Port 80 Incoming Blocked?

Hi,

I dont know that much about web hosting so i wondered if you could help me out with an issue i am having.

My web host is GoDaddy and i need to allow incoming on port 80 as part of a callback script designed to validate payments on my website. Basically my external payment processor will send a http post request to my site which simply passes a yes or a no plus a password which i then use to update my shopping cart.

Problem is the calback is not getting through and i think it may be getting blocked by GoDaddy.

Is this a common thing for a web host to do? And is there any way i can solve the issue?

Paul

Don't all HTTP web requests come across TCP port 80?
    So how could it be blocked?

Sounds more like a conflict from trying to use 80.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

If your Web site can be accessed in a Web browser via http://yorudomain.tld, port 80 is not blocked. If you have to include the port (i.e. http://yourdomain.tld:82) to access your Web site, then port 80 may be blocked.
    GG Web Hosting
    Backup, Digital (SSL) Certificates, Domains, Hosting, Privacy Policy, Software
    S/W: Peel Ads, Softaculous, WHMCS Addons (Abuse Mon., Affiliate Peel Ads, Client Stat., Ord. Prevention, Ord. Stat., Softaculous NOC, Sys. Cleanup)
    Authorized Reseller Program

Quote Originally Posted by GGWH-James View Post
    If your Web site can be accessed in a Web browser via yorudomain.tld, port 80 is not blocked. If you have to include the port (i.e. yourdomain.tld:82) to access your Web site, then port 80 may be blocked.
    yeah that's what i thought but is that both ways incoming and outgoing?

cheers

It has to be bidirectional, yes.
    It responds to requests, it doesn't just blindly broadcast.
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

I'm getting confused by you guys when you interchanging use incoming and outgoing like that. Godaddy has some quirks with outbound http requests on their shared linux packages, mostly due to their php security.

http://community.godaddy.com/groups/...-remote-pages/

I know some IPNs will have your script initiate another roundtrip back to the payment provider after the notification to get the actual order information.

That might be what's actually failing for you, as its highly unlikely inbound port 80 would be blocked. But whether its an fopen problem or not (your code might even be trying to use curl) might be difficult to pin down. Maybe your error log section in cpanel will specify exactly what's failing.

well i have ran some test to see if anything is getting through by doing the following:

I put some php code into the page where my callback usually is with a simple frwite to file to see if the function is being called. It isnt so obviously the script isnt even being ran. So it can only be 1 of 2 problems:

1) The url my payment processor is sending the post data to isnt correct

2) My host is stopping the post data getting through from my payment processor.

check u access.log see if its even being hit or if what url hit it's post?

Hello,

I have 2 ideas
    1) Do you have a dedicated IP address, I do know some payment processes require this
    2) Do you have SSL support, some processors refuse to send to port 80 rather 443
    Keith I Myers
    KMyers.me The rantings of a lunatic
    Geek Survival Guide - Reviews and Advice for Geeks