SendOffsite.com - domain/website/business for sale

Off-site Backup - Domain/Website/Business for sale

www.SendOffsite.com

We started this about 16 months ago because some friends and family suggested it would be a good idea and were looking for an off-site backup solution for their PCs. So I did some research, and within a couple months came up with SendOffsite.com. I basically setup everything that was needed to run the business, but stopped short of actually promoting it. I never settled on the best way to promote it (locally, globally, through partnerships, on websites, etc), and the business has basically sat dormant for the last 12 months or so. I'm spending all my time with my main business, DemoWolf, so it's just best to pass this off to someone with the time needed to properly promote/run/grow this business.

This is a RESELLER business
    Instead of setting up my own servers to accept the backups, I decided it made more sense to partner with an established company that had a good reseller/partner program. The company I chose after researching several of them is www.sosonlinebackup.com (SOS). I signed a contract with them whereby I pre-purchased 2 TB of storage space for $7,500. This is purchased storage space that's already been paid for, and comes with the sale of this business. I also paid $2,000 to have them customize the "Backup Utility" that each of my customers would download, so it matches the look and feel of my website. In addition, all references to SOS were removed, and replaced with references to www.SendOffsite.com, except of course for the legal information in their acceptable use policy which clients have to check that they've read when installing the Backup Utility. It would therefore be up to you the buyer, whether you want to disclose that you are a reseller providing a better customer service and in most cases, better pricing... or whether you want to keep that fact hidden to your customers... your choice.

Pricing:
    It is entirely up to you what you charge your customers for the storage space. Just know that your cost for 2 TB is $7,500 which works out to $3.66 per GB ($7,500 / 2,048 GB = $3.66/GB). But that's only if you buy your storage space in 2 TB blocks, which you may not want to do. Buying in smaller blocks will cost more per GB. But regardless, I am giving you this 2 TB block that I already purchased.

Also keep in mind that this 2 TB is for the first year only. When you sell a backup account, the first year comes out of the purchased block... but in 1 year when the customers renews with you, you'll have to pay to renew that backup account. If the original purchase came out of the block that was purchased for $3.66/GB, then that's the rate you'll have to pay to renew it. So if it's a 10 GB account, your COST for the second (and subsequent) year is $3.66 x 10 = $36.60/year.

Knowing all this, you can decide what price to sell the accounts for. I like the model I came up with, which you can see on the website. 10 GB account I sell for $99.98 for the first year, then $199.98 for each year thereafter... so there is a healthy profit to be had, but only because of the low rate I paid by pre-purchasing all that 2 TB of space. So feel free to continue with the same pricing model I've setup... or change it to something else. As long as you sell the accounts in minimum increments of 1 GB, anything is possible.

If after you've sold all the original 2 TB you want to buy in smaller lots, the pricing provided to me at the time was as follows:
    1 TB (1,024 GB): $5,000.00
    2 TB (2,048 GB): $7,500.00
    I'm sure there are other options too. Just from their website now I see they are offering 250GB for $999.95... just remember the more you pay up front for a block of space, the cheaper your "per GB" rate is and the more profit you'll make.

Why I like www.SOSOnlineBackup.com:
    - Backup unlimited PCs to one account
    - Backup only the files you want, and ALL backed up versions are kept
    - ONLY 1 copy of backed up files is counted towards your storage space... so you actually get a lot more space than you think
    - Backups are automatic... you set them up in the Backup Utility in Windows.
    - Access your backed up files from anywhere in the world.
    - Compression - backups are very fast (after the first one) as only changed files are backed up again.

The future of SendOffsite.com...
    I often thought it would be better to have my own servers and backup solutions, and not be tied to a parent company as a reseller of theirs. You're more than able to do that instead if you choose, just remember if you want to use the Backup Utility I had customized for SendOffsite, then that ties you to SOSOnlineBackup. If you want to break that tie and go another route with this, that's totally up to you... and something I probably would have eventually done anyways.

