Recommendation for totalserversolutions.com

Good morning WHT, I've not posted in a long while. I guess the majority of us only come here to whinge about our host or ask for recommendations on a new one.

I was woke up this morning by one of my team, to alert me the site was throwing a db error.

First thing I did was open a ticket with the host totalserversolutions, as usual I received a reply within 2 minutes to inform me they're on to it.

It was quickly established that the servers were fine and that there was an issue our end.

I couldn't get hold of my developer and was pretty much screwed.

TSS then added extra logging and helped me pinpoint and resolve the issue. Some funky data had been inserted to the db and our CMS had thrown a fit.

Anyway, long story short, their help this morning wasn't a requirement and as they always have, they went beyond the call of duty.

I'm actually writing this via my iPhone from bed, I felt compelled to post right now, as later I'd likely forget and their incredible service would go unmentioned.

Anyway if you're looking for an awesome server admin or dedicated host, check them out at www.totalserversolutions.com

I know they frequent this place regularly so if you're reading, an extra thanks!

P.s I hope I posted this in the correct forum, I'm still half asleep, half adrenalin filled.

I do find it interesting would you go out of your way to post this from your iPhone but I suppose if their actions moved you this much, why not.

Beyond that, what domain do you have with them? If you don't want to post it publicly please do submit it at http://www.webhostingtalk.com/report.php?p=7329111 to validate your statements.

Thanks for the review, I can actually vouch for their excellent service. We have contacted them a few times in regards to our services with them and they have always answered in record time, no time wasters of there, Alfredo is one of my favorites along with John, they really know there stuff and always seem to find the issues surrounding our concerns.

I can only agree with you that they are a great bunch of people

This might be better off in the Server Management section though.

Beyond that, what domain do you have with them? If you don't want to post it publicly please do submit it at http://www.webhostingtalk.com/report.php?p=7329111 to validate your statements.
    Does not sound like he has a server with them, sounds more like server management, but I could be wrong.
    l Dedigeeks (Twitter) Shared Reseller Cloud VPS Since 2010
    l Leading AU Hosting Provider Multiple locations - around the globe!
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    l www.yourcompanynamehere.com Customer Service Rep. Superior Service Guarantee

Mike, I posted now, simply because there have been several times in the past that I've wanted to post about my experience with them and never got around to it. This morning they saved my ass.

I'm UK based and my coder lives in California. It's likely several hours before he'll be here.

We receive about 25,000 visits a day, so a reasonable amount of rev would have been lost, as well as disgruntled users.

Anyway from my iPhone the link you provided sends me to report this post for spam? Are you a mod and can see the reports? I can't tell from here. If so, I'll update later with my URL. Though Afaik they're not in the game of writing fake testimonials and so I'm not sure why you doubted my post. But alas as I said I'll send my URL once I wake up and at pc later.

@sparrow-sean we both host and have server admin with TSS.

Quote Originally Posted by mobilephones View Post
    Anyway from my iPhone the link you provided sends me to report this post for spam? Are you a mod and can see the reports? I can't tell from here. If so, I'll update later with my URL. Though Afaik they're not in the game of writing fake testimonials and so I'm not sure why you doubted my post. But alas as I said I'll send my URL once I wake up and at pc later.
    I'm not a moderator so I cannot see the reports and it's not about not trusting you, it's about your review being verified so that people can know without a shadow of a doubt that your review is legitimate. Since 90% or more of reviews here on WHT are verified in some fashion it does lend WHT to being a very solid resource for reviews of providers where as without them being verified who is to know how many reviews are just fake/shills.

I am sure some fakes/shills do get through, but we all do our best to make sure that doesn't happen. If you post your domain some of the prominent members here could check the DNS or in the future with DNS history if anybody doubted your review however if you report it a moderator will simply come into the thread and say that the review is verified.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

Anyway from my iPhone the link you provided sends me to report this post for spam?
    It does not send you to report SPAM, it send you to report your domain to verify you actually host with TSS

Quote Originally Posted by Sparrow-Sean View Post
    It does not send you to report SPAM, it send you to report your domain to verify you actually host with TSS
    "Note: This is to be used as a point of contact to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts. Other uses include, post edit requests, and anything you would think a moderator should see or look into."

