Edgecast looks inexpensive when you look at the basic price, but if you add HTTP rules engine and other options, then they are the same price (or more expensive depending on the options) as CDNetworks, where everything is included in the price.

But as I stated, CDNetworks is right for us, might be different for you.

I'm just merely giving you an option. If you're so opposed to people giving you an option, then perhaps you should first state that no other opinions are wanted. Is it really that wrong to give you another option to choose from?
    Aaron Ong
    Dedicated Servers - 100TB Servers - 100Mbps Unmetered Servers - Web Hosting - CDN Network
    Servers in Central, East/West Coast USA, EUROPE and ASIA
    Welltodo Century
    - www.welltodocentury.com

My reply (#10) was not meant in a negative manner. I was merely replying to your comment and stating who we looked at and why we didn't choose Akamai or Edgecast.

CDNewtorks has a very strong network in Asia (it's probably them and Akamai at the top of the heap, Limelight second, and the rest of the CDNs are a definite step down IMHO), which isn't surprising given they are the only major CDN that is located in Asia (excepting the regional ChinaCache CDN). From personal experience and industry chatter, among larger companies that employ a multi-vendor CDN strategy, CDNetworks is a popular choice for Asian CDN traffic. They greatly expanded their reach in the U.S. & Europe with the PantherExpress acquisition, but if your traffic is heavily skewed towards the U.S. & Europe I think there are better options. But if you're looking for a single CDN vendor to cover everywhere and have a high percentage of users in Asia, they're a very solid choice.