What's included in this sale:
    - Domain names sendoffsite.com, sendoffsite.net and sendoffsite.ca (all in my www.enom.com account, so I can easily "push" them to another enom account).
    - Logo design (I had it professionally designed through 99designs.com)
    - Website design (also professionally designed through 99designs.com)
    - WHMCS integration
    - Custom "Backup Utility" design
    - "Online Portal" integration... customers can login from SendOffsite.com from anywhere in the world
    - Professionally developed "Video Demos" made through my main company, DemoWolf: http://www.sendoffsite.com/members/tutorials.php
    - All source files
    - Annual www.ProvideSupport.com "Live Chat" account, paid through October 20, 2011 (then $99/year renewal)
    - WHMCS account, $18.95/month which the buyer would assume
    - No customers
    - 2 TB storage space I purchased through SOSOnlineBackup

I have the website hosted on a server I lease through www.SingleHop.com. I have several websites on this server, but will continue to host www.SendOffsite.com for the buyer for a period of 1 year from purchase, if he/she wants to.

Who should consider this opportunity...
    I think the best person or company for this opportunity is one who has a good grasp of SEO, good at promoting online businesses, a general interest in the concept of off-site backup... but the thing I think would MOST help... is someone who already has an established business and client base that they can "package" this service with, and/or co-promote this business with their other business(s). That's what I had in mind when I started it... thinking I could package SendOffsite backup accounts with DemoWolf tutorial purchases, but the more I thought about it I didn't think the fit was quite right.

Payment:
    I will accept payment by Bank Transfer, PayPal or Credit Card (please add 5% if paying by PayPal or Credit Card). Files, domain names, or other assets will not be transferred until payment is received. Check my reputation as a long-standing member here at WHT.

Auction Details:
    No Reserve, no BIN. This auction will close at the end of this month, end of day (midnight GMT) March 31, 2011. Please post all questions and/or bids here in this forum... and please only bid if you are serious.

Thank you!

Rob.
    Last edited by demowolf; 03-02-2011 at 02:16 PM.
    Rob Moore - Founder/President
    DemoWolf.com - Video Support Tutorials for Hosting Companies, since 2005
    Our new service is LIVE - as of June 1, 2016

Is there a starting price bid?

No starting bid... I'll leave that up to the first bidder. I suspect though that this will sell for $2,500 or more but I could be dead wrong. Maybe only $250, or maybe $5,000 or more...

Awaiting offers.

I'll start bid at $100 then

Quote Originally Posted by celona View Post
    I'll start bid at $100 then
    Quote Originally Posted by demowolf
    Auction Details:
    No Reserve, no BIN. This auction will close at the end of this month, end of day (midnight GMT) March 31, 2011. Please post all questions and/or bids here in this forum... and please only bid if you are serious.
    I'm going to say the "Only bid if you are serious" will most likely eliminate the $100 low ball as he is anticipating ~2500k+ ... best of luck. lol.

Why do you think my bid was not serious? He said he doesn't have a starting bid price or a reserve, so what's wrong with me starting things off with a $100 bid?

Quote Originally Posted by celona View Post
    Why do you think my bid was not serious? He said he doesn't have a starting bid price or a reserve, so what's wrong with me starting things off with a $100 bid?
    You're right ... just seemed low because he was anticipating ~2500 ... his fault for not putting a minimum starting bid . HOPE YOU WIN FOR $100 now!!!

Well considering there is no starting bid, I'll offer $150.

$180 bid from me

$200 bid from me
    Adam Piatek - CTO Ritmo Technology Group
    Dedicated Servers, Web Hosting Solutions Ventrilo Servers
    adam (at) ritmohost (dot) com

$220 bid from me

$240 here.

$300 bid here

my bid: $350

Thank you for your bids. There's still 2 weeks left in the auction... perhaps I made the time line too long... I made it a full month anticipating a slew of questions, but there really haven't been any! Just curious, for those who are bidding and interested in www.sendoffsite.com, what do you intend to do with it? Keep the domain and website and develop it further? Or are you only interested in the 2,048 GB of storage space I purchased from SOS?

Any questions, just let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by demowolf View Post
    Thank you for your bids. There's still 2 weeks left in the auction... perhaps I made the time line too long... I made it a full month anticipating a slew of questions, but there really haven't been any! Just curious, for those who are bidding and interested in www.sendoffsite.com, what do you intend to do with it? Keep the domain and website and develop it further? Or are you only interested in the 2,048 GB of storage space I purchased from SOS?

