BuyVM first step

I had enough bad experience with different VPS providers like delimitervps.
    I read a lot on this forum and it seemed as is buyvm right choice. 512ram plan is realy good for me and for my needs, and they are one site and irc server. After installation of centos 32bit and kloxo all somehow began to go down. Because VPS purchased yesterday I decided to wait for the day but it did not solve my problems.

Issues are as follows:

1. Slow execution of simple ssh commands like (dir, cd, etc...)
    2. Slow opening web pages ... Sometimes it's need 2-3 minutes minimum 20-30 sec.
    3. Upload via ftp is terrible, 15-20 files, each weighing 2-5kb sends up to 30 minutes

Is there someone with similar problem here? I mention I'm on node7

Have you opened a ticket with them?

Hi DracH,

I'm sorry to hear your experiencing some issues with BuyVM, they seem to always have great reviews here. I'm sure Fran will chime in and assist you.

You can't really be surprised by this.

It's public knowledge they sold all their stock in a matter of a few hours, the 128's went in minutes.

Even if they're being responsible about the number of VMs they're putting on each node, you're surely hosted on a fully loaded host.

It's going to get sluggish at times.

A VPS is shared hosting with a superiority complex!

I'd submit a ticket, as they just sold over 200+ servers in less then 1hour, which is insane. Soo I don't see that theres maybe a problem or two. I'd submit a ticket or join there IRC @ irc.dairc.net to go and talk to them, they will help you!

Fran's a good guy, he will make sure your 100.10% pleased.
    FusionNET Solutions
    OpenVZ & XEN VPS available in US & UK.
    IRC & Adult Allowed, RDNS Control, 24/7 Helpdesk, VPN Ready, Native IPv6 Ready!

yea i know that...I have few ticket and answer on them but that don't help me... So if anyone can say me how much time need to load this

http:// uni1.planet-wars.info

that is just simple login page... Thx

i realy need good vps for little online web browser game and irc support. But all people from my country what i know have realy slow page load... Sometime take about 1-2 min to open little simple page...So who will play game when you need 2 min to open something ?

Your page loads completely in <10 seconds for me.

That said, if the performance is not adequate for you, wait for a couple of days until all the benchmarkers stop and abusers (if any) get kicked off. The performance will only get better from here.

Thx InsDel but if someone from Europe can try I would be very grateful...

Quote Originally Posted by DracH View Post
    Thx InsDel but if someone from Europe can try I would be very grateful...
    Site loads a tad slower then it should... I have run that same script myself...

Although if you want good speeds to Europe you should not be using a host in Fremont California.

yea but if you know it's hard to find vps that support ircd server... I have ping about 190ms with vps but that is not problem... Problem is slow realy slow load. As you see that is simple login page and need to much time to open... With hostgator i have ping about i don't know 250 but page load is lot faster... With some other vps like from directspace load is much faster...So i realy don't know what to do

And on any other hosting or vps provider from US i can upload via FTP with 45-48kb/s and here i can upload 1-3kb/s then stop uploading for 1-2 min, then again upload.

I'm not sure where you are located, but that page loads just fine in 3 seconds and refreshed instantly when cached by firefox.
    How can you factor in VAT when comparing since you are subject to VAT on everything? Obviously purchases made outside the EU are not going to be collected with VAT, but are you not still responsible to pay it on your own? - Tim Flavin from "Hostigation.com"

Log a ticket and we'll take a peak

Sometimes it's our monitor systems going on a rampage, other times it's resource plans don't kick in properly and a user ends up with half of what they should have been given.

We'll do our best to correct it though

Francisco
    BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based VPS Servers - Chat with us
    - All popular VPN methods supported
    - Affordable offloaded MySQL & DDoS protection
    - 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony

Francisco i have opened ticket but like Anthony say it's not problem on your side, it's on my and maybe on ppl from my country?

Francisco i have opened ticket but like Anthony say it's not problem on your side, it's on my and maybe on ppl from my country?
    What's your ticket ID? I can hop in your container and see if your apache isn't tuned quite right

Francisco
    - 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony

#805217 its default kloxo instal, so it can't be apache i think coz i need a lot of time to execute simple command on ssh like dir or chmod ... And ftp upload is realy bad sometime just stop, then start after one two min... And the speed is now about 20-25kb/s and i can upload with 45-50...

Slow execution of simple ssh commands like (dir, cd, etc...)
    most people will doing some benchmark tasks including doing some dd test everytime they got their new "toys", that could make your disk i/o goes bad.

but i am sure the staff will take care about it
    please cmiiw always

See the problem with centos + apache from yum is that it does really lame config files, this is from yours:

<IfModule prefork.c>
    StartServers 1
    MinSpareServers 1
    MaxSpareServers 5
    ServerLimit 10
    MaxClients 10
    MaxRequestsPerChild 4000
    </IfModule>
    I've tuned that up for you either way and restarted your apache.

A forced refresh of your page shows it loading quite quick, could you confirm?

Francisco

yea load is better now, thx Francisco, now i need just 2-5 sec to load page, but ssh i still realy slow i think, when i use simple command like chmod, dir, cd, etc... And FTP upload is 2-5 sometimes go to 20-30 then get back down on 2-5kb/s... Somethimes ftp just stop uploading, and after 1-2 min back to work

Btw thx Francisco for page load

I'll peek into your container more and see if i can spot what might be causing you that. From the node side it's replying quick but never the less I'll keep looking

Thanks,

Francisco

Thank you Francisco for help

You might want to cut back on that image too. 0.5MB on a dialup will take 1-2 mins to download. That might account for the high-end of your load reports too from your users.

we all have dsl here so and minimum speed in my country is 1.5mb/s so that img is not problem i think

Let me know if that feels better at all? I've done some updates to the monitoring bot as i'm fairly sure it was punishing your VM.

Let me know or drop by our IRC We have a link on the homepage of BuyVM.

Francisco

yea thing going bether now i think. But i will need some time to see how it's work. Thx for all Francisco

Issues are as follows:

1. Slow execution of simple ssh commands like (dir, cd, etc...)
    I'm sorry for going off-topic but is dir an SSH command? :O

I'm just super curious to know if some distribution of Linux has that command. As much as I know for that purpose you have cd and pwd.
    Maple-Hosting - Perfectionists Since 2008.
    Netherlands VPS Hosting | Netherlands Dedicated Servers | DDoS Protection | DMCA Abuse Protection

I rate Maple-Hosting 10/10 because the staff and the product are amazing. - WebHostingTalk Review

Quote Originally Posted by Morhsn View Post
    I'm sorry for going off-topic but is dir an SSH command? :O

I'm just super curious to know if some distribution of Linux has that command. As much as I know for that purpose you have cd and pwd.
    'dir' is usually just an alias defined in the users .bashrc to make them feel at home if they're a DOSer

Francisco

Quote Originally Posted by DeltaAnime View Post
    'dir' is usually just an alias defined in the users .bashrc to make them feel at home if they're a DOSer

Francisco
    Cool, thanks!
    Maple-Hosting - Perfectionists Since 2008.
    Netherlands VPS Hosting | Netherlands Dedicated Servers | DDoS Protection | DMCA Abuse Protection

I rate Maple-Hosting 10/10 because the staff and the product are amazing. - WebHostingTalk Review