Thumbs down Server.lu - Don't Host With Them If You Value Your Data

One word: Unprofessional.

I don't do negative post but server.lu is the worst hosting provider in the planet earth.

My honest story:

My client's need a server and I have no choice but to get servers from server.lu since my client's need 100Mbps Unmetered in Europe.

Got 3 servers with them and it went all ok for 1 year or so.

Then they sent me an email about the client hosting illegal stuff and I asked the client about it but the client said, they do not host any illegal stuff in their servers. They only link to some legal movies but I still told the client that you can't host it since server.lu do not want it. So, I shutdown the site and told the client to move....

I replied to server.lu and told them that it is shutdown then server.lu responded with "Thank you". Later that, I canceled the 2 servers because the client is moving...

If you follow my story, I have 1 more server right?

Let's continue...

Few days later, server.lu emailed me about the information of the 2 servers that I canceled already. Since, I wasn't able to response in a few days...

Guess what? They shutdown the remaining server and until now, it is offline.

My client has some data that he can't access it now.

This server has nothing to do with the 2 servers. This client is not hosting any illegal stuff. This is the only 1 server left that I never asked to cancel.

They shut it down because I wasn't able to response in time?

Response to what? For the 2 servers that are not in my hands anymore and that I don't have the client already because he moved?

So, if you have servers with them and you cancel almost everything and you have 1 more server, better backup now or else it will be wiped out...

This is just a warning to those people who is planning to choose them. If you value your data, don't host with server.lu.

Very unprofessional.
      0 Not allowed!

Maybe they received some DMCA and had to shutdown the server or something? - Just poiting out random things can't find a reason for any provider do something like this.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Bernardoo View Post
    Maybe they received some DMCA and had to shutdown the server or something? - Just poiting out random things can't find a reason for any provider do something like this.
    Read the entire message please :-)

It was already shutdown by me and the servers were already canceled by me.

I am talking about the other server that has nothing to do with the DMCA.
      0 Not allowed!

it is rare to see community liaison posted something negative about the host.

how to confirm the other 2 is not dealing with illegal things since the server is not control by yourself?
    ControlVM.com :: Cloud Hosting Reliable Xen VPS :: Serving Customer From More Than 40 Countries.
    Hosting Services Available in the USA ● Germany ● Malaysia ● Singapore and Hong Kong
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by CH Hosting View Post
    it is rare to see community liaison posted something negative about the host.

how to confirm the other 2 is not dealing with illegal things since the server is not control by yourself?
    Did you read my entire message? Please read again before you comment on something.

We are not talking about the 2 servers. We are talking about the 1 server that is not hosting illegal stuff and has nothing to do with the 2 servers. The 2 servers are webserver and database but it is hosting only 1 domain.

And we are managing the servers.
      0 Not allowed!

Closed by request.
      0 Not allowed!