Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

* iPad 2 Impressions...

So the big announcement happened yesterday, it will be out in only 8 days. What are your impressions about the new iPad?

I am really excited about it although I do think they left a lot to be desired such as a higher res screen, use of their thunderbolt port, double the memory. Regardless I think, thinner and lighter, video out, and dual cameras will make it a worthy upgrade to enjoy for the next 12 months before the next one comes along.

I plan on getting it on day 1 just like I did last year with the original. Anyone else plan on getting it right away?
    Andy Salazar - Steadfast Networks: Cloud, Dedicated and Colocation
    Email: andy.salazar @steadfast.net - Sales/Support: 312-602-2689
    DC Locations: 350 E Cermak, 725 S Wells Chicago IL and Edison NJ

It's exactly what I was anticipating. Smaller, thinner, dual cameras for chat and video ... Apple never fails

on a side note jobs looked like s|h|i|t.

No impression, no interest I still really don't know how will I utilize this versus my netbook.
    I find this device a waste of money IMO.
    Ask for Server IP & Nameservers IP to check if your reseller provider truly provides 100% white-label.

Honestly, Apple always amazes me, I won't get one right away as $629 for a 16GB seems a bit high for me and knowing Apple, the prices will drop quite soon after the rush of orders has came in.

Quote Originally Posted by JDAnswer View Post
    Honestly, Apple always amazes me, I won't get one right away as $629 for a 16GB seems a bit high for me and knowing Apple, the prices will drop quite soon after the rush of orders has came in.
    Not until generation 3 comes out . However i'm sure you'll be able to get the 1st generation iPad's now for super cheap!

Quote Originally Posted by Yujin
    No impression, no interest I still really don't know how will I utilize this versus my netbook.
    I find this device a waste of money IMO.
    Should have gotten it instead of the netbook . But I would agree to have both would be a waste of money$$$.

Quote Originally Posted by Techy View Post
    Should have gotten it instead of the netbook . But I would agree to have both would be a waste of money$$$.
    Talking about portability and usability, are you saying that iPad can do more versus netbook?
    Ask for Server IP & Nameservers IP to check if your reseller provider truly provides 100% white-label.

Quote Originally Posted by Yujin View Post
    Talking about portability and usability, are you saying that iPad can do more versus netbook?
    Well I would say they are comporable ... but the Apps for the iPad would win it over. Basical functionality of a keyboard can be covered with add on products, the app store has everything to cover word, excel, ppt, office, etc...

the load time of an application and start of the iPad destroys the netbooks. Portability it can be carried as a book, in a sleeve, the screen rotates side-to-side so if you want it landscaped versus portrait. The features are limitless.

Quote Originally Posted by Andy Salazar View Post
    I plan on getting it on day 1 just like I did last year with the original. Anyone else plan on getting it right away?
    No, of course not.

I'm thoroughly convinced that if Apple introduced the iRock which is just that, a rock, people would line up all over the country to get their hand on a sleek, over priced rock that does nothing because after all, it's just a rock. Then six months later, Apple will introduce the iRock II which as the name implies, is two rocks but instead of bringing any ground breaking new technology to the rock, Apple decided to make the iRock II smaller and more polished so people feel inclined to buy it as their original iRock now looks like a substandard product.

Sheeple, all of you!
    Patrick William | RACK911 Labs | Software Security Auditing
    400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com

www.HostingSecList.com - Security notices for the hosting community.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
    No, of course not.

I'm thoroughly convinced that if Apple introduced the iRock which is just that, a rock, people would line up all over the country to get their hand on a sleek, over priced rock that does nothing because after all, it's just a rock. Then six months later, Apple will introduce the iRock II which as the name implies, is two rocks but instead of bringing any ground breaking new technology to the rock, Apple decided to make the iRock II smaller and more polished so people feel inclined to buy it as their original iRock now looks like a substandard product.

Sheeple, all of you!
    Haha nice analysis of the iRock and 2nd gen iRock II . However, I have a 1st gen and WILL NOT be purchasing the 2nd gen.

Well I would say they are comporable ... but the Apps for the iPad would win it over. Basical functionality of a keyboard can be covered with add on products, the app store has everything to cover word, excel, ppt, office, etc...

the load time of an application and start of the iPad destroys the netbooks. Portability it can be carried as a book, in a sleeve, the screen rotates side-to-side so if you want it landscaped versus portrait. The features are limitless.
    They are absolutely incomparable. I will rather spend more for the Macbook Air rather than spending for this.

They are absolutely incomparable. I will rather spend more for the Macbook Air rather than spending for this.
    That's your opinion. They are comporable. It also depends what you use it for.

