THRUST VPS GOOGLE REDIRECTION ISSUE

Hi,

I have a vps server in Dallas with the provider Thrust and running Windows server 2008. Since more than 1 month when I connect to the website www.google.com my firefox browser is automatically redirected to google.co.id which is in Indonesia, that's really bad. This redirection is probably due to the fact Google geo location services can not identify correctly the source IP address of the vps in Dallas (probbaly all source IP subnets of vps in Dallas are badly localized by Google geo services.
    Are there anybody who have vps servers in East Coast and West Coast with Thrust to check if www.google.com is well pointed to google US or redirected to another Google domain name ?

Thanks

have you ask them about this issue?

yeah Thrust has opened a ticket with google about this issue, but it can take months before it can be solved.
    I am just wondering if this redirection issue is also found in East Coast and West Coast with Thrust ?

Thanks

Are there anybody who have vps servers in East Coast and West Coast with Thrust to check if www.google.com is well pointed to google US or redirected to another Google domain name?
    same here. If I use an English version of Firefox, I get redirected to .com. when I use the Dutch version, I get redirected to .nl

your case is normal as you use the language, but I use English version of Firefox and it is automatically redirected to Indonesia in the Thrust vps in Dallas.
    Is your vps located in East Coast or West Coast ?

Quote Originally Posted by ziu72 View Post
    yeah Thrust has opened a ticket with google about this issue, but it can take months before it can be solved.
    I am just wondering if this redirection issue is also found in East Coast and West Coast with Thrust ?

Thanks
    weird, never had problem like this before, but if google said that, what can we do? maybe you can use proxy, vpn, or change your browser maybe, if you want to access google.com

of course there is workaround, just type www.google.com/ncr and you are pointed to google.com
    I just want to know, if there are any people who are using Thrust vps in East Coast and West Coast and having this issue or not ?

Thanks

http://www.google.com/ncr

ncr = no country redirect = you won't be redirected.

In the last month Google messed up a bunch of GeoIP settings and suddenly started sending a few of our IP's to google hong kong and google indonesia.

Youtube still works fine though as if the IPs were in the US so go figure

Hopefully the Google people will fix whatever change they made to break country-code redirections.

Edit: looks like ziu72 beat me too it
    RAM Host -- USA Premium & Budget Linux Hosting
    █ Featuring Powerful cPanel Shared Hosting
    █ & Premium Virtual Dedicated Servers
    Follow us on Twitter

Thanks for your feedbacks. Yep, I see this issue appears since more than 1 month, and I try solve it with Thrust support, but no success until now, a ticket has been opened to Google to localized properly the IP ranges of Thrust.
    Strange, when I register with Youtube, it is also Indonesia in the first selection, I have manually set to US. I think Youtube is also affected because Youtube also uses Google services.
    If someone has Thrust vps in East Coast and West Coast and check this issue. But I think it is also affected, just a confirmation will be great.

Thanks

Google country detection is terrible. It places LeaseWeb in France and I think BurstNET in Indonesia.

wow, it looks like the issue with google geo services is general.
    Different geo tools like http://geo.flagfox.net/ is pointing correctly
    I am looking for vps providers who does not have this issue, I need 3-5 vps running microsoft windows, any recommendations are welcomed.

Thanks

Different geo tools like http://geo.flagfox.net/ is pointing correctly
    I am looking for vps providers who does not have this issue, I need 3-5 vps running microsoft windows, any recommendations are welcomed.

Thanks
    Actually it is a Google issue, not a provider issue.
    You will only find out how good a provider is when the going gets tough

sure it is google issue, obviously some vps providers won't have this issue with google.

sure it is google issue, obviously some vps providers won't have this issue with google.
    Please, understand Google is causing issues. Any provider may be effected anytime.

PS: In fact, providers are not effected at all. Google is causing issues for its own apps.

you're right, but google apps is based on the source IP address to detect the location, so it is related to the vps providers who should do their best to solve this issue quickly for the customers.
    Google provides a link to report this issue, but it could take months before it could be solved, http://www.google.com/support/websea....py?answer=873

/unsubscribe