Thread: CDG Visit

CDG Visit

I had a 3rd-party show up today at my business address (home office) requesting to take pictures of the interior for verification purposes on behalf of CDG's partner bank.

Is this standard practice?

I don't know from experience with CDG for instance, but I do know from an audit/financial point of view that they do existancy tests which is to validate that something truly exists.

I know when hotels get audited they ask to see the suites to ensure that the suite actually exists. It is probably similar practice and I am sure this is what CDG is doing. Hope that helps.

This has not happened for me with CDG. I have had a previous instance where another bank had come in to photograph my office for the purpose of verification.
    Tin Pham
    Solutions Engineer
    WP Engine - WordPress Hosting, Perfected.

Quote Originally Posted by Tin View Post
    This has not happened for me with CDG. I have had a previous instance where another bank had come in to photograph my office for the purpose of verification.
    Like most things, it's probably a one off case where they dont' do it to everyone. A lot of times its random sampling.

Thanks for the replies guys. I just found it extremely unnecessary and a tad invasive as well. CDG knows we're an online business. They already have our website and business documents.

Quote Originally Posted by Orien View Post
    Thanks for the replies guys. I just found it extremely unnecessary and a tad invasive as well. CDG knows we're an online business. They already have our website and business documents.
    They might be receiving audit pressure on existancy ... for example (since you're located in USA i'll use the Big 4 [PWC, KPMG, Deloitte, and Ernst & Young] might be auditing their books and questioning samples... you're company may have been selected and thereofre they had to reach out to you.

I agree it's a little odd, usually they schedule the appointment so they know you're home and don't just show up.

Hello Orien,

Regarding the site survey, you were definitely not singled out in any way whatsoever. It was just a random site survey sampling that we are required to do on every X merchant accounts in accordance with our sponsoring bank's security and audit policy mandates. The same is true for most other processors.

That being said, I do apologize for any confusion caused. Normally the site survey company will call in advance to schedule an appointment to avoid exactly that. However, due to the fact that we have merchants all over the U.S. the "mileage varies" between one site survey inspector and/or company and another.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or if there is anything else that I can help out with. Thanks!
    CDGcommerce.com - Trusted Merchant Account Solutions since 1998
    Many thousands of successful, growing businesses benefit from our expertise every day. You can, too!
    We help merchants to eliminate gateway costs, reduce & mitigate fraud and achieve streamlined PCI compliance.
    Learn more today at http://www.cdgcommerce.com - we look forward to helping your business grow!