Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    46

    SAN access pricing?

    What do you see typically being charged for SAN access in datacenters?
    I know this may vary depending on the quality of the SAN, but what is the typical range?
    IE: A small cloud setup with a few hypervisors and we want to connect it to the DC's SAN (this would of course require a higher performance SAN than for backup purposes).

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    147
    Quote Originally Posted by affordaservers View Post
    What do you see typically being charged for SAN access in datacenters?
    I know this may vary depending on the quality of the SAN, but what is the typical range?
    IE: A small cloud setup with a few hypervisors and we want to connect it to the DC's SAN (this would of course require a higher performance SAN than for backup purposes).
    $0.50-$2.00 per GB (depends upon DC and volume of space you commit)
    MicraHosting : Peer1 Los Angeles Data Center
    Colocation and Dedicated Hosting

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by sakhani View Post
    $0.50-$2.00 per GB (depends upon DC and volume of space you commit)
    And quality of the SAN.
    Jay

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Cincinnati
    Posts
    1,583
    Are you looking for connectivity over iSCSI of Fibre Channel? iSCSI will be rather cheap while FC will cost you decent chunk. Not to mention the HBA for FC are pricey.
    'Ripcord'ing is the only way!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    3,513
    Quote Originally Posted by jayglate View Post
    And quality of the SAN.
    Yeh but don't assume the high price always means better quality
    - Buying up websites, side-projects and companies - PM Me! -

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Orlando, FL
    Posts
    1,063
    Quote Originally Posted by iTom View Post
    Yeh but don't assume the high price always means better quality
    This is good advice. Years ago I worked at a chopshop hosting company that was using Dell 2900's with CentOS/iSCSI project loaded and selling them as SANs. As soon as we got our first big customer, it fell to its knees. The customer found out what they were paying for wasn't a real SAN and wasn't happy. Needless to say we were charging him A LOT!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    46
    Quote Originally Posted by Visbits View Post
    Are you looking for connectivity over iSCSI of Fibre Channel? iSCSI will be rather cheap while FC will cost you decent chunk. Not to mention the HBA for FC are pricey.
    It will be over iSCSI

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-14-2010, 04:34 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-30-2010, 02:26 PM
  3. Need VPS Host in San Fran/Oakland/San Jose Area
    By moloki in forum VPS Hosting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-02-2007, 01:22 PM
  4. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-02-2006, 05:22 PM
  5. Replies: 27
    Last Post: 05-11-2005, 04:43 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •