Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Maidenhead/United Kingdom
    Posts
    437

    Post Signatures right?

    Recently I purchased a dedicated server on hivelocity.net and they didnt send any welcome email or anything after charge was made so I went and asked :Why you dont send nothing? and they said the order was in verification and I said verification of what if you have already collected the money from my bank account?.Well they told me to wait for 12 hours but after that time they didnt send no server.
    Well after 12 hours it came to us an email of them demanding for us to send them a hand written signature in a paper ,plus a copy of our credit card,plus a copy of our legal id.
    First of all I think money is enough for the business and meanwhile they get the money effectively for us thats just that,we think that sending signatures over the internet can lead to plenty of disgraces legally and in the overall is not the righteous thing to do far more stating that hivelocity.net do not have on their website any sort of warning that all this requirenments are gonna be demanded after the charge is done and for this reason I dont think is right,because if I had seen on their website a warning that they needed written signatures theres no way on earth I would have compleated the charge ,but please let me know you guys here at WHT comunity if sending signatures for dedicated servers is right and if all of you do it,since is my first dedicated server I dont know if all of you have sent signatures for your dedicated servers please DO carify me brothers and sistars.

    Well in case all of you do,ye it can be true that hivelocity.net are in their own right to have their policies as they want them 2 be whichever they want them to be but I also think that your right ends where the right of the neighbour starts and for this reason I think that they can have policies but in case the consumer dont tolerate this policies because they could be abuse they dont have any right to punnish like they tried to punnished us by telling us that they had a very important reputation on the internet to take care of and had invested so much money and also had like thousands of customers and for this reason they could not put that in to risk for the little amount of money that our dedicated server costed and this is to us not a good resource because they are trying to humilliate us because we just dont think sending signatures over the internet is right ,and this is other took off that I just dont think that comes included fairly in their right of having policies.

    To us if I give you money you give me honey and if you dont want to provide the honey you have to give money back and this is where we are at with hivelocity.net because is so far 5 days and the money refund hasnt reached our bank account yet.

    Please let us know folks at WHT what you think about this signature thing,is important for us what you think of it
    Last edited by grizzled; 03-08-2011 at 07:34 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    LAX, DAL, MIA, ATL, ORD
    Posts
    8,982
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzled View Post
    Recently I purchased a dedicated server on hivelocity.net and they didnt send anywelcome email or anything after charge was made so I went and asked :Why you dont send nothing? and they said the order was in verification and I said verification of what if you have already collected the money from my bank account?.Well they told me to wait for 12 hours but after that time they didnt send no server.
    Well after 12 hours it came to us an email of them demanding for us to send them a hand written signature in a paper ,plus a copy of our credit card,plus a copy of our legal id.
    First of all I think money is enough for the business and meanwhile they get the money effectively for us thats just that,we think that sending signatures over the internet can lead to plenty of disgraces legally and in the overall is not the righteous thing to do far more stating that hivelocity.net do not have on their website any sort of warning that all this requirenments are gonna be demanded after the charge is done and for this reason I dont think is right,because if I had seen on their website a warning that they needed written signatures theres no way on earth I would have compleated the charge ,but please let me know you guys here at WHT comunity if sending signatures for dedicated servers is right and if all of you do it,since is my first dedicated server I dont know if all of you have sent signatures for your dedicated servers please DO carify me brothers and sistars.

    Well in case all of you do,ye it can be true that hivelocity.net are in their own right to have their policies as they want them whichever they want them to be but I also think that your right ends where the right of the neighbour starts and for this reason I think that they can have policies but in case the consumer dont tolerate this policies because they could be abuse they dont have any right to punnish like they try to punnished us by telling us that they had a very important reputation on the internet to take care of and had invested so much money and also had like millions of customers and for this reason they could not put that in to risk for the little amount of money that our dedicated server coasted and this is to us not a good resource because they are trying to humilliate us because we just dont think sending signatures over the internet is right ,and this is other took off that I just dont think that comes included in their right of having policies.

    To us if I give you money you give me honey and if you dont want to provide the honey you have to give money back and this is where we are at with hivelocity.net because is so far 5 days and the money refund hasnt reached our bank account yet.

    Please let us know folks at WHT what you think about this signature thing
    Quite honestly its a typical procedure, most data cents where you are renting/collocating require and id, credit card, id and signature of agreement.
      0 Not allowed!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,904
    Providing proof of identification is normal. What hivelocity did is completely okay and general practice is many instances. Sending them the documents they asked for would be perfectly safe and is just a verification method they use.

    If you don't want to do that, ask them for a refund. Keep in mind a refund can take as long as 10 business days to process.
      0 Not allowed!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Maidenhead/United Kingdom
    Posts
    437
    Thats why Im asking you guys because if is right like I said trying to humilliate us because the money from our server is too little compared to what they invest,to us what they invest is their problem and they should leave it off with that sort of humilliation because the way it should be is like... well is ok you dont accept our policies is ok then I have to give your refund,but is very diferent the way they take things because they say:if you dont accept our policies then your money is nothing NO,If they tell us that as they did- if our money is nothing then they have to give full refund.
    Sure because I bet that our money will be something for other host
    Last edited by grizzled; 03-08-2011 at 07:53 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,904
      0 Not allowed!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    16,087
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzled View Post
    Thats why Im asking you guys because if is right like I said trying to humilliate us because the money from our server is too little compared to what they invest,to us what they invest is their problem and they should leave it off with that sort of humilliation because the way it should be is like... well is ok you dont accept our policies is ok then I have to give your refund,but is very diferent the way they take things because they say:if you dont accept our policies then your money is nothing NO,If they tell us that as they did- if our money is nothing then they have to give full refund.
    Sure because I bet that our money will be something for other host
    Nobody is trying to humiliate you, they're simply trying to cover their rears against chargebacks/disputes as well as protect YOU from identity theft. If you were an identity thief and you had somebody else's information the chances of you actually having a physical credit card and photo ID is slim to none. It does happen, but it's very unlikely.