That's your opinion. They are comporable. It also depends what you use it for.
    Showing off is the best usage of iPad but again that's my opinion.

No, of course not.

Sheeple, all of you!

Call me jaded but I think that Apple produces products people actually enjoy and thats why they have so many fans. Just because you like an Apple product or just Apple in general... that does not make you a sheep.

The features are limitless.
    The ipad is bounded by the apple ecosystem, therefore it is limited. Not limitless.

The netbook on the other hand IS limitless.
    VimHost█ Providing Web Hosting since 2003: 13 Years of Dedication to our customers ~ Premium Hosting in Canada
    Email Hosting | RTMP Hosting | FFMPEG Hosting

They add a camera and put in some RAM that no one was missing in the first place, and you're actually excited about it? Enough to fork over the cash to upgrade the almost identical model you already have? Jeez. Obligatory Funny.

Got myself a killer deal on craigslist for an old ipad now that the new ones are out. Will do the same in a couple years :-)

Quote Originally Posted by aeris View Post
    They add a camera and put in some RAM that no one was missing in the first place, and you're actually excited about it? Enough to fork over the cash to upgrade the almost identical model you already have? Jeez. Obligatory Funny.
    Hahaha, thanks for the link pal. Worth posting in my blog and fb... really nice

Quote Originally Posted by aeris View Post
    This isn't an upgrade that is going to break the bank. I sold my original 16gb wifi iPad last week for $400... this one will cost me $540 with tax... so in the end it will cost me $140 to get the newer model with the following upgrades

1)Thinner and Lighter Model
    2)Faster Dual Core Processor
    3)Twice the amount of RAM
    4)Video Out for all apps
    5)Dual Cameras
    6)New one year warranty

Overall I think its worth the $140 and doubt I will have to sell any children to get it. Although I will admit I thought the cartoon was really funny, its really just an over reaction to those who buy the latest products from Apple.

Quote Originally Posted by aeris
    Thank you. That is hysterical.

This isn't an upgrade that is going to break the bank. I sold my original 16gb wifi iPad last week for $400... this one will cost me $540 with tax... so in the end it will cost me $140 to get the newer model with the following upgrades

1)Thinner and Lighter Model
    2)Faster Dual Core Processor
    3)Twice the amount of RAM
    4)Video Out for all apps
    5)Dual Cameras
    6)New one year warranty

Overall I think its worth the $140 and doubt I will have to sell any children to get it. Although I will admit I thought the cartoon was really funny, its really just an over reaction to those who buy the latest products from Apple.
    and what kind of netbook or low end laptop you can buy for $540 ?

Fair enough, if you managed to sucker someone into buying the old one for $400 then I can understand it better.

I think the iPad is fairly useless and cumbersome. If I were to ever buy a tablet PC, I would definitely buy one that allows me to install custom OS and can use open source software. I will probably never buy one though, because I just find them pointless. I also HATE touch screens. Mechanical keyboards all the way!

Apple has a horrible habit of locking everything down. You can't do anything to customize it without using jailbreak software or hacking it up. It makes me feel like Apple doesn't trust its users, and they want absolute control over what you can/can't do with their products.
    GorillaServers Inc | Direct Unmetered Dedicated Servers

Just because you like an Apple product or just Apple in general... that does not make you a sheep.
    Maybe not, but queing up to buy the latest product on day one, even though you've only had its predecessor for a year and that there's nothing wrong with your current iPad makes you a sheep.

My laptop is 4 years old, I have no intention of upgrading to the latest greatest hardware until my laptop dies.

My iPad is 5 months old and I have 0 intention of upgrading it.

Call me jaded but I think that Apple produces products people actually enjoy and thats why they have so many fans. Just because you like an Apple product or just Apple in general... that does not make you a sheep.
    I politely disagree. There is really no reason to upgrade to the iPad 2 in my opinion, yet everyone is going to line up and get it like their iPad 1 is outdated or something. The same cycle happens every time Apple comes out with some product and that's why you're all sheeple for upgrading so fast. The fact that you're going to line up to upgrade and waste some money on some new features that are more gimmicks than anything else further backs the sheeple comment!

Ooo, it has a camera! Are you really going to hold the entire tablet up to take photos? REALLY? I'd feel like a fool doing that in public. I'll stick to my iPhone 3GS. Thanks, Oh, and how many of you actually Facetime with people? I took a survey of nine of my known Apple fan boy friends and non of them do - in fact, half of them thought it was a stupid idea. They all use Skype, why, because Skype works with non Apple products! If the iPad 2 had better resolution or actually brought something of a WOW effect to the table, then I'd consider it.