Not sure what it shows on the mobile interface but I could grab my iPhone and take a look if I wasn't feeling so darned lazy!

Moved > Managed Hosting and Services.

Not sure what it shows on the mobile interface but I could grab my iPhone and take a look if I wasn't feeling so darned lazy!
    In the small print it does state that, but I am going off what you actually noted above to use the report button, not for the purpose of SPAM even though it can be used for this.

@mike ah ok that makes sense.

@sparrow-Sean from mobile version the link says: This is to be used as a point of contact to report spam, advertising messages, and problematic (harassment, fighting, or rude) posts. Other uses include, post edit requests, and anything you would think a moderator should see or look into.

That said, it makes complete sense to have stuff like this verified. I'll report my URL when I get up and have a mod verify it.

Anyway adrenaline levels are back to normal almost, so back to sleep I go haha.

Thanks guys

Sleep well, while you can!

Thanks for the review, it was my pleasure helping you this morning and getting you back up quickly
    John W, CISSP, C|EH
    MS Information Security and Assurance
    ITEagleEye.com - Server Administration and Security
    Yawig.com - Managed VPS and Dedicated Servers with VIP Service

Thanks Mike, finally got some rest

NP John, least I could do, thanks again. I imagine the site would still be down.

I've reported the post with my URL.

Total Server Solutions is a fraud company

I was with your company for almost 20 days and i had been getting a positive impression about your company that is whenever i find my server in problem you guys immediately attended to it, i would like to thank you very much for the same.

Every month i used to pay USD 75 for unlimited support tickets and i used to get support from my old provider, the problem i had faced with him was without his knowledge or you can see due to some malicious script all sites were infected with Script code and i had to come out of him and choose your company.

The few mistakes i did during choosing your company

1. The 99 USD was for 5 hours of admin i never knew that.

I had though went ahead and paid USD 99 initially, while responding to my tickets you were quick and i was always thankful for the same, but there was one serious issue which came from your end itself, the TMP was full and when i had ask your guys to remove temp files he said mysql was corrupted, I dont know the server process so i relied on you guys, from there when i updated your guys they kept on saying the mysql databases are fine only the connecting path is lost which means one file has the mysql and other has databases the connection to both is lost (Ticket ref : 151761 ) and during the task suddenly i got a message that the admin hours are over u have to pay to continue further, for which i have asked clarification and i had got, i didnt get back on it and i had immediately paid assuming you would help me to fix but i really lost all my databases and your team has resumed last backup from my old drive which was 20 days old, i lost very good clients because of this but i still continued.

But when i had issues your guys again started asking the admin hours are over u have to pay, for which i have clearly mentioned that i am out of station please take care of server and your guys mentioned that we will take a look of uptime if its on load we will reboot thats all we would do as you have not bought admin hours, i was fine with it.

Suddenly, yesterday i had faced issue and i paid for admin hours assuming that this hours would be useful for this task which i am facing now, but u r people really showed your real character, by taking the money off you guys just nodded saying this was for the old invoice, when the old invoices related tasks were not done when we said to do then on what basis do your people have rights to take that money, you can access my tickets from 29th april all tickets says u would not do the task as i have no admin hours purchased, then how on 10th of may u can consider the task for the old ones.

I really felt your company as a reliable company but by seeing this attitude i felt you are only interested in taking money than doing work, i feel sorry but i m not intersted in working further i need money back refund please.

Quote Originally Posted by jainjaswanth View Post
    I really felt your company as a reliable company but by seeing this attitude i felt you are only interested in taking money than doing work, i feel sorry but i m not intersted in working further i need money back refund please.
    Thank you for your business and sorry we were unable to meet your expectations. However, you had opened a large number of tickets, and were allowed to consume 20-hours of support time in 20 days which is significantly more than the 5 hours that are included in the admin plan.

You subsequently filed a paypal dispute on the balance paid to which we responded. As with any provider, when you file a payment dispute all work immediately stops. No refund will be issued and we will not be bullied into a refund via a negative review campaign here on WHT. Service exceeding our standard level of service was rendered.

