Thread: FDC or 100tb

FDC or 100tb

Hello need advice thanks in advance:
    FDC or 100TB?
    any help will be great.

I can't say I've dealt with 100TB before, however, I have used FDC.

I found FDC to be more than adequate and their prices are very reasonable.
    My main good point with FDC is their support response, I haven't had to use their support a great deal, but when
    I have, it's only taken a between 2-20 minutes for them to respond. Can't say everyone has had this experience, and I'm sure there are better and worse providers out there. But FDC are worth a try

FDC vs. 100TB is apples to oranges. We can't compare the two in a relevant manner without knowing what you are looking to do and what your requirements are. FDC is cheap, cheap, cheap, and the level of service you get will reflect that. 100TB is more expensive, but far more reliable.

We are looking for quality and more reliable.
    budget around $400.00 a month.
    Thanks

If those are your two choices, and quality/reliability are important, then hands down 100TB.

Yeah, I would have to agree I guess...

Other than price, You would have to go for 100TB

With a Budget of $400, you should be able to find something at 100TB quite easily, although it would depend on your requirements

Go for 100tb.com

Hi Thanks I will go with 100TB

100TB hands down in terms of quality.

I'd go with 100TB because the hardware is affiliated with Softlayer.
    Tin Pham
    Solutions Engineer
    WP Engine - WordPress Hosting, Perfected.

I have servers at both, and I'm what you would call obsessed with getting the best performance per dollar. I would pick 100tb, even their cheapo pentium D's use pretty good hardware, intel nics etc, so I've gotten better results from those than from FDC's lower end servers which use desktop motherboards. There's certainly a place for using either provider, but I would lean towards 100tb most of the time.
    Phoenix Dedicated Servers -- IOFLOOD.com
    Email: sales [at] ioflood.com
    Backup Storage VPS -- 1TBVPS.com

100tb hands down
    Jon Stephenson

If those are the only two you're comparing, 100TB easily.
    /2cts
    BLAZINGSWITCH | sales /@/ blazingswitch.com
    SEO HOSTING | ARIN/RIPE/APNIC | 250+ CLASS-B | CLEAN IPv4 LEASING | 1G UNMETERED
    HIGH SPEED WEB HOSTING SOLUTIONS | ENTERPRISE GRADE HARDWARE

Why not check out pooled.net from steadfast?

You get a much better network than FDC and they're a lot more reasonable when it comes to DMCA's and such if you're into video streaming/etc.

Francisco
    BuyVM - OpenVZ & KVM Based VPS Servers - Chat with us
    - All popular VPN methods supported
    - Affordable offloaded MySQL & DDoS protection
    - 5GB backup space, unmetered private LAN bandwidth & native IPv6 included. All with a strong serving of pony

based on your budget, 100tb. they are not really like for like to compare. The softlayer network is far superior though so if you can afford it go with 100tb.
    l 201TB.com 201TB bandwidth as standard in three USA DCs. KVMoIP, auto reboot & OS install all included - Now available in the Netherlands!
    l udedi.com UK, USA & NL unmetered 100mb & 1GB 100TB premium bandwidth servers
    l Assiva Ltd UK Shared & Reseller LiteSpeed 10 years of hosting R1Soft

+1 for 100TB

They use SoftLayer data center which offers amazing network quality.

We have used 100TB previously for large customer bandwidth needs and we were very satisfied with their service.
    Snoork Hosting - Enterprise Servers | DDoS Protected Network
    99.9% Network Uptime | 15 Minute Ticket Response Time | 24/7 Live Chat
    Check Out Our Dedicated Server Specials For Amazing Discounts & Promotions

Quote Originally Posted by [CTI] Todd View Post
    FDC vs. 100TB is apples to oranges. We can't compare the two in a relevant manner without knowing what you are looking to do and what your requirements are. FDC is cheap, cheap, cheap, and the level of service you get will reflect that. 100TB is more expensive, but far more reliable.
    IMO, 100TB has better network, but i often get faster and more helpful support from FDC when needed.

If you are into content that is "grayzone", do not go for FDC, however i have used FDC for various things and what makes me concider them every time its time for hosting is their support, to have 5-10 tickets mailed back and forth and then get server hardware replaced promtly within a day, i call that good value for money. And now when they have started EU hosting aswell, i recommend to give them a chance.

Also 100tb do not allow "content delivery networks" what the hell that is supposed to mean? cant they commit to their 100tb?, i know FDC clearly state what acceptable usages is for their various bandwith packages.
    Last edited by micze; 03-04-2011 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cheaptraffic View Post
    IMO, 100TB has better network, but i often get faster and more helpful support from FDC when needed.
    I've never used FDC personally, but I think you're the first person I've ever heard refer to FDC's support as 'helpful'

Not to knock them, they offer a value service at value price, but I think the OP is looking for quality over value.

I've never used FDC personally, but I think you're the first person I've ever heard refer to FDC's support as 'helpful'

Not to knock them, they offer a value service at value price, but I think the OP is looking for quality over value.
    I'm a bit surprised as well, however, you can say that FDC is fast at support. I haven't personally had any run-ins with 100tb support because my partner takes care of that. I have no idea the specifics, but he's certainly expressed frustration with 100tb support in the past. So assuming 100tb support is slow and unhelpful (not 100% sure on this, just for sake of argument), then I could certainly see preferring FDC, because at least they're fast, so if you need to do some back and forth to get to a resolution, with FDC that back and forth doesn't take too long because they reply quickly.

So if you're just comparing one company to another, sure, FDC probably has better support. It's not the kind of support I would be thrilled about if we weren't just comparing two companies, but it's pretty good when you consider your alternatives at this budget.
    Phoenix Dedicated Servers -- IOFLOOD.com
    Email: sales [at] ioflood.com
    Backup Storage VPS -- 1TBVPS.com

<< removed >>

fdc can be cheap cheap cheap but wont invent something in their TOS to close down your account as you are using much more than they ve expected ( see max cdn).

funkywizard : Ive tried contacting tom about CDN stuff and for the second time I dont get any answers .

micze : IDK how support works at fdc but can tell that sales beat 100tb ones all day.
    Last edited by writespeak; 03-08-2011 at 11:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by elvis1 View Post
    Ive tried contacting tom about CDN stuff and for the second time I dont get any answers .
    Tried searching and re-building mailbox for CDN - I see nothing. Please PM me your mail address and the mail you sent to me and I'll get right onto it.

General Manager, 100TB
    100TB.com -> 21 Datacenter Locations