Unhappy No interest for small business?

Have you ever felt lazy answering your support inbox because you know that this person requesting your assistance is paying the lowest subscription fee?

Do you think that one day you will no longer be interested in your business because you will realize that you are only getting few dollars?

So, why did you price your service that way if you have the tendency of losing interest because you only get few dollars?

Why do you have to say that you provide 24x7 support and its pretty obvious that you only answer my concerns when the sun is up?

Unbelievable...Don't ask me now who this is.
    I'm just trying to share my frustration and thanks for reading.
    I will definitely prepare some lengthy review for this one soon.
    Ask for Server IP & Nameservers IP to check if your reseller provider truly provides 100% white-label.

I think that all client should get equal treatment whether they pay 1$/month or 200$/ month.

If you start business you shoud start with prices, that brings you profit. If you start with prices, that brings losses then you shouldn't start at first place.
    PremiumCoding you recieve a vivid, eye-catching coding solutions.
    Check our latest Wordpress Themes.

You should post the entire story here. I'm a little lost on the details.
    Tin Pham
    Solutions Engineer
    WP Engine - WordPress Hosting, Perfected.

No, I suggest providing the same level of support to all clients. Whether the person is pre-sales, lowest package, or highest package they should receive your full attention. It should not be segragated to client per dollars... maybe you prioritize and answer their tickets first, but each should receive careful consideration.

I have found it best to not even look at how much they are paying.. Just answer their questions in the order they come in. Don't give any preference at all.

Ok, your post is kind of confusing at the begining as it seemed you were the host, but then it seems you are the customer.

Some stuff is not possible to know until is being done, like how much to charge?, to whom?, what not to sell?, what needs previous notification before selling, etc. etc.

And other variants come into place.
    There are costs in business, and some of these NORMAL costs come in the form of unsatisfied customers, bad word of mouth buzz, etc. etc. but still.., in some strategies is normal in order to grow or to find the right way to work.

In my opinion, regarding customers being treated equally, that's just a factor so easy to be looked as the "All mighty Good Company social rules" hence the cost of not following them, BUT, is just a cost as everything else in the strategy, so it should treated as that.. NOT as the all mighty objective and everything else is secondary, UNLESS ofcourse the company decided the objective is to be the Company of the month regardless of the profits, then everything would be ok even if the competitors may be outgrowing them or eating their market.

I believe that if you are going to be in the Web Hosting Industry you should be ready to help people day or night! When i goto bed at night i turn my speakers all the way up and make sure my computer don't goto sleep! That way when my live support rings im right there to answer it! Sure it may take me an extra few seconds to get to the computer but in the end its worth it.

When your in the Web Hosting Industry, you should know that a customers website don't ever sleep, so why should you. If you enjoy sleeping then you should look into hiring people that can work at night while you sleep.

The more you put into your company the more you will get out, sure you won't make to much per client (on the average) but it builds up. If you can't see yourself sitting in front of the computer while your friends are out at the bar or attending parties, out cruising or just hanging out while your stuck at your pc then you have no business being in this industry!

This is just how i feel and how i run my company! If you can't get up to answer live support at least give them a toll free number that they can call!

That's true technihost but only few understand their responsibilities.
    Ask for Server IP & Nameservers IP to check if your reseller provider truly provides 100% white-label.

Thats why so many hosts never make it past a few months.

I provide the same support to all clients. For example you could have 100 clients paying the lowest subscription fee and just a few paying the higher subscription fee meaning the 100 clients give you most of your income.

All customers are equal, whether they pay more or less. The online biz industry should not behave like the shopkeepers in the street.

if the same level of support is not being offered after hours , it should be made clear that after hours support is given for critical or urgent issues only (i.e. host down , etc)
    Stack Star | Shift8 Web
    ★ Managed VPS Hosting ★ Managed Wordpress Hosting ★ Managed Dedicated Hosting ★ Web Development ★ Web Design
    Managed Wordpress Hosting Web Design Toronto

I guess every business requires responsibility from all concerned persons but as hosting business is mostly support based, so it requires special care.

Try this, Try offering your cheap paying customers like Regular support with a 48HR Response time, and premium clients have a 2HR response time. It's worked with my friends, personally I would never do that to clients since it's not in my TOS, but it's still an idea =)

Treat the small clients well and word of mouth will reach larger clients.

Treat the small clients badly and that big client might hear that you offer bad/slow support and stay away.
    RAM Host -- Premium & Budget Linux Hosting From The USA & EU
    █ Featuring Powerful cPanel CloudLinux Shared Hosting
    █ & Cheap Premium Virtual Dedicated Servers
    Follow us on Twitter

We treat every client the same regardless the amount of pay or situation they are in. Equality rules.

I will happily admit for the purpose of this thread that I too did loose interest in my business. It wasn't thriving when I first started (obviously).

But then after 12/13 months of plodding along, I had people signing up daily and most of the time it was people telling other people.

I never boast, complain or turn away client of any payment size or walk of life.

In fact, I've recently launched my mobile support desk where people text in their questions and It's had a surprisingly warm welcome. I'm only talking about 14/15 people since the launch (Yesterday 09/03/11) but that's not bad for first 36 hours!

I wish you good luck for the future!
    Garbott Ltd - Professional web development & consultancy services
    Oxford.Hosting - Prestigious shared, cloud, dedicated and gaming hosting solutions.

If there a customer you need to give them equal treatment regardless if you want to or not.

I concur - you never know when that $10/month customer may become a $30/month one, or more likely, refer another $10/month customer. That's they way this business works (like most).

In the 11 years I've been at this, I can honestly say that treating customers equally and fairly always seems to have a positive karmic affect. We've had customers that have said they can't believe we've held their hand so much to get started, or didn't give up on a problem like Slodaddy releasing a domain and that made them feel like they were a an enterprise customer.

Not tooting my own horn, but this is what I look for when dealing with companies.
    consultingmode
    Effective, Personalized Support
    Hosting & Consulting Excellence since 1999!
    Accelerated Professional Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by recoil View Post
    I concur - you never know when that $10/month customer may become a $30/month one, or more likely, refer another $10/month customer. That's they way this business works (like most).

In the 11 years I've been at this, I can honestly say that treating customers equally and fairly always seems to have a positive karmic affect. We've had customers that have said they can't believe we've held their hand so much to get started, or didn't give up on a problem like Slodaddy releasing a domain and that made them feel like they were a an enterprise customer.

Not tooting my own horn, but this is what I look for when dealing with companies.
    And this type of customer has a long tolerance when your server messed up one day. That's how this type of customer reciprocate the kindness of their provider