Any questions, just let me know.
    I am actually interested in the domain name only and not the website design or the storage space as we have our own servers.

Keep it and develop it further
    Adam Piatek - CTO Ritmo Technology Group
    Dedicated Servers, Web Hosting Solutions Ventrilo Servers
    adam (at) ritmohost (dot) com

I like the idea and although I think there is alot of competition in the backup market now a good well branded site always has a good chance of being successful.

A few questions (sorry if I have missed any previous answers);
    You mention the 2TB backup has been purchased for a year, which date is this from?

You also mention paying $2000 to have the software customised, is this a perpetual license or a one time fee? Additionally do you have the source code or any form of escrow should SOS go bust?

What language is the program written in, is it multi platform (Linux/Windows/Mac)?

Is the business registered and if so how/where (PLC/Canada?)

How much traffic/unique visits is the site receiving?

Is the sign up process automated or does it require user interaction?

I do feel that any bid I could make would be robbing you considering the money you have invested however I will increase the bidding to $400 for now.

Quote Originally Posted by neXolt View Post
    I like the idea and although I think there is alot of competition in the backup market now a good well branded site always has a good chance of being successful.

A few questions (sorry if I have missed any previous answers);
    You mention the 2TB backup has been purchased for a year, which date is this from?
    It's from the date you setup your clients account. So if you take over sendoffsite.com next month, and a month later in May 2011 you get someone signing up for 1 year for a 50 GB plan, then your cost for that first year (until May 2012) is free.

When we initially did this deal with SOS they gave us 1 year to sell the first year of all 2 TB of space. But they said if we needed longer, that they would honor it. I've already been speaking with them about this (they have an entire department devoted to resellers), and they told me to go ahead and sell... that they would still honor it. Additional costs will not kick in until after the first year is used... when it is time to renew. So you will want to make sure your customer will renew before YOU renew that block with SOS.

You also mention paying $2000 to have the software customised, is this a perpetual license or a one time fee?
    One time fee.
    Additionally do you have the source code or any form of escrow should SOS go bust?
    No we do not. We just have the .EXE file which we make available to our clients to download themselves. You cn download it yourself from the site now if you want. But you won't be able to actually use it without a username and password.[/QUOTE]
    What language is the program written in, is it multi platform (Linux/Windows/Mac)?
    That I do not know... sorry.
    Is the business registered and if so how/where (PLC/Canada?)
    The SendOffsite.com business is not registered itself, but is owned by Bishmore Holdings Ltd. which is my personal incorporated holdings company. I and my wife are 50/50 owners of Bishmore, under which we have developed a number of web properties, the main business of which is DemoWolf.com.
    Therefore, it is not a business with assets and debt that we are selling... it is merely the assets we are selling. In other words, Bishmore Holdings Ltd. is selling some of its assets...the sendoffsite.com domain name, some storage space, the web design and billing integration, etc.
    How much traffic/unique visits is the site receiving?
    I honestly didn't know, so I just looked it up in cpanel/webalizer. Total monthly visits for the last several months are as follows (most recent at the top):

First 2 weeks of March 2011: 845
    February 2011: 1712
    January 2011: 1823
    December 2010: 1778
    November 2010: 1121
    October 2010: 450
    September 2010: 425
    6 previous months averaged 300-400 visits per month.

Is the sign up process automated or does it require user interaction?
    We've integrated WHMCS into the website for the signup process. When an order comes in though, you need to request that block of storage space from SOS (through their reseller portal), and enter your credit card information for renewals (which start in 1 year). Once you do that you'll be given a username and password immediately... and you'll then have to pass that info on to your new customer in the form of a welcome email. This is not automated, but would only take a few minutes to do. In the meantime, we do have an automated email sent out to any new customer, advising them to download the Backup Utility while they wait for their order to be approved and to receive their login information.
    I do feel that any bid I could make would be robbing you considering the money you have invested however I will increase the bidding to $400 for now.
    No worries. Good luck

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Less than 2 weeks left... current bid is $400 by neXolt.

With regret, I have to cancel this auction due to unforeseen circumstances. Specifically, I was unable to get approval to transfer the purchased storage space to another person and that would undoubtedly result in problems with the sale.

I apologize for any inconvenience.