vps.net - Down again

My friend recommend this vps.net to me and I buy the vps service from this company 2 month ago. However I am very disappointed to this company , the vps keep on down and it is too frequent.

Today it down again for few hours and I lost alot of income because of that, who should pay the compensation to me?

I think I have give enough chance to this company , is time to change others . Too disappointed.

2 months down more than 5 times
    last downtime is today 1400 +8GMT - downtime 2 hours
    and their support reply in a very not friendly and details ways

say something like :- their network keep DDOS , but it is not related to me because I pay the service and not expecting downtime

say no better solution provide by them and each time have to wait for the DDOS to end
    too bad of their flaming skills
    Last edited by Henry Heng 123; 03-03-2011 at 04:52 AM.

may be its time to change the vps provider.
    TechWacky - The Social Tech Guide - HERE
    ( Currently operate servers with: Wholesale Internet, EvoSwitch, DataShack
    _) Previous servers: Limestone Networks, RapidSwitch, Poundhost, TailorMadeServers, JoesDC

I have heard good reviews & feedback about vps.net but don't know why it is not working good for you.

May be you should move to knownhost VPS, I have used them and they are AWESOME
    Professional Banner Design :: Complete Satisfaction & Fast Turnaround
    InspireFusion.com :: Art, Design & Inspiration Blog

Ask your provider what the problem is. They will be able to migrate you to another Hardware node.

VPS.net are great and so are there support.

Are you the target of the DDOS? if not ask to be moved to another network/site.
    - Buying up websites, side-projects and companies - PM Me! -

For those want to know more info please check here

status.vps.net/

ATL-E
    Posted in General on March 3rd, 2011 by admin Be the first to comment

We have seeing issues with few VPSs at this cloud. This VPSs going to reboot.
    UPDATE 6.20 GMT
    we are still working on the problem.
    UPDATE 7.37 GMT
    all VPSes should be back up in 20~30 mins
    UPDATE 8.12 GMT
    All VPSes should be UP
    DDoS In Atlanta
    Posted in General on March 2nd, 2011 by admin Be the first to comment

A large section of a subnet is under heavy DDoS in Atlanta. The IPs that are currently under DDoS are being blocked by the transit providers and will be released once the attack ceases.

VPS.net is really a reputable company.
    I think you should contact them, they may try their best to help you

Quote Originally Posted by iTom View Post
    VPS.net are great and so are there support.

Are you the target of the DDOS? if not ask to be moved to another network/site.
    Exactly,

If you are the target of the DDOS you have no room to complain

I have seen good and bad reviews on vps.net lately. Mostly bad for some reason. They are very reputable, so I am not sure whats going on. What exactly is support saying to you? Make sure it's not something you are doing that is causing the downtime.

Can you post vps.net replies to your situation so we can review them?

- Daniel
    Managed & Unmanaged SSD VPS's by tmzVPS.com | FAST PURE SSD & HDD Plans!
    █ Locations in USA & United Kingdom - Legal Adult Content Allowed! 24/7 Certified Support.
    cPanel/WHM Included | Premium Softaculous | Data Migration Included with Managed Support.
    █ INSTANT SETUP | Paypal, Skrill, 2checkout, BitCoin & all Major Credit Cards Accepted! Skype: tmzvps.chat

AGAIN it DOWN

U guys can refer here URL - status.vps.net/

I already fed up to it

We have seeing issues with few VPSs at this cloud. This VPSs going to reboot.
    UPDATE 6.20 GMT
    we are still working on the problem.
    UPDATE 7.37 GMT
    all VPSes should be back up in 20~30 mins
    UPDATE 8.12 GMT
    All VPSes should be UP
    UPDATE 11.54 GMT
    A number of hypervisors in the Atlanta-E cloud have become read only. The networking team at the DC are currently rebooting these now. We are investigating the cause of this issue currently.
    UPDATE 13.05 GMT
    There are still some issues going on in Atlanta-E with Hypervisors. Our engineers are currently working on this with the DC staff

Wait They are solving problem.
    Think from their point of view. VPS.net is reputed company and they will do best in order to keep their customers rolling.
    have some patience. Why dont you contact them ?
    ██ Website Hosting Mumbai | Web Hosting India
    ██ Web Hosting Unleashed
    ██ cPanel-Softaculous Shared Hosting | 99.9% Uptime
    ██ sales[at]linkwayhosting.com | +91-9930-3388-67

Let me know if you're still experiencing problems. Everyone should be back online now.

Our Atlanta location is usually rock solid. The DDoS attacks from yesterday caused some havoc, but everything should be back under control now.

My vps is down for 3 days now because of "sync problems" as they say. Self-Healing Cloud my ass. Im seriously thinking to change provider

how come cloud vps getting down?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaek View Post
    My vps is down for 3 days now because of "sync problems" as they say. Self-Healing Cloud my ass. Im seriously thinking to change provider

They host all the clouds on large storage servers, not grid, and if there is an issue I could only imagine how long it would take to rebuild with TB's of data on those things.
    www.DMEHosting.com - DME Hosting LLC | Servers, KVM/OpenVZ VPS's, Email Hosting, Web Hosting

It's not a real "cloud", as most of us understand a cloud to be, and despite their front page saying "instead of your website living on 1 physical server, it lives on lots; all at the same time" (which is a blatant lie).

It's a simple VPS, hosted on impressive hardware but plagued by SAN, software and many other problems.

And if you don't believe me, take a look at http://status.vps.net

Is LON-H down for > 18 hours?

Quote Originally Posted by nixell View Post
    how come cloud vps getting down?
    They never said a cloud VPS won't go down and nobody can say that.(usually they don't).
    If it's a cloud VPS or not it will eventually go down. The issue here is how fast a VPS can be brought online again (self-healing as they call it).

In case someone else thinks about cloud as a solution to downtime: http://cloudfail.net/
    IntoDNS - Check your DNS health and configuration
    FLEIO - OpenStack billing and control panel for service providers

vps.net seems pretty decent, but if your looking for compensation, I wouldn't bother looking, move vps hosts and move on.

If your income really was that impacted by a few hours you should investigate load balancing your site or some type of clustering (even round robin DNS with rsycned content would suffice in some cases.). Some VPS hosts might have the expertise in house or able to recommend a setup that would give you higher-availability.

IMHO, if you pay $20 a month and rely on income from it, you should really think twice about putting all your eggs in one basket.
    The Hostworks:: Offering Managed and Unmanaged VPS
    Shared Web Hosting and Managed E-Mail security services.
    24/7 Support :: 10 year anniversary coming soon!

Quote Originally Posted by reloaded View Post
    It's not a real "cloud", as most of us understand a cloud to be, and despite their front page saying "instead of your website living on 1 physical server, it lives on lots; all at the same time" (which is a blatant lie).

It's a simple VPS, hosted on impressive hardware but plagued by SAN, software and many other problems.

And if you don't believe me, take a look at http://status.vps.net
    I don't know if I'd call our setup a simple VPS. You're able to automatically scale, while also having the self-healing aspect for both SAN and Hypervisor problems.

Quote Originally Posted by IGobyTerry View Post
    the self-healing aspect for both SAN and Hypervisor problems.
    You're kidding, right>? I can't recall anything "self-healing" in the 6+ months I've been a client, and my VPS on London H was offline for over 36 hours this past weekend because of SAN problems.

Self-healing>? I think not!

EEDIT: Don't think I didn't notice that you completely ignored my comment about your less than truthful statement on your front page!