ioflood.com VPS review

Hereís my almost 2 months review of ioflood.com. I had an unmanaged dedicated server with 100TB.com for over a year. However, after a couple of firewall/mirroring & performance issues, I decided that I needed a real sysadmin. (100TB service & support was great btw). I initiated contact with Gabe at ioflood based on following a few threads on WHT. My initial email chain with Gabe ended up spanning 90 exchanges from 3 January to 15 January as we worked through a custom VPS solution.

Setup Time

I was extremely pleased at the VPS setup time. Gabe assured me that he would be able to get everything migrated, tweaked, and optimized before the next monthly billing cycle at 100TB. Even though he only had a couple of days to work through all of the issues, he was true to his word making the transition from 100TB to ioflood seamless.

Performance

To me it seems like I made an Ďupgradeí from dedicated to a VPS . Performance is definitely much better since I made the change. I donít really have any real metrics to support this statement other than traffic to my websites has significantly increased and the page loads appear to be faster. This isnít a slam against 100TB. Iím pretty sure I never really had the 100TB server optimized to its full potential.

Hereís my custom solution with ioflood. 4gb ram, 2 cpu cores, 400gb raid 10 disk space, 20mbps unmetered bandwidth, semi managed, cpanel , optimization, and 6gb ssd space for my database.

Bandwidth

No complaints here with 20mbps unmetered bandwidth.

Uptime

The only downtime Iíve had is when the VPS was rebooted and I didnít have the configuration file loaded into /etc/xen/auto . Gabe took care of it within minutes of my ticket. Other than that one instance, itís been smooth sailing.

Support

Support is where ioflood really shines. Iíve initiated three or four tickets. Every ticket was answered and resolved within minutes. I had one ticket because of a fatal error of memory size on wordpress sites. Gabe offered to fix it himself or guide me through the process. I elected to do it myself based on his troubleshooting of the issue. His instructions were great, and the problem was quickly solved. It is such a relief to have capable professionals taking care of my sites.

Conclusion

I was a tad hesitant to switch from 100TB to ioflood. Ioflood didnít really have much of a track record, and my sites are fairly important to me. The thing that attracted me to ioflood was his niche of handling high bandwidth/resource usage sites. There is nothing cookie-cutter about iofloodís custom VPS plans. Cost was not the determining factor in my choice of ioflood. To be completely honest, I never bothered to compare Gabeís solution to other offerings on WHT. It is a nice benefit though that the cost was substantially less than what I was paying at 100TB.

If you have high resource/bandwidth sites that are important to you, I highly suggest you check out ioflood.com and ask them for a custom solution. Overall rating a solid 10/10.

Great review and that's one nice VPS set up you have there. ioflood is definitely on my list of VPS providers to try.

My initial email chain with Gabe ended up spanning 90 exchanges from 3 January to 15 January as we worked through a custom VPS solution.
    Building a VPS or a space shuttle?
    You will only find out how good a provider is when the going gets tough

Haha, good one dothostel. As you can tell, I asked a ton of pre-sales questions before I committed moving my sites over to ioflood. Kudos to Gabe for having the patience and professionalism working through my solution. There were quite a few times I had to ask him to explain things to me as if I were a 5th grader. Because I couldn't find out much info on ioflood, I really wanted to make sure this would be a good fit.

Not surprised to hear that you're pleased with ioflood. Gabe really does go the extra mile.

Nice review, glad you are having a great experience. +1 Gabe.

great review, and +1 for gabe.

Hello,

Thank You for your review, please let us know more when another 3 months have passed or less/more.

+1 for Gabe. Currently have a dedicated server with him but will wait until the 6 month mark to write a review

glad to hear you've enjoyed our service Look forward to working with you for a long time to come
    Phoenix Dedicated Servers -- IOFLOOD.com
    Email: sales [at] ioflood.com
    Backup Storage VPS -- 1TBVPS.com

Quote Originally Posted by computerwis View Post
    Hello,

Thank You for your review, please let us know more when another 3 months have passed or less/more.
    I'll definitely update my review in the coming months. WHT reviews have been a great resource for me, so I hope this review helps others.

On a side note, I had some issues with my primary ecommerce site on a different host. I shot Gabe an email asking for his opinion on possibly moving this site to my VPS at ioflood. On a Saturday, Gabe responded to my email within a couple of minutes. Gabe and one of his techs, David, came up with a suitable solution to migrate all of my ecommerce sites over to ioflood with low to no downtime. Long story short, Gabe came through for me on a weekend, and I didn't miss a single online order! Fantastic customer service.

Thanks for taking the time to post the review.

One of the better reviews out there. My only suggestion would be that if your sites' performance is important to you that you establish some metrics and baselines. Otherwise it's hard to quantify any improvements (or issues if performance drops).