Light-weight cart with downloadable goods ability?
I'm in the process of working on a company that sells downloadable products and am looking for a cart that fits our needs. Was hoping someone here might have some suggestions.
- Cart is very light-weight and can easily be stripped down to a 'buy now' button, a customer back-end with a link to the download and a payment page. I do not need categories, featured products, analytics or other "highly wanted" features.
- PCI-DSS compliant to accept CC info on site and send to payment gateway (looking to be authorize.net) or have a third party mod that integrates with the authorize.net AIM API. This is not particularly required as I am willing to code the integration myself.
- Inexpensive. Cart can be up to $600
- Self hosted option. If I can't host it on my own server its a no-go.
- Source code available. I need to be able to edit the core code for the cart, so anything that is encrypted by ionCube or Zend is out of the question.
The main thing I need is it to be very very light-weight. That rules out OScommerce, zencart, magento, xcart, pinnaclecart, bigcommerce and all other highly used carts.
Anyone got ideas, or will I be coding this myself?
There are probably a few different products that can meet nearly all of your needs. Have you checked on http://www.hotscripts.com/ ?
I think I'm quite reasonable in my needs
I also did look through there just now and saw only 2 possibly useful scripts but were last updated around 2004 and based on PHP4. Not everyone submits stuff to there, so I'm hoping someone still might have an idea on where to get my needs. If not, ZEND here I come!
Originally Posted by lovelycesar
I think you would develop a such code yourself.
That's what I'm starting to think. I guess $600 in for a shopping cart will now be $600 in caffeine.
Originally Posted by Mr_White
You can try wordpress with eCart = FREE. how about that?
Way too heavy. I'm not in need of a blog, categories, comments etc. Just need a 'buy now' button which sends them to a login or checkout, they purchase and then once we approve their order and get their download setup, have it send an email to them with a time-sensitive link. Anything else I consider bloat for this project.