Thread: New to Hosting

New to Hosting

Hey, I'm new the web hosting business.I live in Canada, I hardly know anything about it but i am trying to learn more about it. From what i hear the best way for me to start is as a reseller. Now i have read good reviews about ezpzhosting. I am looking to sell 3 Packages. What i need help with is making the Packages. Here is what i have to work with.

DiskSpace = 50000MB (assuming 50K MB = 50GB?)
    Bandwidth = 400GB

Sry if this topic sounds dumb but im new to this

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rabaa View Post
    Hey, I'm new the web hosting business.I live in Canada, I hardly know anything about it but i am trying to learn more about it. From what i hear the best way for me to start is as a reseller. Now i have read good reviews about ezpzhosting. I am looking to sell 3 Packages. What i need help with is making the Packages. Here is what i have to work with.

Bandwidth = 400GB

Thanks
    I'd start by formulating a business plan. Who you want to market too, where the customers will be, and what niche you're part of. This will help determine the size of the packages and the cost for each.

Take a look at some of your competitors websites, see where you need to be in terms of pricing to be competitive and what they offer that you don't, and what you can offer above and beyond what they don't.

for the time being small local business's and regular customers
    Mainly in Canada

for the time being small local business's and regular customers
    Mainly in Canada
    Well, there's your starting point. Do you have any plans for growth? Any long term structural procedures you're looking to build upon? It's kind of hard to just tell you "this is what you need." You really need to do your homework, have a game plan, and try to stick to that game plan. It is an extremely saturated market so the more thoughtful and thought provoking you are in your details the better you'll be in 3 months, 12 months, 18 months, and 144 months.

Thank you for ur advice

Bandwidth = 400GB

Thanks
    Everyone has to start somewhere. Making your packages will depend on a number of factors - the biggest will be the price point needed to sustain and grow your business. We can't know those numbers or how each plan should be configured from here. The best to you in your new venture.
    ProlimeHost- Dedicated Server Hosting & KVM SSD VPS
    Three Datacenter Locations: Los Angeles, Denver & Singapore
    SuperMicro Hardware | Multiple Bandwidth Providers | 24/7 On Site Engineers

Reliability is one of the most important things. So stay away from too cheap solutions. You can use search page of WHT to find reviews that made about hosting providers. I recommend Hostdime. Their plans provide a lot of resource with affordable prices and their suport is fast.
    DomainCart - Domain and Hosting Shopping Cart with Integrated Bootstrap Hosting Template.
    www.domaincart.net - Demo

There a lot of offer on WHT, but becarefull find a reliable price and take deep search about good and bad review. If you are newbie on hosting then i recommend you to take managed and have 24x7 support online.

Now if i live in canada am i still able to purchase a reseller account from say a US company? and my prices have to be in US money or canadian? Also HostDime any good?

You are right - that is the best to start as reseller. However first of all you need to learn the market little bit and then start covering the niche you will find.
    Web hosting is very competitive market.

If you would like to offer 50 GB plans, then you should go for a VPS
    █ l Host Monsterz Pvt Ltd • Superb Support Network • DES 64 bit Secured Network
    l Linux Shared/Reseller Hosting • Virtual Server • Dedicated Server • cPanelฎ
    █ l Nginx • Softaculous • Fantastico • RVSite Builder • WHMCS • 24x7 Available Server Admin
    l Premium Managed VPS • Reliable & Sustainable • Instant Setup • Raid Drives

A US company will charge you in USD and equivalent amount will be deducted automatically from your account when you pay.

Quote Originally Posted by hostmonsterz View Post
    If you would like to offer 50 GB plans, then you should go for a VPS
    A very good point. 50 GB is quite a big plan to offer, mainly because most quality hosts does not allow over selling. Which means if you will purchase a reseller of 100 GB space, you can only create two accounts there.

Whereas, there will be no such restriction in VPS or Dedicated server.

Now if i live in canada am i still able to purchase a reseller account from say a US company? and my prices have to be in US money or canadian? Also HostDime any good?
    If you live in Canada (or anywhere else) you can purchase reseller account(s) from companies in the US, UK, Europe, Asia, China or anywhere else. But the cheapest are the US, I guess.

HomtDime is a good and reputable company. I started with them three months ago and I can't be happier .

Good luck
    IhsanHost - We believe in "everyone deserves "yourdomain.com"
    The Most Affordable Shared Web Hosting, Yet Professional & Reliable.
    Pay for your domain and we will take care of the rest for you.
    Click here to check out our affordable web hosting solutions.

HostDime doesnt offer Fraud Protection or SSL Certificate in their Platinum do i need these or can i run my company without them?

HostDime (and most reseller providers) offer free WHMCS. Once you signup for your WHMCS, they (WHMCS) offer free MaxMind for fraud protection.
    Regarding SSL, HostDime (as I know) doesn't offer free SSL to resellers, but others providers do. you'll need to have a dedicated IP for SSL to work.

Bear in that, those who'll give you free SSL will give you in return smaller disk space and bandwidth.
    Give it a little bit of reading in the offers forum [lovewht]
    IhsanHost - We believe in "everyone deserves "yourdomain.com"
    The Most Affordable Shared Web Hosting, Yet Professional & Reliable.
    Pay for your domain and we will take care of the rest for you.
    Click here to check out our affordable web hosting solutions.

(and most reseller providers) offer free WHMCS
    Actually that is not for free at all and as rule price included into the payment you are paying. -