Need help (my pc got virus)

Hello all I am using window 7 and NOD anti-virus I just download a image from the internet and after 5-10 minutes my computer is working strangely, suddenly some warning text appears with solid blue background. but still I can use my PC except any application like, task manager etc. and NOD is not showing any virus. let me now friends, what should I do I don't want to format my disk I got some value able data here. hope to here from you soon.

i thought windows 7 is tougher to viruses

your last resort would be to slave another Hard drive, put your important data there and format you main drive.

thanks friends I'll try the given website.

I have scant my PC but is still not working well. I think I have format my disk after all.

there are different ways can help you.
    i suggest download a bootable antivirus and then check the hard disk before your os load.
    checking hard disk when boot windows can quite help you.
    Articles and news about Dinosaurs and dinosaur forum.

Thanks sashaiel. I think this will work I have purchased Avast antivirus for this. Hope this will clear my disk from antivirus.

i would recommend search google for a program called spybot search and destroy. Install the tea timer as well and let it fully scan your computer. It sounds like some kind of malware or spyware rather then a "virus"

I agree with technihost; this does not sound like a virus. Are you sure the image wasn't an executable? Were you on a shady site that has "warez" or things like that? Some sketchy websites have all kinds of nasty malicious code that can run scripts/executable's on your machine. I wouldn't format until after you try out spybot and maybe adaware etc. I recommend using bitdefender or norton 2011 over avast or avg.
    GorillaServers Inc | Direct Unmetered Dedicated Servers

Quote Originally Posted by MrBox View Post
    I agree with technihost; this does not sound like a virus. Are you sure the image wasn't an executable? Were you on a shady site that has "warez" or things like that? Some sketchy websites have all kinds of nasty malicious code that can run scripts/executable's on your machine. I wouldn't format until after you try out spybot and maybe adaware etc. I recommend using bitdefender or norton 2011 over avast or avg.
    im wondering what the files that where appearing where called, are they wierd names like 1xt or anything like that? Did they appear on your desktop as a white file with a wierd name? Can you delete them at all? If so when you delete them do they appear again after you restart?

Dont waste your money on more anti virus sw....instead buy an extra hard drive and a good backup software. Microsoft Security Essentials is good enough actually but anti virus protection is not sufficient enough to protect your data so you need to backup.*

Another important point is never keep your data/files/docs in the same partition where the OS is installed. Keeping them on separate partitions helps you to backup separately and also allows you to restore the os partition backup without interfering with the data in the other partition.

For this situation you are now in you can try getting help from any one of the security forums (listed below) You will have to run a simple tool (DDS or HijackThis) to get a log report so they can analyze what is wrong and what should be removed.

Tools:

Forums:

* Acronis True Image is terrific for this task....not free but worth the price.

thanks all this post help me a lot. I run Avast in boot mode and it cleared the problem I was having. I think it was some sort of malware. but what ever it was I manage to save my data.

Thanks
    Ubaid Ghori

try running nod32, this is the best antivirus i have ever seen. But be sure to update before running the same.

youtube turorials

Hi there;
    I also had a similar problem and got the answere on a youtube tutorial.
    just punch in your symptoms on youtube search engine and you will get something back that I'm pretty sure will help - if not; I have killed many viruses with malware bytes - its free and it works; just run it in safe mode.

There are various good anti-virus like Norton, total security, Symentic etc. which will give you good protection.

I think you got Confiker in your pc ,, which est NOD version are you using ? because Eset NOD is able to identify Confiker..