    The same thing can happen when you go to your grocery store, they may ask to see the credit card to verify your signature and they may ask to see your ID to verify that you are the person whose name is on the card. I doubt you'd throw a fit about it in a grocery store so I'm not sure why you'd complain about a data center doing the same thing.

    If you don't like it, simply request a refund and move on with your life.
    Last edited by MikeDVB; 03-08-2011 at 08:01 PM.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/
      0 Not allowed!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Maidenhead/United Kingdom
    Posts
    437
    Thank you very much brother Noppix because thats a question I made to them telling them that my bank said that meanwhile they didnt have the money retained the refund would flow,thats why I wrote to them asking them well..knowing that you dont have our money retained how long will it take our refund to be visible in our account and they didnt reply nothing at all maybe it was because my first question covered this vaguely but it is very diferent the fact of knowing that meanwhile the money is not retained or kept by the seller the refund should flow,in objective way I didnt know how long in terms of days and it seems that hivelocity.net feels offendeed by anything of ours thats why they dont give this info that very gently I found out about thanks to Noppix
      0 Not allowed!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Maidenhead/United Kingdom
    Posts
    437
    Look Mike DVB we dont state things vainly,the way they did put things was in humilliating fashion,for in order to make sense the way you say it should be pretty much like this are our policies for orders,do you agree to them?

    And that is that ,all the left hanging thing is out of order and we are not mental to know credit card charges on the internet can be dangerous but we rather take it like this than sending signatures that to us are nobody's business on the internet.

    Identity theft for us is a non important issue because in case something like that happens our bank has procedures to investigate about the money and can give us in very little amount of time other credit card so to us this are requirenments that make no sense but we respect your point of view

    Sending signatures for us is other thing compleately diferent but that is our pont of view like I said
    Last edited by grizzled; 03-08-2011 at 08:17 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    16,087
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzled View Post
    Look Mike DVB we dont state things vainly,the way they did put things was in humilliating fashion,for in order to make sense the way you say it should be pretty much like this are our policies for orders,do you agree to them?
    Having used HiVelocity in the past, even just for a short period, I had to do the same paperwork and felt in no way like I was being humiliated. I've had to do similar paperwork for almost every provider I've ever used for dedicated servers.

    Quote Originally Posted by grizzled View Post
    And that is that all the left hanging thing is out of order and we are not mental to know credit card charges on the internet can be dangerous but we rather take it like this than sending signatures that to us are nobody's business on the internet.
    Not quite sure what you're saying but honestly if you don't trust the provider with the information they've requested then perhaps you should simply find another provider?

    Quote Originally Posted by grizzled View Post
    Identity theft for us is a non important issue because in case something like that happens our bank has procedures to investigate about the money and give us in very little amount of time other credit card so to us this are requirenments that make no sense but we respect your point of view
    So you may not be worried about the perpetuation of identity theft due to a lack of procedures and policies by many providers but perhaps HiVelocity is. Beyond that, it's to protect them as well and not only you.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/
      0 Not allowed!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Maidenhead/United Kingdom
    Posts
    437
    Well about me like I said Mike Dvb my choice for protection is not sending signatures and my bank can back up that giving me other card the very same day
      0 Not allowed!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Off grid in Tn
    Posts
    261
    Was not in any of the companies I signed up for, but I was required to do this even for a colocated server. Its their way of cya both for you and them. Its not humiliating, its business.
    Sasquatch Hosting, Inc
    Check out our new look and packages!!

    White Hot Arcade
    Stop and play some fun arcade games for when its time to relax!
      0 Not allowed!

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Indiana, USA
    Posts
    16,087
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzled View Post
    Well about me like I said Mike Dvb my choice for protection is not sending signatures and my bank can back up that giving me other card the very same day
    Then simply find another provider. Posting about this here isn't going to do you any good because it's normal business practice.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/
      0 Not allowed!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Maidenhead/United Kingdom
    Posts
    437
    Well now that I have been pretty much enlightened by WHT community and know this is a typical procedure for dedicated servers I ask a moderator to please close this thread
      0 Not allowed!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    5,177
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzled View Post
    Well now that I have been pretty much enlightened by WHT community and know this is a typical procedure for dedicated servers I ask a moderator to please close this thread
    As you wish.

    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.
      0 Not allowed!

Similar Threads

  1. Signatures.
    By Artashes in forum Web Hosting Lounge
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-13-2004, 03:42 PM
  2. Signatures
    By Artashes in forum WHT Announcements, Feedback and Questions
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: 10-23-2003, 04:22 AM
  3. Signatures
    By Perfecthost in forum WHT Announcements, Feedback and Questions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-17-2003, 10:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •