mydediserver - be aware

Send them in the end of January ticket with notice of cancellation at the end of February - was way in excess of required 30 days.
    No response until now. February 25 received invoice for March, yesterday - reminder.
    Good thing I canceled automatic payments on paypal.

Other then that was ok - prompt response on all tickets etc..

Just be aware of this.
    Had dedicated server with them for couple of years

Hi,

It could have been an issue with their billing system, did you ever write them a support ticket about the invoices? I think the title is a bit misleading they didn't take any money from you, just sent an invoice, it could have just been a misunderstanding.

Yes, I posted ticket in their system about cancellation - there were no other ways to notify about cancellation.
    No answer in more then a month.
    Always received prompt response on my tickets before this one, but this one just got ignored.

As long as you have cancelled the paypal subscription and informed them about the cancellation I don't think you have anything to worry about
    » www.InstantDedicated.com - Online in no time
    » Dedicated Servers in [EU] Netherlands + Belgium with DAILY support, also on weekends
    » 3.2 Tbit/s Network AS49453 with only 100 Gbit/s uplink backbone
    » 1G/10G/40G/100 Gbit ports available | 99,99% Network Uptime goal

The OP's subject title is a bit misleading here. It makes on thing there's something shady or not on the up and up with the provider in question.

You said you submitted a "ticket" to cancel? A support ticket? My suggestion would be to read the TOS and see what the cancellation policy is. Some providers require a written notice, email, fax, whatever... I guess I'm just a little confused by your title which at first glance makes it look like this a provider someone should stay away from. In fact it may be all one big misunderstanding.
    Jeremy Kinsey (jer@mia.net) - 262-248-6759
    Dedicated Servers - Web Hosting - Colocation HostDrive.Com
    Since 1997

Quote Originally Posted by rasputin View Post
    The OP's subject title is a bit misleading here. It makes on thing there's something shady or not on the up and up with the provider in question.

You said you submitted a "ticket" to cancel? A support ticket? My suggestion would be to read the TOS and see what the cancellation policy is. Some providers require a written notice, email, fax, whatever... I guess I'm just a little confused by your title which at first glance makes it look like this a provider someone should stay away from. In fact it may be all one big misunderstanding.
    Have you being to their website?
    There is no phone, no fax, no email.
    Only general inquire form.

I did read TOS cancellation policy and according to this requested cancellation more then a month before, not a few days as I initially wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by A_Fig_Lee View Post
    Have you being to their website?
    There is no phone, no fax, no email.
    Only general inquire form.

I did read TOS cancellation policy and according to this requested cancellation more then a month before, not a few days as I initially wanted.
    Nope, never looked at the site. Personally if there's no phone, fax, email and only a form, I'd suggest passing. Any place that cannot place the most basic of contact information on their web site has something to hide IMO.
    Jeremy Kinsey (jer@mia.net) - 262-248-6759
    Dedicated Servers - Web Hosting - Colocation HostDrive.Com
    Since 1997

Dear All,

We regret to inform you that there had been some problems with the billing software which lead to these complaints. We are earnestly trying to rectify the defects at the earliest. If there are any complaints, please open tickets with us, we will make corrections.