PS: Let me know if you're selling your old iPad for cheap. I'd like to give one to my sister's kid. She enjoys these sorts of things to play with.

This feels more like an iPad 1.5 than a new one to me.

More interested on the new iPhone if it ever arrives

The cover for it looks a bit naff. It's magnetic but it doesn't really go with the style of the ipad in my opinion.
    Curvehost
    Premium Shared/Reseller/VPS hosting
    24/7 Technical Support - 30 Day Money Back Guarantee - 99.99% Uptime Guarantee

My iPad is 5 months old and I have 0 intention of upgrading it.
    ^-- *points* Good man!

Quote Originally Posted by RandomLittleHost View Post
    My laptop is 4 years old, I have no intention of upgrading to the latest greatest hardware until my laptop dies.
    Almost the same here pal
    Mine is 3-years old and same thoughts...wait until it dies

^-- *points* Good man!
    Plus the rise of Apple's stock and making it the second most valuable company behind Exxon is enough to make me think twice about upgrading as quickly as they try to get you.

Personally, all of my Windows PC's i've used for 4-5 years until significant improvements came out that needed to upgrade. I am not a fan of companies trying to produce major hits every year. Take your time do it in 2 years and get everything right.

"shiiineeeeeyyyyyyyy"

Apple is a control freak.

Since I started learning about the MP3 player, I was never been a fan of iPod.

I opt to Creative Zen.
    You get the USB cable > New Hardware Found > Drag your songs - Done!

No iTunes that requires syncing. I mean its such a hassle if I'm with my friends house and I like some of his song. I don't have to worry about downloading and installing iTunes as long as I have my USB cable. Everything are copied and play.

And I guess for some... Apple is for a status quo.

I opt to Creative Zen.
    You get the USB cable > New Hardware Found > Drag your songs - Done!
    yeah i got a small zen too. but one of the ones without a panel. i had had bought it for dual purpose back 3 years ago ; mp3 player/ flash disk.

i really plug it in to a usb socket, copy my songs in, and it plays them. i can also use it as a flash disk. its that easy.

even if its one of the older ones which doesnt have a control panel and hence cant create playlists, if i upload the mp3s in folders it basically treats them as 'channels'. switches in between folders as if they were playlists.

its quite good. too small and cheap.

And I guess for some... Apple is for a status quo.
    Interesting how they've turned things around ... at one point they were "stay away it's an apple" to being viewed as status quo. In that regard, kudos to them.

kudos to them, or people who like to show off shinies, and have a tendency to define their character with their items, clothes etc ?

Quote Originally Posted by unity100 View Post
    kudos to them, or people who like to show off shinies, and have a tendency to define their character with their items, clothes etc ?
    Ah materialistic people you are referring too. Well i'll be honest, it would take a lot more to show off to me then an iPad for me to think you were wealthy. My nephew could buy an iPad. The iPhone is just as expensive as a blackberry...

But you're right people view it as a status for some reason ... it's not like they make a limited quantity each year. I however do enjoy how well their products sync.

review is great, but looking forward for alternative tablets like HTC Flyer or Samsung Galaxy S2
    Low Cost Storage VPS plans at webprovps.com
    VPS Price Match Guarantee on: All our range of DDOS protected XEN HVM VPS
    == Contact us for any online solution development or managed / unmanaged vps hosting ==

I really really wish it had a retina display. But other than that, I think it's great. I hope there is one in my near future!
    Ashley Scalf - Limestone Networks - Account Specialist
    Dedicated Server Hosting - Premium Network - 24/7/365 Support - Fusion Reseller Platform
    Dallas Datacenter - Unmanaged and Managed Services - Private Tunnel
    @LimestoneInc - www.LimestoneNetworks.com - 877.586.0555 x132

Showing off is the best usage of iPad but again that's my opinion.
    Do you own an iPad?

I do and have since they were released here in Australia. I use it mainly over breakfast reading through all my news feeds with the Flipboard app. That's my 45 minutes or so of me time, where I catch up on the latest news from my news feeds.

It also gets a bit of a workout at the local coffee shop, that I frequent a few times a week. The form function and size of the device leans itself to an ease of use in these situations and it has nothing to do with "Showing off".

It's a piece of technology that I get a benefit from, and enjoy using, and that's what technology is all about.
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley - Limestone View Post
    I really really wish it had a retina display. But other than that, I think it's great. I hope there is one in my near future!
    Retina would have been nice, but maybe not feasible from a tech or cost standpoint? What is rumoured is an upgrade on the software side, to enhance the display, seems they have a better graphics chip and all.
    AussieHost.com Aussie Bob, host since 2001
    Host Multiple Domains on Fast Australian Servers!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast