Thread: HawkHost Review

Thumbs up HawkHost Review

Hi!
    I've used HawkHost for several month.

1. Superb fast 24/7 techsupport. Anytime I send a ticket - get answer during 10 minutes.
    2. Usefull cPanel, very quick navigation.
    3. New client's site, that intergrated with desktop account system works fine (according to ERP-software stat the server utptime 99%).
    4. Flash(flex)+php-based CMS for managers failed. This CMS integrated with desktop account system and should download some information + images from Japan Yahoo Auctions. Currently it failed. Sometimes server returns 503 error or just not responding. Today I've upload the same system on HostGator free(1 cent)-account and it works as should.
    5. Sometimes, like today, I'm getting error during entering to phpMyAdmin (Error #2002) and several times last month the server was in down.
    I will compleate this review
    Sorry for my English
    actionscript, java, php, jquery developer.

Hi SAPdeveloper,

Glad to hear Hawk Host has been providing you with an excellent service. You should contact their support about the 2 errors your receiving. Also, you should report your domain to the WHT moderators so they can verify your review here http://www.webhostingtalk.com/report.php?p=7317550 if you don't want to post the domain to the public.

Quote Originally Posted by JDAnswer View Post
    Also, you should report your domain to the WHT moderators so they can verify your review here http://www.webhostingtalk.com/report.php?p=7317550 if you don't want to post the domain to the public.
    ------
    done

Im with Hawkhost also. They've been great with no downtime.

Another great review from HawkHost

Keep up the good work HawkHost.
    Snoork Hosting - Enterprise Servers | DDoS Protected Network
    99.9% Network Uptime | 15 Minute Ticket Response Time | 24/7 Live Chat
    Check Out Our Dedicated Server Specials For Amazing Discounts & Promotions

thanks for sharing your positive experience.
    Imageleet.com - Premium Hosting Solutions Since 2006
    Shared Hosting, FFmpeg Hosting, Linux VPS and Dedicated Solutions.
    SSD, Litespeed powered, R1soft, cPanel | Softaculous | Rvsitebuilder + FFmpeg, Mencoder, Mplayer, Flvtool2, x264
    http://www.imageleet.com

Thanks for sharing your experience with HawkHost with us. They are definitely a well respected member of the community. Be sure to keep us updated as your relationship with them progresses.
    Scott Swezey
    TCL Fasteners, Inc.
    Automotive fasteners for collision shops.

I am using two host package from them. Good for entry hosting plan for sites solution.
    UUHOST - Webhosting reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamfree View Post
    I am using two host package from them. Good for entry hosting plan for sites solution.
    good, but not the best. For home page it is good, but when I test system it returns 503 Service Unavailable. On HostGator I do not see that error.

Just so you are aware, the link you have in your signature, I followed it and viewed the HawkHost link (the actual image link), it redirects to Bluehost

Not sure if that is meant to be right as your others direct in the right locations?
    l Dedigeeks (Twitter) Shared Reseller Cloud VPS Since 2010
    l Leading AU Hosting Provider Multiple locations - around the globe!
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    l www.yourcompanynamehere.com Customer Service Rep. Superior Service Guarantee

I am saddened and upset. I should not praise this hosting, it is not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by SAPdeveloper View Post
    I am saddened and upset. I should not praise this hosting, it is not worth it.
    How so? HawkHost is an amazing provider...

I sometimes wonder if anyone read points #4 and #5. And its' not like you edited the post after the fact. *shrugs*

Anyways, have you taken it up with HawkHost as to what might be causing the 503's? Note the time and dates. The myphpadmin error sounds like it might be related to the same server load issues (if that was it)

Quote Originally Posted by tchen View Post
    I sometimes wonder if anyone read points #4 and #5. And its' not like you edited the post after the fact. *shrugs*

Anyways, have you taken it up with HawkHost as to what might be causing the 503's? Note the time and dates. The myphpadmin error sounds like it might be related to the same server load issues (if that was it)

I've never seen a load issue cause a 503.

I have.
    But it was in Windows, where the load zapped the app pool. Refresh fixes it.
    Does Linux have comparable scenario? (I would think so.)
    || Need a good host?
    || See my Suggested Hosts List || Editorial: EIG/Site5/Arvixe/Hostgator Alternatives
    ||

Quote Originally Posted by tchen View Post

The error 503 appears after ImageMagic conversation... Maybe I'm wrong about HawkHost. But on hostgator it works without 503 and very fast.

Ya, it could be for anything really. Just the connection being refused at times leads me to suspect something along those lines. Anyways, Hawkhost has the logs and should at least be able to let the OP know what it is.

The error 503 appears after ImageMagic conversation... Maybe I'm wrong about HawkHost. But on hostgator it works without 503 and very fast.
    Oh yea, didn't we already go over this somewhere else as being a timeout issue from php?

503 errors are caused by PHP crashes typically or issues with communication between PHP and the web server. So that would usually means bugs in PHP being produced somehow. Our system administration team can investigate them if we're given exact steps on how to replicate it and can replicate it easily. This of course leads to a bug report to PHP we cannot fix PHP bugs. The other cause can happen if say PHP is running external applications and they cannot be launched due to say hitting memory limits already so you cannot launch additional external processes.

As for the other issues I need to point out we do not guarantee 100% uptime. We never have but it seems we've spoiled people and thus even 1 minute of downtime people are crying foul. Our SLA points out 99.9% being our goal in our environments. We do shared web hosting we have a lot of servers we have people who abuse our services. Web hosting even with CloudLinux is still is a retro-active game. While it can limit CPU it cannot stop i/o issues and it cannot stop abuse of mysql (they do have a beta program that attempts to a degree). So a user abuses MySQL our technicians get notice from the system high i/o or whatever. Technicians investigate and shutdown the service of the person doing it. It's a luck of a draw situation if someone is put on a server that encounters abusers. We can't know that johnny with his wordpress blog is going to install 500 plugins until he does and brings down the server randomly at 5am with 25 i/o intensive mysql queries.
    Tony B. - Chief Executive Officer
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly serving websites since 2004
    Quality Shared and VPS Hosting
    PHP 5.3.x & PHP 5.4.x & PHP 5.5.X & PHP 5.6.X & PHP 7.0.X Support!

TonyB,
    So if my scripts wtih ImageMagic overload the server, should I move to another hosting?

TonyB,
    So if my scripts wtih ImageMagic overload the server, should I move to another hosting?
    You're not overloading the server as explained the conversion process of looks on certain images isn't working or taking an extremely long time to run. So you ended up where you had 700mb of memory used on your account so it wouldn't let you spawn additional processes. This issue probably never came up at HostGator as they were killing the processes automatically for you after a certain interval. The system we run that works similarly to this we had to disable due to some issues it was creating.

So it would be wise to investigate the images that fail to convert. You could also kill them via SSH if necessary when they're taking a large amount of time.
    Tony B. - Chief Executive Officer
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly serving websites since 2004
    Quality Shared and VPS Hosting
    PHP 5.3.x & PHP 5.4.x & PHP 5.5.X & PHP 5.6.X & PHP 7.0.X Support!

Thank you for answer!