What is Link Popularity and Linking Strategies

i do have sites but don't actually know what they are. tried to hire SEO and they explain it to me like i do know what they are. so i pretend like i knew. but what actually is Link Popularity and what are Linking Strategies?

In very simplistic terms, link popularity refers to the number and quality of the incoming links that are pointing to your site. These other sites consider your site important enough to link to.
    There are few link strategies like Forum signatures, Submit articles, blog commenting, Article submitting, Guest blogging, Write ebooks, reports, or guides and Natural linking is one of the best ways of achieving one-way linking, I hope u understand SEO now.

As benjohnsonfs said, link popularity refers to the number of inbound links you have to your website. You should register your site with Google Webmaster tools as well as with Yahoo siteexplorer. Once registered, you will be able to see the number of links the search engine finds, along with some other usefull information.
    Linking strategy is the process you decide to use in order to build the number of inbound links to your site.

Quote Originally Posted by enhu View Post
    i do have sites but don't actually know what they are. tried to hire SEO and they explain it to me like i do know what they are. so i pretend like i knew. but what actually is Link Popularity and what are Linking Strategies?
    linking strategies means you just have to build your links in search engine. it can be done by various seo off page techniques. this would make your website on top thus increase sales.

Yes this is absolutely true link popularity basically subject to that your link is much more popular that other sites are getting back links from your site.

thanks for the answers, another thing. how do both of them, differ from Optimization Strategies?

Optimization strategies refer to how you optimize your site for certain keywords. As part of your link building strategy, you need to be considering the "anchor text" you use when creating links. Other on page things such as Title, Meta description, body content etc also need to reflect the keywords you are targeting for your site.

Quote Originally Posted by enhu View Post
    thanks for the answers, another thing. how do both of them, differ from Optimization Strategies?
    Optimization Strategies is composed of things.
    On site optimization which is compose of optimization site title, meta description, site structure etc.

Off site optimization is the bread and butter of your ranking. This is what commonly known as link building. Link Popularity and Linking Strategies is in this category.
    Extreme SEO Philippines - Reliable SEO in Philippines with Proven Track Record
    Also Offer Social Media Optimization Service

In simple words links are just votes given by relevant websites. Google and other major search engines just love these votes and count it while assigning rank in SERPs. Link popularity is just number of quality and relevant links towards a website.