I wish you the best of luck with your new provider.

Give me u r 20 Hrs of logs i ll get this assessed with my other provider, i have seen in u r package just rebooting also you charge, is that u r task, and most of the answers i get are totally unrelated ones, and you count them into admin hours, then i have to value my money. Its an urgent request to refund so that i can choose other company.

The dispute was only filed when your guy first said to pay and they would work but later they refused saying that this was the old due, when the old admin hours were not worked how can old due come into picture.

Quote Originally Posted by jainjaswanth View Post
    I was with your company for almost 20 days and i had been getting a positive impression about your company that is whenever i find my server in problem you guys immediately attended to it, i would like to thank you very much for the same.

Every month i used to pay USD 75 for unlimited support tickets and i used to get support from my old provider, the problem i had faced with him was without his knowledge or you can see due to some malicious script all sites were infected with Script code and i had to come out of him and choose your company.

The few mistakes i did during choosing your company

1. The 99 USD was for 5 hours of admin i never knew that.

I had though went ahead and paid USD 99 initially, while responding to my tickets you were quick and i was always thankful for the same, but there was one serious issue which came from your end itself, the TMP was full and when i had ask your guys to remove temp files he said mysql was corrupted, I dont know the server process so i relied on you guys, from there when i updated your guys they kept on saying the mysql databases are fine only the connecting path is lost which means one file has the mysql and other has databases the connection to both is lost (Ticket ref : 151761 ) and during the task suddenly i got a message that the admin hours are over u have to pay to continue further, for which i have asked clarification and i had got, i didnt get back on it and i had immediately paid assuming you would help me to fix but i really lost all my databases and your team has resumed last backup from my old drive which was 20 days old, i lost very good clients because of this but i still continued.

But when i had issues your guys again started asking the admin hours are over u have to pay, for which i have clearly mentioned that i am out of station please take care of server and your guys mentioned that we will take a look of uptime if its on load we will reboot thats all we would do as you have not bought admin hours, i was fine with it.

Suddenly, yesterday i had faced issue and i paid for admin hours assuming that this hours would be useful for this task which i am facing now, but u r people really showed your real character, by taking the money off you guys just nodded saying this was for the old invoice, when the old invoices related tasks were not done when we said to do then on what basis do your people have rights to take that money, you can access my tickets from 29th april all tickets says u would not do the task as i have no admin hours purchased, then how on 10th of may u can consider the task for the old ones.

You sound like a PITA customer. Unlimited tickets for under $100 is not really possible when it comes to a decent server management company, such as TSS. Hell, look at India server management, they charge $30 per hour.

Sounds like you need to pay more money if you need that much help.
    StableHost .:. Unlimited web hosting done right. Experience the unlimited difference.
    PingThat .:. Is your website down? Find out now with our QuickChecker technology.

Ok! which company is it let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by nerdie View Post
    You sound like a PITA customer.
    Sounds about right to me.

Their website clearly says their $99 "Total Server Management" monthly package includes up to 5 hours of service per month, which works out to ~$19 an hour if you use all 5 hours, which is a competitive rate. According to RyanD you used 20 hours. You effectively paid $4/hour for management from one of the best server managements teams there is and you are now whining that they are money greedy. I'd like to see you try and hire a team of system admins for $4/hour

I have nothing but good things to say about RyanD and the TSS team and I applaud TSS for going above and beyond with this "PITA customer" like TotalServerSolutions goes above and beyond with all their clients.
    Last edited by ramnet; 05-10-2011 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nerdie View Post
    You sound like a PITA customer.
    I'd have to concur. If you're not going to read what you're signing up for then I don't know how you're going to get along.

I've done business with Ryan (WireSix) for many years now and he and the team at Colo@ (owned by TSS) have gone above and beyond for our colo needs each and every time. While they're not the cheapest by any means, quality costs and I'm more than happy with the service I've received from them.
    ThePrimeHost LLC - Serving Websites Since 2001.
    Fully Managed VPS Hosting w/ Cpanel + WHM
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers w/ Cpanel + WHM
    Reseller Hosting with End User Support