DA related question

Hey, i just purchase a vps from intovps with DA .. m using the DA for the first time .. m allocated with 2 IP's. i never use the DA before. how i should add my secondry IP address.. i spoke to the representative at intovps he said that usually secondry IP address is used for nameserver.. I dont understand how the second IP address is used as a nameserver.
    should i have to add like this

NS1.mysite.com IP1
    NS2.mysite.com IP2

Please anyone guide me on this.

Thanks

Nameservers with DirectAdmin is very simple. As long as you have the nameservers and A records set in the DNS zone for the domain, you're good.

In "Administrator Settings" when you log into admin, you can set the value of the nameservers you want, e.g. ns1/ns2.example.com. All newly added domains under the admin account will have those nameservers set by default.

You can add additional IPs via "IP Management" when you log in as admin.

This may also help: http://help.directadmin.com/item.php?id=283

DA is a great control panel. I highly recommend it to everyone. I feel it is a bit under rated. +1 for DA.

Take a look at this site if you're new to DA.
    Http://reseller.site-helper.com/nameserver.html

Quote Originally Posted by fraghost View Post
    DA is a great control panel. I highly recommend it to everyone. I feel it is a bit under rated. +1 for DA.
    Agreed. I wish more hosts offered it, since going direct is quite costly for an end-user.

Quote Originally Posted by WickedFactor View Post
    Agreed. I wish more hosts offered it, since going direct is quite costly for an end-user.
    Indeed. I feel that DA would gain more traction with end-users if the default theme was changed.

DA by default will only add 1 IP. So to add the second IP log in as an admin and goto the IP Manager/Admin you will see something similar to this:
    http://admin.site-helper.com/ipman.html
    Just add your 2nd IP as shown then goto the reseller mode (Link on the right hand corner)and select name servers: http://reseller.site-helper.com/nameserver.html

and check the settings as the above links says. BTW make sure you select the "virtual" checkbox when creating nameservers.

How do you like the theme in the attachment.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails hybrid.JPG  

Just to clear things up, if you're using the VPS for your own sites, you don't have to add the nameservers through the reseller section. You only add nameservers to a reseller should you wish to host resellers with custom nameservers so every account that gets added under that reseller will have the custom nameserver by default.

If you're only using your admin account to add domains/accounts for yourself, the nameservers just needs to be set in the administrator settings.

Quote Originally Posted by Orien View Post
    Indeed. I feel that DA would gain more traction with end-users if the default theme was changed.
    It could definitely use a face-lift. Martynas's Darwin skin looks fantastic.

thanks alot guys..
    Now i have another problem appears select option in DA file manager disabled.
    i download my files through ssh in zip format and after unzip the files. i goto the DA filemanager to move some to anther directory there no option for select
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails cc.JPG  

chmod your files to the user. They're all owned by root right now.

Tuxlite.com Complete LAMP and LNMP script for Debian and Ubuntu.

thanks bro i did..
    now i encounter a new problem
    m getting this error

Warning: Unknown: Unable to access /home/admin/__processed_stats/techshake.info.phplog in Unknown on line 0

Please help me..

You need to describe the problem in detail if you want help. I've not seen that __processed_stats folder before in DA.

Tuxlite.com Complete LAMP and LNMP script for Debian and Ubuntu.

From the screenshot it looks like you might be trying to copy a Plesk installation straight over into a DA setup and expecting it to work straight off?

It's not quite that easy - Please give more details of exactly what you're trying to do.

yeah actually i just try to copy plesk site folder into DA. i dont know what is wrong with this plesk.
    well i just installed fresh wordpress and copy wp-content folder. now its working fine. but the sql messed up. i lost my 2 articles.
    well i will never use plesk again

You can install a fresh WordPress and use the DB that you were using in plesk.

Its not plesks fault.