* 2HourServers.net - Simply Amazing! - 3 Months VPS Review!

I transferred to 2HourServers.Net for their XEN VPS (with WHT, special recurring discount) almost 3 months ago from an OpenVZ plan which I had with Virpus.

Before I talk further about my experiences with 2HourServers I want to tell you about the vps specs.

The plan I am on includes:

1. Semi-managed or Basic managed support,
    2. Powered by 8 Cpu Cores,
    3. 4GB of guaranteed RAM + 4GB of Swap Ram,
    4. 150GB of disk space,
    5. 4000GB of bandwidth + free incoming on a 100Mbps shared port,
    6. Nightly Backups to offsite location,
    7. 2 IP addresses,
    8. Cpanel Unlimited License powered by Solus VM on the XEN platform.
    9. DDOS Protected VPS

The actual node specs:

Xeon Dual Quad Core Processor with at least 24GB Ram and includes the usual 99.9% uptime guarantee, 24x7x365 technical support and A 30 day prorated money back guarantee/refund.

The Review

At first when I was looking around the forum for a better host I found several offers that were really enticing but in the end I ended up choosing 2HourServers, a relatively new host. Why? To be absolutely honest, because of the pre sale service from customer care + the plan itself.

Before signing up I went ahead and opened a ticket to consult with them which platform to choose as they offer both OpenVZ and XEN servers at the exact same price. Their customer service replied within at most 8 mins later with the exact pros/cons of OpenVZ vs XEN. I went ahead and made the decision to go with Open VZ for my plan. After ordering my server and making the payment through Paypal, I instantly received the details of my new VPS server at my Inbox!

Being a basic manged or semi managed service I was confused about who is about to make the transfer of my existing blog. I instantly went ahead and contacted them in a new ticket with the details of my account and almost immediately received that my sites are being transferred now.

After the transfer was over they informed me again through the ticket that the transfer was done. Since I am kinda new to vps I requested them if they could set up my cpanel for first usage and set up reverse dns. They replied instantly minutes later with the news that they have done so already!

After that I again requested the support if they can point me in the right direction on how to install CSF firewall prerequisites and they replied me with the links on how to install the prerequisites and also told me that they can do this for me as well since work load is much lower. So they did!

Two days later, with everything set up so smoothly I went ahead and read a bit more about XEN vs OpenVZ and found out that my some of my requirements with SysCTL tuning requires XEN platform to be available and not Open VZ. So I requested customer support if it would be possible to do so now. Again, just after minutes they wanted confirmation that I want to transfer my existing OpenVZ VPS to XEN. After I reassured them, they immediately started transferring my existing VPS to a new node which offers XEN.

After a few hours they again contacted me and updated me with the new IPs and other related details. They also transferred the files in the mean time to the new node, free of charge yet again.

They again set up the entire process before I could utter - can you set up this or that etc. It is just unbelievable at times how much support they provide with a semi managed plan. When I first signed up they did not have a back up solution ready, however, once they had it ready they took the time to email and update me about how to set up remote central backup through SolusVM.

Anyway, after a month of amazing hosting uptime there was once a secondary issue with my port speed. It could not effectively push the speed over 11MBPS, so I contacted them and they in turn checked things out with their upstream provider and fixed it within one hour. There was no downtime involved in this process, in fact, for the last three months the server have experienced zero downtime from their end and is now up for over 50 days and 4 hours approx.

In my long experience with cheap yet quality oriented hosting companies, I can honestly say that 2HourServers offers the biggest bang for the bucks I ever spent in my life. It is almost a fully managed plan with 24/7 support (that replies almost instantly whatever the time is at your place or theirs), loads and loads of RAM + disk space + bandwidth + backup + refund + upgrades.

For anyone really frustrated with their uptime and customer service, I recommend you give them a go because once you do you will know what I am sooooooooooo excited about.

My Verdict:

So far, on a scale of 0 to 10 I will rate 2HourServers with a full 10 points any day of the week. Honestly, they fulfill everything you can want and hope for on a top notch host at the price of a really cheap one. Hopefully this will continue throughout the months and years to come. I will definitely post another review after a few months.
    Last edited by Chaos Inc; 03-08-2011 at 04:57 PM.

Btw I host my blog - Chaos Inc. with them - forgot to mention that lol

Thank you for your review. We are glad that you are happy with the services we provide. We will continue to do our best to make your hosting experience the best possible.

2HS - I've seen nothing but good things bout them,

They are new right?

Quote Originally Posted by 2hourservers View Post
    Thank you for your review. We are glad that you are happy with the services we provide. We will continue to do our best to make your hosting experience the best possible.
    And I am gald to hear that you've got a good review, keep up the good services.

Absolutely @semoweb I surely will

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronn View Post
    2HS - I've seen nothing but good things bout them,

They are new right?
    Well, now you do Aaronn This is the reason I posted the review as well. I am really satisfied with them so far!

Quote Originally Posted by 2hourservers View Post
    Aye thanks. you deserve nothing less and I surely hope that the future ahead is identical to the way you treat your customers now

Great review. Extremely detailed. They sound like a fantastic company to go with for a VPS.

Good luck with them!

Perfect review for the members of WebHostingTalk to read. I hope you will continue to have the excellent service!

Yes, I have heard that 2HourServers is one of the best companies to buy performance vps and always have helpful team of support members. I recommend them to everyone based on the reviews here.

@Chaos - I hope you will plan to write another review because this is very interesting to read about .

Did you happen to hang around IMW a few years ago? Your username seems familiar.

Anyway, I'm glad you finally found a good home. Please do keep us filled in. It will be interesting to see if the service level stays consistent over time.
    AudioProbe.net - Playing the best music from the 70s, 80s, 90s, 00s, and more...
    Commercial free, high quality 192kb/s, and firewall friendly port 80!
    Look for us in the iTunes Radio directory under Adult Contemporary

Quote Originally Posted by computerwis View Post
    Perfect review for the members of WebHostingTalk to read. I hope you will continue to have the excellent service!

Yes, I have heard that 2HourServers is one of the best companies to buy performance vps and always have helpful team of support members. I recommend them to everyone based on the reviews here.

@Chaos - I hope you will plan to write another review because this is very interesting to read about .
    Just read the end of the post again, you will post another review.

I am going to change that question - @Chaos, I hope you do some benchmarking/test on the vps so we will have a look at the true network/performance of the vps.

Quote Originally Posted by BkWTom View Post
    Great review. Extremely detailed. They sound like a fantastic company to go with for a VPS.

Good luck with them!
    Indeed! IMW was one of my first free host when I started to blog years back Were you there?

Quote Originally Posted by computerwis View Post

I absolutely will! thanks for reading I do hope this review helps someone else looking for a webhost

aye I will try my best to do so.... computerwis.... can you tell me about the tools that are needed for this?

I came across your review yesterday. I had been contemplating moving to a new host. I have some new projects coming up but wasn't sure about staying with the hosting I had. Coming across your review compelled me to look at 2hourservers. I ended up ordering the Cpanel3 (50% off helped).

It sounds to me like 2hourservers is starting off on the right foot. I am hoping that they keep it up.

Hi,
    You could try those:
    1. Byte Benchmark
    2. Speed Test - use wget to a .test file.

I will find some more at a later date.